I hate the hypocrisy with slumber party

JP9101

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 5/9/2017 at 2:41 AM, Plaidatlo said:

"Slumber Party" video is really great !!! It this was released back in early 2000 it would be a HUGE HIT!! I'm telling you....

It's something about music channels and radios that doesn't play Britney's stuff anymore as much as it used to. It's like if she's not cool enough for school anymore...

Once I spend two days doing nothing, but watching MTV and not even once they play Britney and it was probably few month after "Slumber Party" was released so it was still very fresh.  They just kept playing the same stuff all over again (Fifth Harmony, Little Mix, Justin Bieber....) After I've been tweeting official MTV accounts my dissapointment over this....

Britney was never cool enough for people to like. I remember when I was 13/14 (2003/2004), people bashed britney to no end. They used to call her toxic video vulgar. People secretly loved her.. or loved to hate her. She was everywhere whether you liked it or not. Nowadays, I think a huge part of britney's problem is that she sorta doubts herself when she performs. Her choreo doesn't help either. I know she got her attitude back but it's more like a 'general' performance attitude. If you look at the performance as a whole, it'll look good.. or even decent but if you try to zoom in on one part of it, it'll look like she's slaying in certain parts but not other. Back then, if  you zoomed in on ANY part of the show, she'll look like she's slaying everything down to the last bit.

3 hours ago, Pedro Dantas said:

That's the problem.

It would be shocking and daring in 2000, but, now, it comes off as desperate and stuck in the past.

In a world of M.I.L.F.$ and Anaconda, the Slumber Party video is really boring.

True ,but there's lots boring music videos on top of the charts these days.... I wouldn't say it comes off as a desperate and stuck in the past. Britney is just being Britney. If she would try beyond to impress with something she never was before, I'm sure she would be judged beyond...

But let's face the fact she choose to step back and keep it low key just for herself, so she could have as normal life as possible.... Maybe that's why as she doesn't promote anymore as she used to.

P.S. one of my coleques at work said she loves Britney.... and i asked her if she has a new album "Glory"? her answer was she didn't even know there's a new album.

3 hours ago, Pedro Dantas said:

n a world of M.I.L.F.$ and Anaconda, the Slumber Party video is really boring.

that's true but at the same time I'm happy about that, I mean I really don't wanna see Britney in a video like Anaconda, **** or even worst, Booty... Make Me (original) was pretty hot and **** but it was "Britney style" not like the **** videos of other celebs

Archived