Why I think she wont sell as well

Black_Out

16 minutes ago, PokemonSpears said:

Well, that song you posted is good, but I don't see the connection to Invitation.

The thing is that most of Glory songs are slow, and they're great, but that's not what people expects from Britney Spears. The trend might be whatever you want, but that's because those are the artists that are hot right now. Britney doesn't fit that category. Britney Spears is her own category and she needs to release Britney kind of songs, not whatever the current trend is.

Look at Justin Timberlake and his Can't Stop the Feeling. It was just so successful, and it's totally different from this vibey/****/indie/depressive trend that has ruined the pop scene.

Britney needed to release a smash hit, something danceable, up-tempo, plastic and commercial to gain attention, and then release all the chill, artsy-fartsy tracks that she wanted to.

what about Pretty Girls? :plzexplain:

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply
12 minutes ago, really really cool guy said:

what about Pretty Girls? :plzexplain:

Well, it was different, but that wasn't as up-tempo-ish as she needs to, and it has a weird structure overall.

But mostly, it has Iggy Azalea, who was very hated at the moment. And the video didn't help at all. I mean, it was so bad it became her fastest certified video, but people were watching just to criticize it and make fun of it.

Now Tom's Diner would've been the perfect single for 2015, even if it wasn't up-tempo, but they let it die slowly, in a corner.

I think from Glory, and I still can't understand how ya'll don't see it, DYWCO was the obvious lead single, and even that, I don't think it's as powerful as she needed to be to really, really come back. Who knows, maybe Invitation would've worked well, or any other track, but we'll never know what kind of song could work with the GP, if they keep releasing just two singles per album :sickofu:

5 hours ago, HenryBai said:

That album is so lit I nearly love every song:foh: I didn't know BIM has a messy impact though

That song is the worst one on the album lol, she needs to go back being the avant garde and careless ***** again.

And as for Britney, I think the reason why she lost so many fans is that she is just a very boring person despite being a sweet girl:giggleney:

Nothing boring about Britney

shut up

6 minutes ago, PokemonSpears said:

Well, it was different, but that wasn't as up-tempo-ish as she needs to, and it has a weird structure overall.

But mostly, it has Iggy Azalea, who was very hated at the moment. And the video didn't help at all. I mean, it was so bad it became her fastest certified video, but people were watching just to criticize it and make fun of it.

Now Tom's Diner would've been the perfect single for 2015, even if it wasn't up-tempo, but they let it die slowly, in a corner.

I think from Glory, and I still can't understand how ya'll don't see it, DYWCO was the obvious lead single, and even that, I don't think it's as powerful as she needed to be to really, really come back. Who knows, maybe Invitation would've worked well, or any other track, but we'll never know what kind of song could work with the GP, if they keep releasing just two singles per album :sickofu:

Make Me worked very well

Peaked at #17 on the hot 100 

Went #1 quickly on itunes after its release

Seen a huge increase on itunes after her VMA performance

38 minutes ago, PokemonSpears said:

Well, that song you posted is good, but I don't see the connection to Invitation.

The thing is that most of Glory songs are slow, and they're great, but that's not what people expects from Britney Spears. The trend might be whatever you want, but that's because those are the artists that are hot right now. Britney doesn't fit that category. Britney Spears is her own category and she needs to release Britney kind of songs, not whatever the current trend is.

Look at Justin Timberlake and his Can't Stop the Feeling. It was just so successful, and it's totally different from this vibey/****/indie/depressive trend that has ruined the pop scene.

Britney needed to release a smash hit, something danceable, up-tempo, plastic and commercial to gain attention, and then release all the chill, artsy-fartsy tracks that she wanted to.

She will release and make what SHE wants at this point

34 minutes ago, Cappycorn87 said:

Make Me worked very well

Peaked at #17 on the hot 100 

Went #1 quickly on itunes after its release

Seen a huge increase on itunes after her VMA performance

32 minutes ago, Cappycorn87 said:

She will release and make what SHE wants at this point

K.

She could release even Just Luv Me if she wanted to, the worst of the album, I just need her to keep releasing more than two singles per album :crying1:

omg i've been hearing this for as long as i've been interested in pop. tastes come and go. i remember in 2002 when avril and michelle branch were big, people were like 'omg the tides have turned, teens want deeper meanings now and aren't interested in the midriff-baring, sugary pop music of manufactured stars like britney spears.'

11 hours ago, Girl On The Moon said:

Exactly.

Side to Side is ****** and it was a hit.

The public aren't here for pop tarts releasing songs about *** because that's all they have to offer. That's why Britney is not doing good anymore, literally every ******* single she releases is about ***. She needs to go down the Mood Ring route with her music. Melanie whatever your name is get your *** on B10 immediately, we need u :bthink:

No. General public is basic at the best, they gonna eat what labels bombard mediatically them. GP likes the catchy sounds it does not matter if the lyrics repeat more than a thousand times the same sentence, you want a # 1 then pay the payola and you get your songs play every half hour and in streaming playlists, but the labels have priority when have to establishing newbies, at least if the artist do it with their own money.

4 hours ago, Mayenaise said:

That's why Britney is not doing good anymore, literally every ******* single she releases is about ***. She needs to go down the Mood Ring route with her music. :bthink:

"Nothin' on my body but this mood ring."

"When you're making me glow with your fingers against my thighs."

"If you came for a show, which role should I take?"

"You know how to read the touch of my skin."

"I'm in the palm of your hand, my temperature is at your command."

200.gif

Also, did you mean Karen Kwak, who helped Britney pick all 18 of the tracks? :yesplease: 

4 hours ago, Mayenaise said:

The public aren't here for pop tarts releasing songs about *** because that's all they have to offer. That's why Britney is not doing good anymore, literally every ******* single she releases is about ***. She needs to go down the Mood Ring route with her music. Melanie whatever your name is get your *** on B10 immediately, we need u :bthink:

Yes! It is overexposed by her and she needs to grow as an artist, just do songs about something else and showcase your vocals more, i mean Selena does the same thing and her voice isn't the best, doesn't matter in some cases.

5 hours ago, BrittonJeanSpears said:

"Nothin' on my body but this mood ring."

"When you're making me glow with your fingers against my thighs."

"If you came for a show, which role should I take?"

"You know how to read the touch of my skin."

"I'm in the palm of your hand, my temperature is at your command."

200.gif

Also, did you mean Karen Kwak, who helped Britney pick all 18 of the tracks? :yesplease: 

It has one ****** line, sis. 

No I mean the writer of MR. 

Archived