Britney is more popular than Beyonce & Gaga (according to YouTube)

jennyj

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply
9 hours ago, BreatheOnMoi said:

Omg is this an antiGaga post??????? They're gonna come for you. You CANNOT say Britney is better than Gaga in any way, ever.

:surprisedney:

Gaga is in this business for 9 years, britney for 20 years.. of course people are still interested in Gaga music.. but we will see the truth in 10 years

7 hours ago, Pinky98 said:

That's not the point. These numbers show that whoever hears the britney song LOVES it and repeatedly plays the video. All the charts show is that not ENOUGH people are hearing it because of promotional issues. People buy Gaga and Beyoncé songs and listen to it a couple times on YT and get bored. People buy britney songs and listen to them over and over again on YT. 

This is a good thing and these numbers represent true quality and relevancy 

lol @ you thinking youtube numbers represent true quality and relevancy... no. beyonce's videos weren't even available on youtube until months(?) after lemonade and self titled were released. the point is people actually BUY beyonce's music and they are still buying even a year after its release... :nicki2: 

9 hours ago, Blackout in the Glory Zone said:

Britneys doing fine too tho its not like shes irrelevant Gagas getting alot of attention  mostly because its her ''Comeback'' since artpop personally i hate her new music but the cure is such a bop:makesomenoise: beyonce has always been relevant for some reason...

Comeback? When did Gaga go anywhere?

She did an album and tour with Tony Bennett that was immensely successful, had a good run on American Horror Story (won an Emmy), then released an album, did the Superbowl and is now on the charts again with her new song; which I personally don't care for but whatever.

Gaga is a hit or miss for me, but she's doing just fine in terms of success. She's 8-9 years into her career, where was Britney 9 years in?? Recovering from a breakdown and doing major image repair.

3 hours ago, Denise said:

Gaga is in this business for 9 years, britney for 20 years.. of course people are still interested in Gaga music.. but we will see the truth in 10 years

She only had big hits in the first few years of her career. She already sucks. Thats what you get for pretending to be something you are not.

Guest $elfish
6 minutes ago, GypsyWoman said:

She did an album and tour with Tony Bennett that was immensely successful, had a good run on American Horror Story (won an Emmy), then released an album, did the Superbowl and is now on the charts again with her new song; which I personally don't care for but whatever.

Gaga is a hit or miss for me, but she's doing just fine in terms of success. She's 7-8 years into her career, where was Britney? On the verge of a breakdown....

i put comeback in quotations because its not really a comeback but it was a long time since she released an album some people consider people who haven't released an album in awhile making a comeback im not saying Gaga is irrelevant but she did again extra attention like every artist does when they make a comeback or release an album 

also no need for the britney shade:zoomzoom:

Just now, Blackout in the Glory Zone said:

i put comeback in quotations because its not really a comeback but it was a long time since she released an album some people consider people who haven't released an album in awhile making a comeback im not saying Gaga is irrelevant but she did again extra attention like every artist does when they make a comeback or release an album 

also no need for the britney shade:zoomzoom:

No shade here, just facts from a fan who doesn't walk around wearing rose colored glasses.

This is cool for Britney, but it doesn't seem like those views translate to sales or increased conversation about her singles. Whereas some of the other singles from the other girls were much more talked about. I heard Million Reasons, Formation, All Night and Perfect Illusion on the radio and just talked about among ppl I know or whatever way more than I ever heard MM or SP or Pretty Girls. 

And also, Beyonce's views might be lower if ppl bought her album. Like when I bought Lemonade (yes, I stan Britney and Beyonce, it is possible to like both), the videos came with my purchase. Same with her last album. So I've never needed to watch any of them on YouTube. So that could be another thing. 

23 minutes ago, GypsyWoman said:

Gaga is a hit or miss for me, but she's doing just fine in terms of success. She's 8-9 years into her career, where was Britney 9 years in?? Recovering from a breakdown and doing major image repair.

You're right, there was no comeback. Joanne was even less successful than Artpop, the album that marked the end of her reign in pop music.

9 years into her career, Britney was having the least commercially successful era of her career, just like Gaga. The difference being that Britney made a comeback while it doesn't seem likely for Gaga.

48 minutes ago, button said:

You're right, there was no comeback. Joanne was even less successful than Artpop, the album that marked the end of her reign in pop music.

9 years into her career, Britney was having the least commercially successful era of her career, just like Gaga. The difference being that Britney made a comeback while it doesn't seem likely for Gaga.

Just like you're dismissing Gaga now, people were dismissing Britney then so don't be a hypocrite. Let's also not act like anything post Circus has been this huge commercial success. 

13 minutes ago, GypsyWoman said:

Just like you're dismissing Gaga now, people were dismissing Britney then so don't be a hypocrite. Let's also not act like anything post Circus has been this huge commercial success. 

FF had her last huge hits. She did good until WB after it went all down hill 

59 minutes ago, GypsyWoman said:

Getting her life back on track is what people denied Britney could do. They were convinced it was going to end badly for her (ie: commiting suicide or overdosing on *****). The comeback Britney made was more of a personal comeback, a comeback to a stable, healthy lifestyle rather than a comeback to commercial success. Like who was focusing on Britney's chart success in 2007 when she was shaving her head ect? What hypocrisy am I perpetuating? Gaga isn't having a meltdown. Their cases are not similar at all.

In terms of commercial success, Blackout is light years ahead of Joanne. Britney 9 years into her career, had a lot more commercial viability than Gaga. Even in her darkest days, she didn't stop being a hit maker. Gaga has a clean "re-built" image, had a Superbowl performance with supposedly 120M viewers and still couldn't outpeak Gimme More, which Britney didn't need to discount by the way.

I'm not dismissing Gaga. I'm just saying it's not looking likely. She went on an extensive campaign to rebuild her image pre-Joanne, did all of those big promo slots you mentioned and didn't see half of Blackout's success, the album Britney released when she was a trainwreck and a joke to the public.

Oh and after Circus, Britney released an album which moved as many SPS units as Lady Gaga's third studio album, Artpop. Which says more about Gaga than Britney when you think about it.

Archived