Remember when they scrapped her CONFIRMED performance @ the 2009 TCAS?

Toxic.Latin

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I don't think they meant a performance from her, although it was after the real performances they highlighted Britney at the end.

It was when she got her TCA Honor and Britney was being honored and leaving her name at the end makes people tune in, since that's the last thing you see in the promo.

3 hours ago, Dollanganger said:

Sis, it clearly says "Performances by BEP, Sean Kingston, Miley and then a huge Britney promo." Clearly it was meant to be a performance before being scrapped.

"Performances from Black Eyed Peas, Sean Kingston, Miley Cyrus aaaaaand......... PAUSE........ it wouldn't be the biggest party of the summer without Britney Spears!"

I remember this commercial like it was yesterday. Britney was just the finale of the commercial because she was getting Ultimate Choice. It had nothing to do with her performing and no press release or anything at the time mentioned Britney performing. Fans just got pumped for zero reason and some had meltdowns. No rational person thought she was performing. This was literally the end of Circus era/summer 2009 when Radar was the single :orangu:

5 hours ago, Pinky98 said:

I still pine for the 2004 VMA's 

IMG_20161030_124829.jpg

why must the knee injury happen :meltdown:

and that was the award show where everybody was rooting for Toxic, even Maroon 5. :crying4:They said they would walk out if Britney's doesn't win, did they?

And that was the beginning of Thiefonce. Like seriously, Naughty Girl video over Toxic?? Vevo doesn't lie

Toxic - 258M

Naughty Girl - 68M

:byebitch:

6 hours ago, Poe Dameron said:

I dont think she was gonna perform...they just announced perfomers aaaaand added that Britney will be in attendance... I think it's just an editing... I remember I was only hoping to see her receiving the award...

this, they make a really big pause between the performers and Britney Spears.

"AND...It wouldn't be the biggest party of the summer without Britney Spears."

It's deceptive phrasing, but they were just confirming her appearance at the show, not a performance. The "and" was not an extension from the list of performing artists, it was introducing the final hype point which is Britney being at the show. 

10 hours ago, Dollanganger said:

Sis, it clearly says "Performances by BEP, Sean Kingston, Miley and then a huge Britney promo." Clearly it was meant to be a performance before being scrapped.

Nope, sorry, PCA did this on porpuse to make you think she was performing, when she actually just was in the audience and was honoured with awards..

8 hours ago, Darna said:

why must the knee injury happen :meltdown:

and that was the award show where everybody was rooting for Toxic, even Maroon 5. :crying4:They said they would walk out if Britney's doesn't win, did they?

And that was the beginning of Thiefonce. Like seriously, Naughty Girl video over Toxic?? Vevo doesn't lie

Toxic - 258M

Naughty Girl - 68M

:byebitch:

That injury was tragic, I will never deal with it! :meltdown: She was at her peak, VMA's 2004 was sheduled(which caused her not winning any award for Toxic, despite the video being not only the best of 2004, but the best of the decade), Outrageouse MV was scrapped(the song would've been a hit if the video was finished), TOHT was closed and etc. :tiffanycries: 

Archived