I need receipts for Blackout

ShowdownITZ

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply
10 hours ago, BoyToySoldier said:

To Love Let Go and Baby Boy did not sonically fit the album at all, it's reasonable why they're left off. And Rebellion is too dark of a song and was left off for that reason. They stated they didn't want to clutter the album with a lot of songs about Britney's deep feelings because they wanted to divert attention away from the breakdown. Blackout was just a huge middle finger to everyone.

Kiss Me All Over was a little too urban for the other eurodance styled songs. Maybe if Sean had mixed it in a more electro style.

911 could have fit as a bonus track, I would have loved to hear a final mix with complete production. Everybody is the only JR song on the album.

PULL OUT???  SUGARFALL???

:crying11::gloria::crying1::crying4:

7 hours ago, idkidk25 said:

PULL OUT???  SUGARFALL???

:crying11::gloria::crying1::crying4:

Pull Out was such a wasted opportunity. That gets the hoe in me going. :moorangu:

Hooked On was a little too wordy, maybe for a B-Side?

I think Blackout didn't reach it's full potential. Only 15 tracks, they could have added more (Circus has 19 in total) across different editions. State of Grace was robbed.

7 hours ago, troubleguy said:

get back is sooo blackout, wonder why it didnt get in the final list or bonus tracks :meltdown:

It is a bonus track lol.

2 hours ago, Alexanda said:

It is on the japanese cd ;)

Just use Apple Music it is included.

It's on iTunes on the Bonus Track Edition.

14 hours ago, nonoiseplz said:

Those aren't demos. Thats just Ashley Breathe's version of the songs based on the clips that were available before the full versions leaked..... and they were horrible.   :staysalty:

? I never found any clips before, Freakshow & Toy Soldier were basically the only songs that didn't leak at that time. Well at least for me.

Piece of me in LQ, but someone was talking in it, so annoying.

Britney had full and total control of all recordings done for Blackout. Allegedly she even funded a lot of Blackout with her own money. When it came time to finalize the project for release, Jive had Theresa LeBarbara Whites come in and choose the tracklist from the demos, thus why she got "executive producer" title.

its clearly stated on the back of the album that britney is the executive producer. so no, teresa or whoever youre referencing did not handle that role. also, lets not get caught up in writing credits because as weve seen now plenty of times, and have been told by countless writers and producers, britney almost always helps write/arrange songs and doesnt ask for any sort of credit (unlike other stars who like to steal it, ahem beyonce ahem but i digress).

I think she was very involved at first and the album had a different feel - more raw with songs like Let Go and Baby Boy and all. But then she started getting these club banger songs that she didn't write (which is okay) like GM and BTI and the album shifted.

But yes I've heard that she wasn't the real EP on the album. 

3 hours ago, asitalian12587 said:

its clearly stated on the back of the album that britney is the executive producer. so no, teresa or whoever youre referencing did not handle that role. also, lets not get caught up in writing credits because as weve seen now plenty of times, and have been told by countless writers and producers, britney almost always helps write/arrange songs and doesnt ask for any sort of credit (unlike other stars who like to steal it, ahem beyonce ahem but i digress).

I really don't think that's true - I wouldn't say all the time I think we've heard it a few times. 

14 hours ago, troubleguy said:

get back is sooo blackout, wonder why it didnt get in the final list or bonus tracks :meltdown:

except it was an iTunes and Japan bonus track...

1 minute ago, BOBIBCFBG said:

I think she was very involved at first and the album had a different feel - more raw with songs like Let Go and Baby Boy and all. But then she started getting these club banger songs that she didn't write (which is okay) like GM and BTI and the album shifted.

But yes I've heard that she wasn't the real EP on the album. 

Not that at all. She was recording a lot of varied tracks throughout. The first sessions in early 2006 with JR were the darkest and mainly revolved around her frustrations with the media (Rebellion, Crucify Me, Who Can She Trust). Then she met Danja around mid 2006 and she was also recording with Sean Garrett and other hip hop producers.

Baby Boy and To Love Let Go didn't come around until very late 2006 when she filed for divorce from K-Fed and started to hang around with Isaac Cohen.

48 minutes ago, BoyToySoldier said:

Not that at all. She was recording a lot of varied tracks throughout. The first sessions in early 2006 with JR were the darkest and mainly revolved around her frustrations with the media (Rebellion, Crucify Me, Who Can She Trust). Then she met Danja around mid 2006 and she was also recording with Sean Garrett and other hip hop producers.

Baby Boy and To Love Let Go didn't come around until very late 2006 when she filed for divorce from K-Fed and started to hang around with Isaac Cohen.

She started recording music for a 5th album in 2004. The music was more raw at first. 

5 hours ago, Streets said:

Britney had full and total control of all recordings done for Blackout. Allegedly she even funded a lot of Blackout with her own money. When it came time to finalize the project for release, Jive had Theresa LeBarbara Whites come in and choose the tracklist from the demos, thus why she got "executive producer" title.

Not trying to sound stupid but what do you mean she had full control of the tracks? Like she picked them?

15 minutes ago, Britneyfan1334 said:

Not trying to sound stupid but what do you mean she had full control of the tracks? Like she picked them?

Britney chose which demos she would record, who she would work with, paid for studio time, etc. It wasn't like Glory, Circus, or Femme Fatale where Karen / Theresa / Luke+Max chose the demos for her and she basically just showed up and recorded them after she approved.

3 minutes ago, Streets said:

Britney chose which demos she would record, who she would work with, paid for studio time, etc. It wasn't like Glory, Circus, or Femme Fatale where Karen / Theresa / Luke+Max chose the demos for her and she basically just showed up and recorded them after she approved.

and how do you know this?

Archived