Hi guys, I would like to ask for your help if there's anyone here that can verify this list if it's true...

Best selling female artists of all time... Source: http://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/rihanna-is-not-the-best-selling-black-female-artist_us_57f1957be4b095bd896a12a5?

1. Madonna (400 million)
  2. Celine Dion (300 million)
  3. Mariah Carey (300 million)
  4. Whitney Houston (280 million)
  5. Rihanna (260 million)
  6. Britney Spears (260 million)
  7. Janet (200 million)
  8. Beyonce (190 million Solo/270 million total w/Destiny’s Child)
  9. Lady Gaga (190 million)
  10. Taylor Swift (180 million)
  • Replies 15
  • Created
  • Last Reply
38 minutes ago, Spearsfan said:

I hate how they throw singles and albums together. 

Half these ppl wouldn't be up here. 

Ikr?! Rihanna, Taylor and Gaga benefited more on the latest record counting system. If they had it back in Britney's prime, she would probably outsell Madonna

1 minute ago, ItsShaneBitch said:

Ikr?! Rihanna, Taylor and Gaga benefited more on the latest record counting system. If they had it back in Britney's prime, she would probably outsell Madonna

I can only imagine what it will be I'm 10 years. Just counted on streams? 

Rihanna has 5999999 trillion streams...she is queen of the world. I can only imagine but it's like a nightmare :weirdmeout:

4 minutes ago, Spearsfan said:

I can only imagine what it will be I'm 10 years. Just counted on streams? 

Rihanna has 5999999 trillion streams...she is queen of the world. I can only imagine but it's like a nightmare :weirdmeout:

Yeah cause she collaborated with other artists A LOT. Queen of digital records, yes.

What about Barbra Streisand? And Britney is definitely above Rihanna. All of these new artists that have barely been around for a decade or benefiting from the new rules and counting algorithms and everything it's very inaccurate. Not to mention Britney is a true album artist, artists like Rihanna and such are more focused on selling singles. 

34 minutes ago, MissSpearsSaysSo said:

What about Barbra Streisand? And Britney is definitely above Rihanna. All of these new artists that have barely been around for a decade or benefiting from the new rules and counting algorithms and everything it's very inaccurate. Not to mention Britney is a true album artist, artists like Rihanna and such are more focused on selling singles. 

Yes, not sure about that tho. RIAA's website is really messy. They should do the list for total record sales since they are the ones that implemented that shitty formula of counting. All they have in their website is the physical album sales. Wikipedia is not helping either, I think it was made by a Rihanna fan lmao

30 minutes ago, MissSpearsSaysSo said:

The 'older' popstars were benefiting from album and single sales. Times change and not only Britney is/was popular. 

• 1 year later...

Archived