Is RCA so incompetent and poor that they cant muster up a third single?

Kiey

Lol most music released so far this year hasn't been good and don't get me started on Ed Snoozefest. 

RCA suck for not wanting there to be a 3rd single from Glory, it deserves so much more. In fact even BJ deserved a 3rd single. They're just lazy. 

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply
10 minutes ago, mlk1227 said:

it's sad that we only want singles and videos for hits. who gives a **** if it "flops". britney ******* spears should be allowed to do a video whenever she wants. 

It erodes her status as a pop superstar having flop videos with hits only in the tens of millions, you only want the 3rd single for your own selfish reasons rather than thinking about what is smart for britneys career 

33 minutes ago, thefierceone said:

I work for a music label and I can tell you its not her choice. The label provides a budget for each era and until the era turns a profit she cannot get additional funds. The label can force her to promote whether she likes it or not. Luckily there isnt much demand for her in the states in regards to new music,

But it doesn't really make sense for other artists who are lesser names, getting more singles and chances for flop releases versus an A List pop star like Britney getting very small funding?

Do you think RCA was mad at her and her team for scrapping the expensive Make Me video and that's why we don't have anything now?

6 minutes ago, danny1994 said:

Slumber Party was a tragic single choice to begin with, it's a good song but not radio friendly enough.

We need to live with the reality that generic songs sell and Love Me Down or Better would've been good singles.

Stop with that myth. Slumber Party is in the same reggae pop vein as Side to Side and Cheap Thrills and those songs smashed.

It was gaining on pop radio consistently, but Britney didn't bother to promote despite having all the right moves to do so.

28 minutes ago, mlk1227 said:

it's sad that we only want singles and videos for hits. who gives a **** if it "flops". britney ******* spears should be allowed to do a video whenever she wants. 

Girl, I've accepted that Britney is a total flop now without promotion. But come on, this is the second era in a row with only two singles.

Not to mention this is the first era with only one decent video because Make Me was a disaster.

The least Britney could do is give us a cute video for Better or something.

10 minutes ago, BoyToySoldier said:

Stop with that myth. Slumber Party is in the same reggae pop vein as Side to Side and Cheap Thrills and those songs smashed.

It was gaining on pop radio consistently, but Britney didn't bother to promote despite having all the right moves to do so.

Both those songs have a hook 500000x more catchy than Slumber Party. Of course it would've gotten more airplay with more promo, but I don't think it would've been a big hit.

Guest ukfan
1 hour ago, Jay Holiday said:

YOu had me till you mentioned Zayn. that boy can blow. have even heard is album let alone Pillowtalk. No feeling my *** :ricackle:

It's just personal taste. iv heard a couple songs and just don't feel connected like the way Britney comes across in songs.. 

1 hour ago, soeffnperf said:

Just because his voice is high doesn't mean he can't sing. Do you not like Adele either because she sings in a lower register.

Well, duh!  Adam levine for example is one of my favourite singers I like maroon 5.. I'm simply saying I don't personally like zayns voice. end of.

Adele is great. obviously. 

I feel more connected as a listener to britneys voice because it's distinct.  

1 hour ago, BoyToySoldier said:

But it doesn't really make sense for other artists who are lesser names, getting more singles and chances for flop releases versus an A List pop star like Britney getting very small funding?

Do you think RCA was mad at her and her team for scrapping the expensive Make Me video and that's why we don't have anything now?

With newer artist they have more time to earn for a label vs someone 30 years into their career. I think the reason for the WW tour is to show demand and push for a higher budget for B10. And also while Piece of Me brings in alot of money its not a cheap show to produce so its not like all the money is pure profit.

i saw in a documentary about music videos somewhere that the music video has been dying off since 2005, but artists were actually creative about it and used ways to work around it, so even though the budget was never as bloated as before we wouldn't notice because there was always something new and interesting. but it looks like creativity died and the people owning the scene are not the same.

so... is the new trend 'no albums, only singles, less music videos'?

sad.

6 hours ago, thefierceone said:

With newer artist they have more time to earn for a label vs someone 30 years into their career. I think the reason for the WW tour is to show demand and push for a higher budget for B10. And also while Piece of Me brings in alot of money its not a cheap show to produce so its not like all the money is pure profit.

I kinda love what you're saying but there is something that doesn't fit. I'm sure Britney with (good) promotion could keep slaying so hard, so, I don't see her touring  based on getting a higher budget as one of the main reasons. 

Don't blame RCA, blame Britney. You think they like it when an artist doesn't want to promote their own music? Britney put out a bad choice for a first single, then wanted to reshoot the video (which costs money), not promote it, not promote her album, put out a bad song for a second single, and then not promote that either. Britney made three videos this era whether you like them or not - maybe if she had released the original MM video then we could have gotten a third single video. Or maybe if she promoted her **** then her songs wouldn't flop and they would think it's worth it to release another one. Before you call RCA incompetent, ask if Britney is. 

BETTER or LOVE ME DOWN shouldda been the next singles, they're the most radio oriented songs on Glory tbh:mhm: 

BUT they let those chances go out the window, so now only a new album would be best for her and her stupid label cause Glory is over :crying11:

and sorry for the long rant, but I'll forever be mad that they wasted so much potential on so much that could've been GODRY, one of her best albums .. paid to dust like nothing..  :crying1: 

Guest ukfan
On 02/05/2017 at 5:09 AM, PARKBOM said:

BETTER or LOVE ME DOWN shouldda been the next singles, they're the most radio oriented songs on Glory tbh:mhm: 

BUT they let those chances go out the window, so now only a new album would be best for her and her stupid label cause Glory is over :crying11:

and sorry for the long rant, but I'll forever be mad that they wasted so much potential on so much that could've been GODRY, one of her best albums .. paid to dust like nothing..  :crying1: 

If I'm dancing or clumsy would do better than 'better'... I'm sorry but better isn't single worthy.. 

Love me down however would of made a great single.. 

Guest $elfish
On 5/2/2017 at 7:48 AM, SlayOut said:

We're starting the fifth month of 2017 and there's hardly been any memorable music or music videos released. :byebitch:

the cure says hi:saycheese:

Archived