Britney’s Music Catalog Could Be Heading To Broadway

Jordan Miller

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 hours ago, PokemonSpears said:

I think it would be very successful, if it's handled the right way and if it has a decent cast, not some random actors.

But, personally, I'm not a really big fan of other people singing Britney songs. They kinda ruin the magic. I always find flattering and, like, you know, I take it positively when I watch other persons covering her songs, and it goes viral and whatever, but it's really rare when I genuinely like a cover, I can think of that guy that makes like a classic style for the songs, or the couple from the X Factor that sang Toxic, or for example, the Glee episodes, I probably only liked Toxic and MATM. But most of the times I find it very cringy, like the tribute from RDMA. Again, it was cute and all, and the meaning of the whole thing is what I appreciate, but they destroyed those songs, including JL's performance of TTWE. :blurp:

And then, maybe a musical movie wouldn't be that bad, but in theater they tend to exaggerate, and of course, they're over dramatic, it's theater,  butthat's really not my thing :ehno: but again, I think it could be very successful. Another way for her to make money without actually having to do anything :quirkney: lol

Hire Tinasha as Britney in this musical. The lead HAS to be a dancer lol

• Super Mods
37 minutes ago, LBoggie said:

I think this could be big if done properly and with the right hands. It sounds like the guy that wants to do it has an impressive resume, so it's looking like it's heading in the right direction. 

Idk why people in here are having meltdowns. You guys want her to be more respected, right? This would actually do that if it becomes a hit and would allow her to put another staple in the entertainment industry. Plus, it would put her out there again and make people talk about her and check for her music.

That's right. I think if done right, it can be a success. Viva Forver would've been a success but it was too close to the spice girls story even though they said it wouldn't be. 

Out of all things, I think her music means a lot to her so she wouldn't do anything that doesn't feel right. She has the biggest and most iconic songs out of her peers that everyone will recognize. They just need to make it non biographical cuz that's a big buzzkill and I'm sure she would hate it if they did.

Guys, you do realize this only adds to her legacy as a music icon, right? Only a handful of artists have jukebox musicals from their catalogues because most don't have enough recognizable hits to create one. And, Jerry Mitchell is one of the most acclaimed directors and choreographers in the business. He's not going to mess it up.

1 hour ago, Seanzy said:

Guys, you do realize this only adds to her legacy as a music icon, right? Only a handful of artists have jukebox musicals from their catalogues because most don't have enough recognizable hits to create one. And, Jerry Mitchell is one of the most acclaimed directors and choreographers in the business. He's not going to mess it up.

Thank you, exactly my thought!

8 hours ago, DJSLAYZEE said:

I mean behind the scenes if it actually happens:meltdown:. I don't think she'd be in it

Not even behind the scenes though. They're using her music, which she doesn't even own the rights to, so her input is pretty obsolete since they don't need it and there wouldn't be much for her to contribute on.

• Super Mods
2 hours ago, WhatEverYouWant said:

How well did the Spice Girls musical do? I can see it doing similar to that, good or bad. 

It didn't do so well and looking at the trailer, you can tell it sucks. It just seems forced and the storyline is still kinda like the spice girls which makes it boring. 

Archived