I dont understand

Black_Out

I don't think the performance was that bad although it's not as good as some of Britney's past VMA performances. Still better than the 2007 performance though.

That commercial was everything though :crying2: the music in the background was so good, it got us all so hyped.

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply
9 minutes ago, Darna said:

Me and my Beyhive friend streamed the VMAs in the office. I was full of pressure (and rage) after Beyonce slayed performed.  :meltdown:

After Britney performed I went out of the office and did not speak to him for two hours. :byebitch: I was so mad at everyone.

Resulta ng larawan para sa tiffany pollard fight gif

:dead:

2 minutes ago, WhenWillYourFaves777 said:

*it was not good for the standards set up with the ******* commercial. With that out of the picture, the performance was pretty good tbh

for both things*

7 minutes ago, Isla. said:

I don't think the performance was that bad although it's not as good as some of Britney's past VMA performances. Still better than the 2007 performance though.

That commercial was everything though :crying2: the music in the background was so good, it got us all so hyped.

But Gimme More performance is an iconic performance IMO. Matter of fact, I can watch it more than Make Me performance.

Resulta ng larawan para sa gimme more vma gif >>>>>>>>>> Resulta ng larawan para sa britney 2016 vma crotch grab

One of the biggest disappointments of Britneys career  for me were MM MV and VMAs 2016. I was literally in shock after I watch MM MV and after a shock I was so pissed of. And when time came for VMAs performance, I was so excited and nervous and then I felt so numb after I watch it. Such a horrible feeling as a fan who is supporting her since 1998.

I didn't feel such a disappointment even when VMAs 2007 drama happened. I was scared what's happening to her back then, but to witness such  unwillingness and lack of artistic growth that she gave us at the begging of Glory era was devastating for her career and this fan base.

1 hour ago, It'sSamB!tch said:

I first thought she was about to sing live, she never done that before :pieceofwhat:

Afbeeldingsresultaat voor britney spears awkward gif

JK, they really did overhype it ORRRR they changed the performance last minute (like they did with the premiere, the video,...) sounds possible lmao

:D

1 hour ago, Black_Out said:

Iconic ******* commercial. I think the commercial had a bigger budget than the performance tbh!

"hey Larry, what's our budget for the performance?"

130914-amityfest3.jpg

"hey Britney, how are you gonna kill it on this comeback VMA performance?"

2013-09-24-gif2.gif

28 minutes ago, Darna said:

But Gimme More performance is an iconic performance IMO. Matter of fact, I can watch it more than Make Me performance.

Resulta ng larawan para sa gimme more vma gif >>>>>>>>>> Resulta ng larawan para sa britney 2016 vma crotch grab

I don't think the 2007 performance was that bad actually. It is iconic, but for all the wrong reasons unfortunately. I still think last year's performance was better though. 

18 minutes ago, Applejack said:

It was good and fine, but yeah not Iconic and it made me realize her label is only using her to push other artists and that's sad. Me, Myself and I was so unnecessary. 

The worst part about it, is that Me Myself & I wasn't even new! If you are going to mix another song into your VMA performance Brit, it better be MJ, Janet, or Madge. 

55 minutes ago, Million Billion said:

1. The song (make me) wasn't the right option to be performed at such big awards with super high expectations given she doesn't sing live and her strength is to put in a great show with stage effects, wardrobe, choreography, dancing, etc. 

2. It is very very hard to do something iconic these days when we have seen almost everything and events in music go way faster than before. Social media changed everything, things used to have more longevity than now. 

I agree with point 1. Make shouldve been even the lead. Still hate it.

And i'm sure she could still shock us, it's hard but i think she doeant want to or maybe the vmas didnt let her do anything that crazy cause beyonce was performing and jay z somehow owns part of it or part of a company that works directly with the vmas... and that explains a lot...

1 hour ago, Million Billion said:

1. The song (make me) wasn't the right option to be performed at such big awards with super high expectations given she doesn't sing live and her strength is to put in a great show with stage effects, wardrobe, choreography, dancing, etc. 

Make Me isn't a good single choice for someone who doesn't sing live at all and is known for her dancing instead, so if you pick a slow song and you're not going to sing live and instead you choose to do an awkward choreo of course it's going to look bad :staysalty:

3 hours ago, Play Time Is Over said:

That performance was sooo plain it was a shame... even the GP was hyped for it (for the first time they gave a crap about Britney in almost a decade). She shouldn't have performed there and saved the performance for a future ICONIC one. So the she hasnt performed since 2007 thing would still be huge, since that and the fact that all britneys performances there had a huge impact got everyone crazy. Even the 1999 one was more impactful. And dont u say that it helped Make Me going #2 in itunes, it was the carpool karaoke (which was also a mess, could've been wayyy better). Her team didnt take it serious enough, they took her to those places and allowed her to have such a crappy performance and didnt even properly explain to her what CK was. YALL the glory era was her chanceee, the hive, the monsters, the katycats were all SHOOK and SCARED. Everyone thought she was gonna smash. She shouldn've done the promo if it was for that. Now we cant even say that she flopped cause of no promo. She flopped cause of bad promo but people forget about that...

The other fanbases were NOT "shook and scared" lmao do you really think Beyoncé fans were worried?! I agree with the rest of your statement tho :queenriri:

Also: This video is extremely triggering for me plz someone delete this thread 

Archived