• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Nick Jonas
1 minute ago, ElijahWood said:

Not a single, I know, but still something new! Lol

What is ATWK though? :squintney: #flopfan

2 hours ago, nels64 said:

If you notice there have only been a few years where Britney has released NO singles in the US since she began:

1998: BOMT
1999: Sometimes, Crazy, FTBOMBH
2000: OIDIA, Lucky, Stronger
2001: DLMBTLTK, What's Going On, Slave, Overprotected
2002: INAGNYAW, Overprotected (Darkchild Remix), Boys
2003: MATM
2004: Toxic, Everytime, Outrageous, My Prerogative
2005: Do Somethin', Someday
2006: NO SINGLES RELEASED 
2007: GM, POM
2008: BTI, Womanizer, Circus
2009: IUSA, Radar, 3
2010: NO SINGLES RELEASED
2011: HIAM, S&M, TTWE, IWG, Criminal
2012: S&S
2013: Ooh La La, Work *****, Perfume
2014: NO SINGLES RELEASED
2015: PG, Tom's Diner
2016: Hands, MM, SP
2017: ?????

So after analyzing this she takes a break from releasing anything every 4 years since 2006. BUT I predict since at the end of 2018 is the 20 year anniversary, we might actually get a break from singles this year. Either that or we won't see any releases in 2018 and 2019 will be the big 20 year anniversary year. We'll have to wait and see as always.

But what I'm trying to say is...out of her 18.5 year career...only 3 of those years saw NO musical releases at all. And even during those years she was doing something that entertained us. In 2010 she did Glee, and in 2014 she was doing Vegas and her whole lingerie thing. So really the only year Britney has really had a break for the whole year was probably 2006 and even then, she was probably recording during that time and she released that terrible song with Kevin too. 

So point of the story is...we will definitely get something this year we always get SOMETHING.

Even then, the world has heard new music from her in her off years. 2006, Crazy was released and Get It, Little Me, Luv the Hurt Away and Rebellion were leaked. 2010, we got the Glee covers and then the leaks of Telephone, Am I A Sinner, Mad Love and When I Say So. 2014 gave us the leaks for original Burning Up cover,  Unbroken and Welcome To Me. And 2017 has given us the leaked Instant Deja Vu so far.

Yeah the world at large hasn't gotten music from her the odd year here and there, but us fans have gotten music from her every single year of her career. At least one solid song we can all enjoy a year, too. ALSO, HOW DARE YOU SHADE GODZY? HER VOCALS WERE FLAWLESS AND SO WAS THAT BEAT. Kevin was the only thing wrong with that song. Deal.

Honestly, Britney deserves to make whatever the **** she wants. I want her to get ITZ and get really habds on again, Glory was a good start. She's at a point in her career where if she puts out music it has to be good especially after her last couple albums weren't exactly what she wanted. Glory was a great start

spread your wings more, try new things. Nobody expected toxic from you and look how that turned out. You never know

On 5/13/2017 at 6:06 PM, nels64 said:

If you notice there have only been a few years where Britney has released NO singles in the US since she began:

1998: BOMT
1999: Sometimes, Crazy, FTBOMBH
2000: OIDIA, Lucky, Stronger
2001: DLMBTLTK, What's Going On, Slave, Overprotected
2002: INAGNYAW, Overprotected (Darkchild Remix), Boys
2003: MATM
2004: Toxic, Everytime, Outrageous, My Prerogative
2005: Do Somethin', Someday
2006: NO SINGLES RELEASED 
2007: GM, POM
2008: BTI, Womanizer, Circus
2009: IUSA, Radar, 3
2010: NO SINGLES RELEASED
2011: HIAM, S&M, TTWE, IWG, Criminal
2012: S&S
2013: Ooh La La, Work *****, Perfume
2014: NO SINGLES RELEASED
2015: PG, Tom's Diner
2016: Hands, MM, SP
2017: ?????

So after analyzing this she takes a break from releasing anything every 4 years since 2006. BUT I predict since at the end of 2018 is the 20 year anniversary, we might actually get a break from singles this year. Either that or we won't see any releases in 2018 and 2019 will be the big 20 year anniversary year. We'll have to wait and see as always.

But what I'm trying to say is...out of her 18.5 year career...only 3 of those years saw NO musical releases at all. And even during those years she was doing something that entertained us. In 2010 she did Glee, and in 2014 she was doing Vegas and her whole lingerie thing. So really the only year Britney has really had a break for the whole year was probably 2006 and even then, she was probably recording during that time and she released that terrible song with Kevin too. 

So point of the story is...we will definitely get something this year we always get SOMETHING.

INAGNYAW was released in 2001 in the US , i think the video was even filmed before Slave. You forgot to add BTMYH for 1999 as well as ILR&R, Anticipating, and That's Where You Take Me for 2002 :) 

still crazy how there are barely any years with no singles

On 5/11/2017 at 7:14 AM, Nick Jonas said:

Yes we need a new single. The general public don't know she's released anything since Hold It Against Me in 2011. :meltdown:

Is that a joke?? TTWE was more well known than HIAM. IWG was also top 10. S&S was a huge worldwide smash and WB had decent relevancy. 

Archived