The "I never actually watched Britney on X-Factor" Thread...

GypsyWoman

4 hours ago, Mood ringx said:

It was awful tbh, one of her worst career moves. The "i feel uncomfortable with you even staring at me" thing was weird to me because it's so not like her to say something that mean.... i feel like they told her what to say and it wasn't genuine. The worst is when that article came out about how they hunted down Don Philip just so they could embarrass him on the show. You could tell that situation upset her.  

4 hours ago, Jenamariee said:

I watched the whole season, I think on some episodes she had an ear piece in and someone in the back was telling her what to say. I know that sounds horrible, but there were times on the show her responses sounded sooo scriptney, you can tell it wasn't from her . Just not her personality at all. Which is sad because why couldn't she come up with her own opinion? :ponderney:

Nah, I don't see it like that, I've said this before. I think she was trying to be the classic mean judge at the beginning, like she was playing a role, and she really liked it. I noticed the shift in her personality when Simon and her did the promo tour on several tv shows, and when she finally saw how they were portraying her as the judge that was even meaner than Simon himself, I think that's when she started to feel uncomfortable with that, and stopped being funny. So when they started to shoot the other parts of the auditions and the live shows, she shied away from even giving a proper opinion, but I'll always blame Simon. He just killed all the fun before the show started. If Britney didn't know they were using her clips to promote the show, she would've continued being like that throughout the whole season.

Yes, it might not be her real personality, but she was clearly playing a role, she was trying to be cool. But instead we only got awkwardney at the end, which I still loved :giggleney:

And about that specific incident of the " i feel uncomfortable with you even staring at me " it didn't just come up out of nowhere, she was actually defending Demi Lovato. When it was about herself she would keep quiet, like when that guy destroyed Circus. But when it was about defending Demi or Beatrice or something, that's the only times she actually said something "braver".

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Archived