Reactions to Everytime when it was released

• Replies 19
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I remember i missed the premiere on mtv but i wasn't very excited because i was waiting for breathe on me to be released as single 3. iher album promoted BOM as one of her big songs so i was expeting jive could release it after toxic. they would SLAYEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEED THE WORLD T-T

s-l1600.jpg

and well, i wasn't a big fan of everytime because the media tried to make a deal on britney with justin and the breakup, i always hated justin so i didn't liked the video that much. 

but she looked like an angel. it was cute but sad at the same time.

i was like 15 years old when itz came out so, but toxic man was sooooooooooooooooooooooo big. omg on my country was #1 i all radio charts and matm did great too!

i like everytime but is not on my fave list. i like more pop music and dancing songs.

1 hour ago, britneysslumberparty said:

Im curious to know all of your reactions to when Everytime was released. She never had a video has spirtitual and deep as that one before it and tbh still hasnt. :unbelievableney:

I actually heard that song the day after it was premiered live on SNL :)
I was so excited! I downloaded it and remember being literally slayed by the melody, the lyrics and her vocals (which weren't perfect but so ******* intense!)  :)
When the cd version came out weeks later I wasn't so impressed though, I didn't like the "softness" of her vocals and the "empty" production compared to the "roughness" of the live version. Still is one of her greatest song ever! Songwriterney at her best :)

I remember hearing it for the first time and loving it so much. I went online to look for the lyrics and saw comments from non-fans saying how much they loved her voice and never expected it was Britney. I still remember a comment from a user on the site saying that she heard the song in the background while she was on the phone with someone. She asked who was singing and was surprised it was Britney. Also, I found out many metal rock fans who loved the song lol. So many unexpected fans for such a beautiful ballad tbh. :giggleney:

'Everytime' is a gem. I hope she makes another one in the future. :mcry:

At the time I had my first mp3 player, I used to listen to Everytime in class and fall asleep.

Everyone was like, what are you listening to? And I said Everytime by Britney, and everyone was laughing, but wanted to hear it - they were slayed.

One guy took my mp3 player, played it on repeat and slept throughout entire class in school.

Slay me 2004ney :crying11:

I wasn't big on it at first my fave ballad is forever "FTBOMH". But when I got older I learned to appreciate it more and I truly love especially because it came from the heart. However I was more into Shadow as the ballad on ITZ. I think Shadow's meaning was more haunting because its about someone leaving but there their in spirit haunting you.

Well, ya'll are gonna bash me for this one as well, but you only ask for the worst videos, when will you ask about the reaction when the great videos came out? lol

Well, I was 10 years old when that came out, almost 11, I just thought it was very, ugly, I mean, the song was so beautiful and magical, and the video with all those paparazzi, and Britney fighting with the guy, and her clothes were just so not pretty, and then she drowned on the bathtub, it was just kind of weird, especially coming from something like Toxic. Sadly the part of the paparazzi would become reality in the next years, but at the time I don't think it was that exaggerated because it was just getting started, so it didn't make a lot of sense to me. And even if it was a reflection of reality, just like in POM case, that is something I don't like to watch on her music videos. The difference is that at least she looks great on Everytime, and that's the only thing that saves it.

I think that video would've made more sense for a darker song. But Everytime needed something like the video she would later do for Someday, something beautiful and artistic.

She premiered Everytime on SNL so I had to watch it on Sunday morning on my PC. i remember downloading file for ages but after that it was just MAGICAL! 

Her emotions and live singing was everything... I've cried... 

I honestly remeber that morning so well... 

The song... she first played a snippet of it on MTV when she debuted snippets of Everytime, TOMH and Brave New Girl. It was short but I thought it was beautiful and was really excited to hear it. Then she debuted it live on SNL and again I thought it was really pretty and had deep/meaningful lyrics. Her artistry was at an all-time high with ITZ + she was singing live which was great.

When the video came out, I loved it but there were some confusing things in it. Like the video itself didnt explain why she was bleeding in the tub...

11 hours ago, britneysslumberparty said:

Im curious to know all of your reactions to when Everytime was released. She never had a video has spirtitual and deep as that one before it and tbh still hasnt. :unbelievableney:

Being around 18 or 19 at the time, (the age where mostly everyone is  real snobby and too cool about their musical choices) Everytime really transformed Britney in the minds of older teenagers/young adults of that time period. It was a final shift from being viewed as a pre-manufactured, glossy pop star to a grown up legitimate artist. 

Toxic really kick-started that movement, and Gimme More, and all the sounds of her post breakdown singles made Britney  cool with twenty somethings (up until WB), but it was Everytime (with some residual help from Toxic) where I remember everyone (meaning GP, non-stans, and long time Britney haters) really letting go of the tired "hate-Britney-just-to-hate-her" crap and start looking at her with the credibility that older teens and young adults of today look at Beyonce with now. 

The benefit of being one of the older exhalers is that I have so many awesome memories of what it was culture wise during her prime even though I didnt become a stan til Blackout

8 hours ago, ifuseekari said:

I remember hearing it for the first time and loving it so much. I went online to look for the lyrics and saw comments from non-fans saying how much they loved her voice and never expected it was Britney. I still remember a comment from a user on the site saying that she heard the song in the background while she was on the phone with someone. She asked who was singing and was surprised it was Britney. Also, I found out many metal rock fans who loved the song lol. So many unexpected fans for such a beautiful ballad tbh. :giggleney:

'Everytime' is a gem. I hope she makes another one in the future. :mcry:

Yes! It really changed perception of her and gave her more credibility with ling time haters

5 hours ago, Kyra said:

At the time I had my first mp3 player, I used to listen to Everytime in class and fall asleep.

Everyone was like, what are you listening to? And I said Everytime by Britney, and everyone was laughing, but wanted to hear it - they were slayed.

One guy took my mp3 player, played it on repeat and slept throughout entire class in school.

Slay me 2004ney :crying11:

ITZ era was the GP's "Britneys a true artist" period of her career. Between the live vocals, peak dancing, and innovative sounds its her most " image" successful era

Archived