Which songs on the "Oops" album were from "Baby One More Time?"

Sh0wD0wn

• Replies 18
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest StrawberryKisses
49 minutes ago, PBoy said:

You Got It All & Where Are You Now

Where Are You Now was re-recorded in November 1999 back in Sweden.

10 minutes ago, Trentals said:

Except for You Got It All, which was from her original demo tape she got signed with

It wasn't on her demo tape though :plzexplain:

Walk on By is also early Oops sessions in November 1999.

22 minutes ago, T0UCH0FMYHAND said:

How do you all know any specific information about her demo tape? Is it out there somewhere?

The demo tape included a song called Today, which was a left over from Toni Braxtons Secret album, plus Whitney Houstons I've Got Nothing. 

When she was signed to a development deal she was teamed up with Eric Foster White. The first demo they recorded was You Got It All.

3 hours ago, Trentals said:

The demo tape included a song called Today, which was a left over from Toni Braxtons Secret album, plus Whitney Houstons I've Got Nothing. 

When she was signed to a development deal she was teamed up with Eric Foster White. The first demo they recorded was You Got It All.

You Got It All wasn't on that demo tape,  she recorded it with Eric Foster White after she was singed with Jive.

In 1997, Britney Spears started to work on her debut album ...Baby One More Time.[8] After meeting up with producer Eric Foster White in August, the singer got to know the original version of "You've Got It All" by the Jets and decided to record a cover of the song.[8] Steve Lunt, Jive's A&R vice president at the time, revealed that when the label's CEO "heard [the track] in the A&R meeting, he said, 'OK, we've got something.' Up until that, it was in doubt."

It was included on a rare promo sampler as a 1:47 snippet before the BOMT album was releasedhttps://www.discogs.com/Britney-Spears-Sneak-Preview-Cassette/release/4722111

And we know that Where Are You Now was recorded for BOMT as well because of that super rare promo CD listed on Discogs. We actually had someone on here who had a copy of it and promised to leak it, but he never followed through unfortunately.

https://www.discogs.com/Britney-Spears-Baby-One-More-Time/release/7973644

You can see that this CD  is listed as 11/17/98,  and the final BOMT album wasn't released until 1/12/99.

We only have cofirmation from Where Are You Now and You Got It All, but back in theday there was some info (don't know exactly where) that some of the other tracks were also recorded during ...Baby One More Time since Britney had almost 0 time to record songs with all the promo surrounding BOMT and they wanted to release Oops! in 2000.

On 4/5/2017 at 5:28 AM, StrawberryKisses said:

Where Are You Now was re-recorded in November 1999 back in Sweden.

It wasn't on her demo tape though :plzexplain:

Walk on By is also early Oops sessions in November 1999.

On 4/5/2017 at 6:51 AM, T0UCH0FMYHAND said:

How do you all know any specific information about her demo tape? Is it out there somewhere?

On 4/5/2017 at 7:17 AM, Trentals said:

About the demo tape: It is NOT a demo tape.

The info comes from a sneak peak cassette which was handed out during the Mall Tour and it included You Got It All as one of the snippets + an early version of Sometimes.

You guys can hear it here... or download it on my fansite :foh:

23 hours ago, BraveNewSeth said:

You Got It All wasn't on that demo tape,  she recorded it with Eric Foster White after she was singed with Jive.

It was included on a rare promo sampler as a 1:47 snippet before the BOMT album was releasedhttps://www.discogs.com/Britney-Spears-Sneak-Preview-Cassette/release/4722111

And we know that Where Are You Now was recorded for BOMT as well because of that super rare promo CD listed on Discogs. We actually had someone on here who had a copy of it and promised to leak it, but he never followed through unfortunately.

https://www.discogs.com/Britney-Spears-Baby-One-More-Time/release/7973644

You can see that this CD  is listed as 11/17/98,  and the final BOMT album wasn't released until 1/12/99.

I message the person on Discog's who has a copy and asked if they would share the track with me. They probably won't, but if they do i'll share with everyone here :bigkiss::hugs:

Archived