Cara Delevinge pulling a Britney...

garthroda

• Replies 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply
49 minutes ago, garthroda said:

So... People and media are starting to compare Cara D. with britney's shaved moment:
heres the pic: https://www.instagram.com/p/BTor3Eajsp2/

two articles I stumbled across on FB (They're in Spanish):
http://www.swagger.mx/radar/cara-delevigne-britney-cabello-rapada
http://los40.com.mx/los40/2017/05/03/actualidad/1493830202_214170.html

thoughts?
At least they keep talking bout brit right... RIGHT??!!?? :lostney:

uhmmm she's not an actress.:yaknow:

at least by naming it "pulling a britney" they're totally validating the head shaving and now it truly feels like something iconic and normal.:giggleney:

like, it's just a thing you can do in a life and no one  has to make a huge fuzz.

poor cara tho... she'll be a slave to wigs for the next year and a half, and probably develop a hair extension addiction like our own Brit.:queenriri:

still iconic.

48 minutes ago, SeductiveBritney said:

at least by naming it "pulling a britney" they're totally validating the head shaving and now it truly feels like something iconic and normal.:giggleney:

like, it's just a thing you can do in a life and no one  has to make a huge fuzz.

poor cara tho... she'll be a slave to wigs for the next year and a half, and probably develop a hair extension addiction like our own Brit.:queenriri:

still iconic.

she was in the movie suicide squad and in papers town :lostney:

1 hour ago, SeductiveBritney said:

still iconic.

She's been in a few movies.

I feel like those are two different things. Sure they can call it pulling a Britney or whatever, but no one will think Cara is crazy because of this. Whereas Britney still has the negative stigma from when she shaved her head. Also, Cara made like a huge declaration about standing up to beauty standards and whatnot and how women don't have to look a certain way, which ppl really respect. So it seems she's really owning it and proud of it. Also something Britney never did. From FTR, it seems like she doesn't even know why she did it (or at least didn't want to share on camera). So def two totally different situations. 

1 hour ago, DoSomething954 said:

I feel like those are two different things. Sure they can call it pulling a Britney or whatever, but no one will think Cara is crazy because of this. Whereas Britney still has the negative stigma from when she shaved her head. Also, Cara made like a huge declaration about standing up to beauty standards and whatnot and how women don't have to look a certain way, which ppl really respect. So it seems she's really owning it and proud of it. Also something Britney never did. From FTR, it seems like she doesn't even know why she did it (or at least didn't want to share on camera). So def two totally different situations. 

I agree totally with what you're saying, it's crazy how media is so fast to compare things without taking in account the whole situation, I think they just saw that picture with the sweater and a bald Cara and it's strikingly similar to some of britney's photos, I even clicked on one of the thumbnails in my instagram explore section thinking it was an old picture of britney.

Archived