What was your initial reaction to hearing Gimme More?

Body Ache.

Where were you and what was your first reaction to hearing Gimme More? I am listening rn and truly have forgotten how iconic this song is. "It's Britney, *****" is so iconic nowadays, but I wanna know what you guys thought after turning on the song and wondering how it was gonna sound, and then hearing "it's Britney, *****" and all of the other fantastic moans including the "Ow!!"

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

i just remember panicking in the store because i couldnt find the album (havent heard gimme more before) and they showed me that britneys album had a seperate stand with only blackout on it :BBMAney:

i loved gimme more and the whole album instantly :BBMAney:

• Super Mods

I remember hearing it as a YouTube leak before it hit the iTunes Store. :meltdown: I was going into seventh grade and this song introduced me to Britney and got me interested in her as a person and an artist. The song also brought out my inner slay! :brit: And hoe! :queenflopga:

"It's Britney, *****" remains an unbothered iconic phrase. :nynod: Others could nevah! 

I remember her website had the teaser... it was like part of the beat and it had either BRITNEY or GIMME MORE (i forgot which one) all over the page in different colors and if you clicked one of them, it showed you the B&W photo that was the single cover and if you clicked another one it said "its britney *****!" 

I was sooo excited bc I loved the teaser and was shocked by the britney ***** line, I thought it was so cool! Then when I heard the whole song I was in love! The beat, the **** lyrics, the **** vocals, it's just a hot club banger of a song! Still my fave song of hers!

I was totally into the 07 Britney thing. I fell off as a hardcore fan for a while after do somethin... but anyways when gimme more came out I was LIKE: "OH MY GOD, dark, urban pop mixed with 1920s flapper style vocals" I was shook and slayed and when blackout came out I was deceased. 

Everyone thought it was a demo leaked so do I, cause the quality wasn't that high back in 2007 but it was the actual track. Then the cleaned and HD track was released and I was dying for that song, I remember this urban/electronic and robot effects in music was the ******* thing and that iconic "it's Britney *****" phrase was a big big **** YOU! to everyone, I remember how ironic that phrase was received by people, I mean, people used to throw shade at her but Britney calling herself a ***** was awesome. 

Archived