Eurovisioney

DJSLAYZEE

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply
53 minutes ago, Daxx said:

The rules say so. It must be a song that wasn't release before November if I'm not wrong, but they let Jamala participate because the song was partly in English during the contest, and that's why there was controversy on her win. Because she didn't respect the rules by entering with a song that had been released.

For this year, and I guess same applies to previous years, the song shouldn't have been comercially released before september 1st, which Jamala broke since there was a video of her performing the song at a concert way before. But I guess it wasn't in partially english, just full ukranian, which I guess somehow avoided the rules. Which is quite bullshit, since Eurovision is quite crap for last couple of years, it seems like it's ruled by political figures and politics keep winning. I am not talking about geonational voting, which is completely fine to me, since in last decades, proper songs won with or without that neighborhood voting, it's just that it seems like some countries are punished for not being a part of something that has more power. Like 1944 is obviously political and it slide through the rules and it won. Russia banned this year, can't get any more political than that. Turkey not participating anymore, Armenia and Azerbaijan avoiding each other like death. This contest is really turning into ****, last good year was 2009 and that's when it ended being good. Now it's about people getting their careers high and it's not even about representing your country in the best way or just having fun (like Moldova did this year).

Portugal just won :otears:

i'm just so proud of my country... i can't even. Salvador Sobral is so beautiful and such a talented guy... he is a real artist, that fights for real music, without fakes, fireworks and stuff like that. only music, meaningful music.

i'm hoping for a change now!

21 minutes ago, Maryy said:

Portugal just won :otears:

i'm just so proud of my country... i can't even. Salvador Sobral is so beautiful and such a talented guy... he is a real artist, that fights for real music, without fakes, fireworks and stuff like that. only music, meaningful music.

i'm hoping for a change now!

Don't hope baby.. the situation is getting worse.. Eurovision changed the vote, now they are presenting the jury vote and it's horrible because Eurovision is about the GP not about the Jury.. Eurovision was a huge and beautiful show.. now it's all about politics 

Guest Diamond Horse

I just saw that my country Estonia was 6th in the semi televoting. That's somewhat consolidating. But jury ruined its chances. I don't like having a jury anyway.

1 minute ago, Denise said:

Don't hope baby.. the situation is getting worse.. Eurovision changed the vote, now they are presenting the judge vote and it's horrible because Eurovision is about the GP not about the Judge .. Eurovision was a huge and beautiful show.. now it's all about politics 

Sis, Eurovision has been about the politics for the last 20 years. Wake up and smell the cheese  :trash:

3 minutes ago, Godney's Sweet *** said:

Sis, Eurovision has been about the politics for the last 20 years. Wake up and smell the cheese  :trash:

Don't say that.. I hate politics :otears:

5 minutes ago, Godney's Sweet *** said:

Sorry but Portugal was awful and shouldn't have made the Top 10 never mind #1. 

UK (my country) did well with the critics but badly with the GP (Glory-teas :gloria: )  

My faves were Moldova, Romania, Sweden, Norway and Australia. 

I'm so glad that you liked the song of  my country.. yodeeeeel ittttttt :hype:

Did you add "-ney" to Eurovision just to make an Eurovision thread Britney related?

No shade intended, but I find this highly amusing. I love this place sometimes. :rihclap:

Yeah, GP loved Portugal y'all. Just see all over Twitter. And Spain is happy they got 0 votes. Just for one night we remembered Portugual exists, ******* epic. :omgreallyney:

Guest Diamond Horse
17 minutes ago, Dynasty said:

Jury are destroying the competition, Serbia and Macedonia had one of the best songs this year that went really well with GP but jury ruined their chances. Done with that mess of a show tbh, didnt even bother watching this year :staysalty:

Actually, https://eurovision.tv/story/exclusive-results-semi-finals-2017

Serbia actually "qualified" according to the jury, but they were 11th in televote, so it was quite a borderline result

And Macedonia was too low in both columns.

But jury ruined the chances of some other countries, for instance my country Estonia :staysalty: 

And raised Austria and Denmark from the dust, loool

But yeah, for me too, the jury makes it much less real... Like - who are these privileged people deciding.... bs

Guest Diamond Horse
Just now, Daxx said:

We actually got mad when they gave us 5 points :gloria:

Manel had an awful singing fail. Otherwise, it was almost tolerable.

2 hours ago, Tittywitty said:

Portugal is winning so hard :moorangu:

Personally i think the song is SO BORING, but good for them. I feel so bad for Spain and Germany. 0 points :meltdown:

And dear lord, the hosts are so annoying!

U have Nina Williams as your avatar :carpoolney:

I main both sisters in Tekken, plus a bunch of other characters :gloss:

Good to find a Tekken fan here :ahhh:

15 minutes ago, WeddingNight said:

Manel had an awful singing fail. Otherwise, it was almost tolerable.

Everything about our entry was awful. I can say almost no one here liked our song. They say his election was rigged so... :yeahsure:

Guest Diamond Horse
Just now, Daxx said:

Everything about our entry was awful. I can say almost no one here liked our song. They say his election was rigged so... :yeahsure:

I liked the Spanish verses. But the "Do it for your lover" bit is kinda bad transition from the verse, yeah :D

Just now, WeddingNight said:

I liked the Spanish verses. But the "Do it for your lover" bit is kinda bad transition from the verse, yeah :D

I mean, I don't mind the song, but it doesn't belong in Eurovision. It's that kind of song that you play in the summer at the beach, it doesn't have that "Eurovision level".

Guest Diamond Horse
Just now, Daxx said:

I mean, I don't mind the song, but it doesn't belong in Eurovision. It's that kind of song that you play in the summer at the beach, it doesn't have that "Eurovision level".

I actually liked his voice, but his vocal mistake was so unforgivable for me :D 

Archived