When Britney interferes with your love life

Basically my ex and I met because of Britney, and we were stans together ,Sharing her favourite songs and listening to them on repeat. Britney in his cover picture was the reason why I contacted him .

Thing is, I am over him, but you know when there's this one thing that reminds you of an ex and you just want to get rid of . Lately, whenever I listen to britney I remember our road trips listening to her together, not that I miss that *********, but how can I stop relating Britney to my ******* ex? 

• Replies 11
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest StrawberryKisses

I know this feeling!

That's why I never listen to Britney etc when I'm sad or really depressed, but really happy.

Try and make new memories while listening to Britney. Call some friends, go to the beach and blast out If I'm Dancing! :giggleney: Play the songs in the car.

Or drive to somewhere new... a  place to eat or something. a 40 minute drive. explore a new area in town! and play Britney while doing that.

The key is to make new memories with Britney... and it will happen eventually :) I've made new memories with her earlier albums... like Britney  (the album) reminded me of my grandfather's passing, but  now the album also reminds me of a long train ride I took to visit a friend who moved cities.

6 minutes ago, StrawberryKisses said:

I know this feeling!

That's why I never listen to Britney etc when I'm sad or really depressed, but really happy.

Try and make new memories while listening to Britney. Call some friends, go to the beach and blast out If I'm Dancing! :giggleney: Play the songs in the car.

Or drive to somewhere new... a  place to eat or something. a 40 minute drive. explore a new area in town! and play Britney while doing that.

I'm going to try to do this, hopefully, maybe the newer memories will make me associate britney with uplifting entities rather than a cheating guy :giggleney:

Guest StrawberryKisses
2 minutes ago, ShadowTriumph said:

I'm going to try to do this, for instance, maybe the newer memories will make me associate britney with uplifting entities rather than a cheating guy :giggleney:

#1 rule is to listen to your favorite artists  ONLY when you're happy... because you don't want them being associated with bad memories (unless you're comfortable with that)

When you're sad, etc, turn on the radio and find someone new to listen to.

I listened to Glory when I was in the process of moving cities and now it just reminds me of all the traveling and **** :meltdown: and having to wake up early and getting health checks.

3 minutes ago, StrawberryKisses said:

#1 rule is to ALWAYS listen to your favourite artists when ONLY when you're happy... because you don't want them being associated with bad memories (unless you're comfortable with that)

it's not like that ,it's like whenever I think of glory the immediate memory is my ex and I listening to it the first time and banging our heads to it . It's like I had many happy britney memories with him and she became an essential part of our life , and when I want to listen to britney I want to listen  to her without these memories striking again. Yes I get it they're happy memories and although we're not together anymore I should cherish them, but being constantly reminded of an ex isn't something to wish for.

Your advice to create new memories seems like a perfect solution

Guest StrawberryKisses
Just now, ShadowTriumph said:

it's not like that ,it's like whenever I think of glory the immediate memory is my ex and I listening to it the first time and banging our heads to it . It's like I had many happy britney memories with him and she became an essential part of our life , and when I want to listen to britney I want to listen  to her without these memories striking again. Yes I get it they're happy memories and although we're not together anymore I should cherish them, but being constantly reminded of an ex isn't something to wish for.

Your advice to create new memories seems like a perfect solution

Yeah, best to make some new memories! :)

Let us know how you go. We're all family here!

I personally could never date another Britney stan.

Friends? Absolutely, I'd love to have a lot of stans to queen out with.

But for actual dating, no. I kinda like to have my own hobbies and interests. It's more fun in a relationship where you both enjoy different things and you can bond by sharing what you enjoy with the other person. I think it makes things more special imo. :giggleney:

The advice I can give you is to remember that you had Britney before you had him. So it's not something that goes hand in hand because you already loved Britney and all her songs before you met him. :hugs: 

2 hours ago, ShadowTriumph said:

Basically my ex and I met because of Britney, and we were stans together ,Sharing her favourite songs and listening to them on repeat. Britney in his cover picture was the reason why I contacted him .

Thing is, I am over him, but you know when there's this one thing that reminds you of an ex and you just want to get rid of . Lately, whenever I listen to britney I remember our road trips listening to her together, not that I miss that *********, but how can I stop relating Britney to my ******* ex? 

Takes time. You can also push through and just keep listening instead of turning it off when u start to feel things, eventually it will pass.

Archived