Why The **** Am I Reading On Facebook That Billboard Is No Longer Counting The S&M Remix As A #1 Song For Britney?

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply
11 hours ago, BrittonJeanSpears said:

They're sharing articles from 3rd parties that are saying Billboard is no longer counting the remix.

S&S was #3 like Circus, GM, TTWE... It was never #1.

10 hours ago, Poe Dameron said:

Ummm.. it never was at no.1 tho :umwtf:

it went to #1 in the uk. 

16 hours ago, danny1994 said:

No not really. It was on its way to becoming #1 anyway. The remix was released on April 11. It was #3 on March 19 and #2 April 9. Sure Britney could've helped with some sales, but let's not pretend the song was struggling and Britney saved it.

Lets be real Rihanna released the remix to make the track #1 because her team wasn't confident the track by it's self would make it and Britney didn't just help with some sales.....the remix got quite a few which gave the track the final push it needed. 

5 minutes ago, lustwecantcontrol said:

Lets be real Rihanna released the remix to make the track #1 because her team wasn't confident the track by it's self would make it and Britney didn't just help with some sales.....the remix got quite a few which gave the track the final push it needed. 

But again, it was #2 on Billboard and still rising before the remix was released. It struggled in January and February, but it started taking off on its own.

3 hours ago, danny1994 said:

But again, it was #2 on Billboard and still rising before the remix was released. It struggled in January and February, but it started taking off on its own.

At the end of the day, it doesn't matter if it would've reached #1 on its own. What matters is that the remix, featuring our Queen, was released and THEN it went #1.

20 hours ago, BoyToySoldier said:

Yeah, the Rihanna version was stalling so they released the remix and it shot straight to #1.

4 hours ago, lustwecantcontrol said:

These are both inaccurate, the song was doing just fine and Rihanna wanted to do something fun so she asked her fans who they wanted her to collab with and everyone was saying Britney. She asked and Britney said yes.

Only Girl (In The World) and What's My Name? were both big #1 hits so I wouldn't say her team wasn't confident - she was on a roll. Britney just added to the hype of the song.

On 11/05/2017 at 7:37 AM, BrittonJeanSpears said:

They're sharing articles from 3rd parties that are saying Billboard is no longer counting the remix.

S&S was #3 like Circus, GM, TTWE... It was never #1.

It was no2 in the U.K. For 2 weeks and no1 for 3 weeks after that in January 2013

On 12/05/2017 at 9:18 AM, BrittonJeanSpears said:

I'm sorry, we're talking about BILLBOARD CHARTS. You might want to get your eyes examined, 'cause no one mentioned or cared about the UK.

I'm sorry, I'm giving perspective as to what the other member was SAYING. They said s&s was number one therefore I was showing that they must have been talking about the UK.

I'm not completely illiterate 

You're so bitter 

Archived