I hate the hypocrisy with slumber party

JP9101

This.

The song is great and the video is one of her best. And yes, the lack of promo and everything made it flop and that's why people hate it. But I hated when she released the song as a ft with Tinasha. God, I'm so ******* tired of featurings. I want a solo single! 

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

You're right sis I hate the hypocrisy too, like how everyone said the original Make Me made no sense but think SP makes miles of sense with it's non storyline, try-hard lesbyish scenes and tacky milk licking in front of one expression Sam. :NYsassy:

It's a good song, but it should've not been released as the second single.

Most of Glory songs are really good, and I know there's a lot of people out there that like that kind of sounds, but they're just not expecting that from someone like Britney Spears. And the people that happens to be expecting something from Britney, isn't expecting something like Slumber Party. She should've released some smash hits first, and only then, she should've dared to release something like Slumber Party, to be like the Criminal or the Don't Let Me Be the Last to Know from this era, when it doesn't matter if it flops, because she already released some hits. But they've made it the Perfume of this era instead, and even sadder is that Perfume peaked higher. :sassybrit:

Anyway, the video is one of her best from this decade, but why did they have to ruin it with those chipmunk vocals? For once they had finally done something right when they first uploaded it, but no, they had to replace the audio later with that awful effect.

So in conclusion, I'm not a hypocrite because I never supported SP as a single in the first place  :shameless: But I must confess, that even though I knew it wasn't gonna be a hit, I expected it to enter at least the Top 50 and I would've imagined that by this date it would be already certified. But nobody listened to me when I said DYWCO had to be the next single. Britney should've payed attention to her kids when they told her it was the best song on the album.

The only good thing I can take from SP besides the video, is just the fact that Just Luv Me wasn't released as a single. That would've been even more tragic.  :embarrassney:

5 hours ago, JP9101 said:

Slumber party (godber godty) is one of her best since toxic and gimme more.

Deal with this!!! flopped because of the lack of promo, the lack of a proper cover and also the big release gap between Make me.

The reach lol. Nobody cares about single covers. Also, it doesn't matter how long in between singles - if the GP loves the song and knows about it, it'll be a hit. GP doesn't want slow jams from Britney. They also didn't promote. Those two things are the reasons it flopped.

I'm confused why you're using the word 'hypocrisy'.... :lostney:

I do agree it's still one of my jams and it's one of her best MVs to date IMO.  Also, let's not call it a complete flop, streaming-wise, it's doing very well... especially compared to Gaga and Beyonce.   :cinderellaney:

I just watched the video again and I cried... it's just so good.  She still knows how to eye-fk the camera and bring on her classic iconic music video acting and choregraphy to her music videos.  Plus her and Sam have such **** connection... hehehe :) :cinderellaney:

The best from the album... YES!

The best since Gimme more? I really doubt it, it definitely is one of the best tracks she has released over the last 10 years, the simple fact that it has a different sound, very tropical reggae-ish and ****/smooth/soft vocals makes it one of my favorite Britney songs EVER! I can keep listening to those drums right before the chorus, OMG! that tropicalney sounds so ******* **** :gobaby:

The fact that they wait so long after Make me and the lack of an official art cover has nothing to do with the poor performance on charts, what it really affected it, was the unexistent 0 promotion SP had. The music video was great (not good anough to me but anyway) and the track is outstanding on Britney's standars and even on general standars. Cant believe they ignored such a great album, not only SP but the whole album. :brityeah:

11 minutes ago, Million Billion said:

The best from the album... YES!

The best since Gimme more? I really doubt it, it definitely is one of the best tracks she has released over the last 10 years, the simple fact that it has a different sound, very tropical reggae-ish and ****/smooth/soft vocals makes it one of my favorite Britney songs EVER! I can keep listening to those drums right before the chorus, OMG! that tropicalney sounds so ******* **** :gobaby:

The fact that they wait so long after Make me and the lack of an official art cover has nothing to do with the poor performance on charts, what it really affected it, was the unexistent 0 promotion SP had. The music video was great (not good anough to me but anyway) and the track is outstanding on Britney's standars and even on general standars. Cant believe they ignored such a great album, not only SP but the whole album. :brityeah:

I agree with the cover thing :giggleney: maybe I was overreacting a little 

but the big gap between make god (after the video mess killing the hype) and slumber party release definitely had something to do with the poor performance of godber party :queenriri:

2 minutes ago, JP9101 said:

I agree with the cover thing :giggleney: maybe I overreacted a little 

but the big gap between make god (after the video mess killing the hype) and slumber party release definitely had something to do with the poor performance of godber party :queenriri:

Had Make me been an average/big hit, maybe but it wasnt the case. They could have waited from August to now (May 2017) and release it as a 2nd single with smash promotion and the song would do way better than it did in Nov 2016. The problem isn't the gap between one single and another since Make me was an "almost-flop" single, it sold well but that was it. Not even the music is the problem, as we saw it with SP which is a great song and even that way it flopped so hard. Her problem is the cheap treatment every project gets because POM is the #1 priority. Even the asian tour will be basically the POM show in a different stage. 

3 hours ago, LionHeart said:

i always said that slumber party wasn't a good idea for single 2. so i hope bteam never listen to delutional fans again.

love me down and change your mind are so much better options, just luv me as well.

but yes. i agree with all you said. 

If you really think "Love Me Down", "Change Your Mind" and SPECIALLY "Just Luv Me" are better then there's something wrong with your ears...

And since Britney didn't promote "Slumber Party" and it flopped you say Team B should listen to you? LMAO! xD And people with actual good ears are DELUSIONAL for loving it? You're DELUSIONAL and a BRITARD who just hates it because it flopped... You're DELUSIONAL for thinking if you don't like something and it flops you "called it" and that you saw it coming... **** OFF! :begone:

25 minutes ago, Queen_Britney said:

If you really think "Love Me Down", "Change Your Mind" and SPECIALLY "Just Luv Me" are better then there's something wrong with your ears...

And since Britney didn't promote "Slumber Party" and it flopped you say Team B should listen to you? LMAO! xD And people with actual good ears are DELUSIONAL for loving it? You're DELUSIONAL and a BRITARD who just hates it because it flopped... You're DELUSIONAL for thinking if you don't like something and it flops you "called it" and that you saw it coming... **** OFF! :begone:

stay shook. i remain unbothered for your basic quote.

if you think you're so right. then go to give slumber party streamings on youtube cause it tanked. :byebitch:

44 minutes ago, LionHeart said:

stay shook. i remain unbothered for your basic quote.

if you think you're so right. then go to give slumber party streamings on youtube cause it tanked. :byebitch:

You stay shook, *****! You're the only basic, delusional and stupid one here... Do you think any of the songs you mentioned would have done better? HAHAHAHAHA! xDDD

"Slumber Party" ***** on the three of them, even when they are good (except for "JLM" which is whatever...).

No promo, no hit. :begone:

Just now, Queen_Britney said:

No promo, no hit. :begone:

work ***** wasn't promoted and didn't tanked on youtube. now go shave your back away .

and don't call me a *****, i haven't give you confidence to talk to me like that. show some respect. reported.

2 minutes ago, LionHeart said:

work ***** wasn't promoted and didn't tanked on youtube. now go shave your back away .

and don't call me a *****, i haven't give you confidence to talk to me like that. show some respect. reported.

Well, she was back from a successful era and ****... *****, is your back hairy af? xD

I'll call you a ***** because that's what everyone calls everyone these days... it's a "term of endearment"! LOL! xD

Besides, you're one, so... reported for being such a pu$$y! xD

Archived