I need receipts for Blackout

ShowdownITZ

21 minutes ago, BOBIBCFBG said:

She started recording music for a 5th album in 2004. The music was more raw at first. 

We don't have any indication of music from 2004 other than Mona Lisa and Someday. Everything else was done prior for In the Zone. She took time off during 2005 and picked back up in early 2006 and Blackout's sessions began with JR Rotem. Whatever was done from 2004 was scrapped.

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, BoyToySoldier said:

We don't have any indication of music from 2004 other than Mona Lisa and Someday. Everything else was done prior for In the Zone. She took time off during 2005 and picked back up in early 2006 and Blackout's sessions began with JR Rotem. Whatever was done from 2004 was scrapped.

She actually wrote Someday in 2005 2 weeks before she found out she was pregnant. It's pretty obvious from the initial recordings for a 5th album that it started out more raw. Even her work with JR was more raw. It really wasn't until she started working with other producers later on that she got these huge club bangers that ended up forming Blackout.

2 minutes ago, BOBIBCFBG said:

She actually wrote Someday in 2005 2 weeks before she found out she was pregnant. It's pretty obvious from the initial recordings for a 5th album that it started out more raw. Even her work with JR was more raw. It really wasn't until she started working with other producers later on that she got these huge club bangers that ended up forming Blackout.

The music was varied. She was going in a lot of different directions. She called up JR because she loved what he did on Rihanna's SOS. That song isn't an example of raw music lol. Everybody isn't raw, nor is Just Let Me Go. Who Can She Trust was described as snap hip-hop. The only real example of raw from the initial sessions is All That She Wants and possibly Crucify Me because of the electric guitars that are also present in ATSW.

Blackout was a chameleon of a record at every stage.

1 minute ago, BoyToySoldier said:

The music was varied. She was going in a lot of different directions. She called up JR because she loved what he did on Rihanna's SOS. That song isn't an example of raw music lol. Everybody isn't raw, nor is Just Let Me Go. Who Can She Trust was described as snap hip-hop. The only real example of raw from the initial sessions is All That She Wants and possibly Crucify Me because of the electric guitars that are also present in ATSW.

Blackout was a chameleon of a record at every stage.

What I said still stands.

9 hours ago, Alexanda said:

? I never found any clips before, Freakshow & Toy Soldier were basically the only songs that didn't leak at that time. Well at least for me.

Piece of me in LQ, but someone was talking in it, so annoying.

Freakshow and Toy Solider both had official clips posted on sites like amazon.com. That is what Ashley Breathe based her recordings on. The instrumental for Freakshow  leaked before anyone even knew it was Freakshow.

The low quality POM leak is real.

18 hours ago, BOBIBCFBG said:

and how do you know this?

I've been stanning since ITZ, and I've been lurking Exhale since pre-Blackout. This was kind of just common knowledge on the boards at the time?

Remember- Britney had no actual management when she recorded and released Blackout. She fired Larry, and Sam was her "acting manager" - basically all he did was leech off of her, and leak information and songs to the press and to the papz. Britney was the sole driving force behind Blackout actually happening.

Proof:

Theresa: "This is Britney's fifth studio record, and it shows a lot of growth as a performer," said the singer's A&R rep, Teresa LaBarbera Whites. "She was very involved in the songs and how they turned out. It's her magic that turns these songs into what they are."

Hilson, T-Pain, Pharrell: 

"I thought she was going to be sitting on the couch eating Doritos or nachos or something," he said, "but she came in, shook my hand, gave me a hug and went right in the booth. She got in there and put it down" (see "T-Pain Talks About Recording With Britney Spears: 'She Was About Her Business' "). 

Likewise, Hilson said she was amazed at Spears' work ethic — considering she was very pregnant when they did "Break the Ice" and "Perfect Lover," which is just about what it sounds like. "It's just, 'I would be the perfect lover for you,' " Hilson explained.

"When we were arranging the vocals in the studio at her house," she added, "she was about eight months pregnant, and she was standing up in the vocal booth, just banging it out. Three weeks later, she had the baby."

Despite everything going on in her life during the making of Blackout,all of Britney's co-workers said she put the music first. That was a huge accomplishment in itself, said Pharrell Williams, who produced her closing track, "Why Should I Be Sad."

The whole article is here

But basically, just google a lot of articles giving press on Blackout's release and they all mimic the same sentiment. There's another article where Theresa basically just says that Britney made Blackout happen, and Theresa was just brought in to choose a tracklist of the best recordings. Blackout was truly Britney's album - it was like ITZ where she made the music she wanted to make and/or hear (rather than the rec companies giving the album direction). 

2 hours ago, Streets said:

I've been stanning since ITZ, and I've been lurking Exhale since pre-Blackout. This was kind of just common knowledge on the boards at the time?

Remember- Britney had no actual management when she recorded and released Blackout. She fired Larry, and Sam was her "acting manager" - basically all he did was leech off of her, and leak information and songs to the press and to the papz. Britney was the sole driving force behind Blackout actually happening.

Proof:

Theresa: "This is Britney's fifth studio record, and it shows a lot of growth as a performer," said the singer's A&R rep, Teresa LaBarbera Whites. "She was very involved in the songs and how they turned out. It's her magic that turns these songs into what they are."

Hilson, T-Pain, Pharrell: 

"I thought she was going to be sitting on the couch eating Doritos or nachos or something," he said, "but she came in, shook my hand, gave me a hug and went right in the booth. She got in there and put it down" (see "T-Pain Talks About Recording With Britney Spears: 'She Was About Her Business' "). 

Likewise, Hilson said she was amazed at Spears' work ethic — considering she was very pregnant when they did "Break the Ice" and "Perfect Lover," which is just about what it sounds like. "It's just, 'I would be the perfect lover for you,' " Hilson explained.

"When we were arranging the vocals in the studio at her house," she added, "she was about eight months pregnant, and she was standing up in the vocal booth, just banging it out. Three weeks later, she had the baby."

Despite everything going on in her life during the making of Blackout,all of Britney's co-workers said she put the music first. That was a huge accomplishment in itself, said Pharrell Williams, who produced her closing track, "Why Should I Be Sad."

The whole article is here

But basically, just google a lot of articles giving press on Blackout's release and they all mimic the same sentiment. There's another article where Theresa basically just says that Britney made Blackout happen, and Theresa was just brought in to choose a tracklist of the best recordings. Blackout was truly Britney's album - it was like ITZ where she made the music she wanted to make and/or hear (rather than the rec companies giving the album direction). 

Right... we all know that everyone talks about how professional she is in the studio, even during her darker days. And I'm sure she helped pick which songs she should record - most artists do. But I've never seen anything about Britney funding it or really making it happen on her own.

1 hour ago, BOBIBCFBG said:

Right... we all know that everyone talks about how professional she is in the studio, even during her darker days. And I'm sure she helped pick which songs she should record - most artists do. But I've never seen anything about Britney funding it or really making it happen on her own.

What's with the attitude :orangu: I literally just gave you proof she was in control of the product..

"She was very involved with the songs and how they turned out." ; Britney was inconsistently listed as executive producer of Blackout ; She had no management at the time ; Theresa as an A&R was only brought in to finalize a tracklist...

...What about this makes it so hard to believe Britney was in control of Blackout? Also, we know her life was so chaotic at the time, and her image had seen a drastic overhaul. I'm not making this **** up - the rumor that Britney was funding a lot of Blackout herself was circulating at the time. Especially considering the Gimme More video.. Do you really think that's how Jive wanted the video to be?

1 hour ago, Streets said:

What's with the attitude :orangu: I literally just gave you proof she was in control of the product..

"She was very involved with the songs and how they turned out." ; Britney was inconsistently listed as executive producer of Blackout ; She had no management at the time ; Theresa as an A&R was only brought in to finalize a tracklist...

...What about this makes it so hard to believe Britney was in control of Blackout? Also, we know her life was so chaotic at the time, and her image had seen a drastic overhaul. I'm not making this **** up - the rumor that Britney was funding a lot of Blackout herself was circulating at the time. Especially considering the Gimme More video.. Do you really think that's how Jive wanted the video to be?

I'm sure she was involved I mean - I want to believe she's involved in every album to an extent (people to work with, choosing songs to record, choosing songs to go on the album, choosing singles, ect). But I don't remember hearing that she was the driving force or actually funding anything. There are a million rumors about her and her career but I don't believe things unless I see or hear direct quotes from reputable sources. I've been stanning since BOMT so I've also been up to speed with her career. The quotes that you cited were more about her work ethic when it came to actually recording her vocals vs. executive producing an album.

PS. There was no attitude, just writing out what I had to say about the topic.

People are strung up on the fact that Britney doesn't have much writing credits on Blackout. Listen to the original demo versions of Toy Soldier & Break the Ice... she made the songs her own. 

"Don't be scurrred" :pieceofwhat:

She made those songs her own. TBH she wrote more than Beyonce ever could :mj:

42 minutes ago, BreatheMe92 said:

People are strung up on the fact that Britney doesn't have much writing credits on Blackout. Listen to the original demo versions of Toy Soldier & Break the Ice... she made the songs her own. 

"Don't be scurrred" :pieceofwhat:

She made those songs her own. TBH she wrote more than Beyonce ever could :mj:

How do you know she was the one that changed those songs?

Archived