Britney should do what OneRepublic is going to start doing now

none

Long story short - the band was on the verge of a breakdown due to exhaustion from to all the promo, album making, missing family time, etc. So instead of making albums constantly and promote singles a year after the album it's been released like it happens normal during single #3-4, they decided to put a stop to making albums and just release new songs sporiadiacally, EPs,  and even remixes of some of their old hits.

That way they're keeping the people fresh and not getting tied to making albums constantly that they can get tired after a few months and new idea are going through their heads

269775-640.jpggallery-1472111446-britney-spears-apple-

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I love them. Saw them live and they were AWESOME. I am a die hard fan of them but so pissed at them. They are letting a great album die just like B did with Glory. They PROMISED they would tour in europe early 2017 and said they would revisit every country ever been too. They said they might sell M and G tix and the list goes on and on and now they are coming back to all their promises. I hate when people do that. Celeb or not. If you can't trust them on their word, why even support them.

i do get that the lifestyle can be demanding but either quit or go 100% for it. Madonna is like 60 yo and she has NEVER done any of this so if she can pull it off...

I hate this idea too. No albums? Artists complain about how the industry changed yet they will do it themself. No hold on to it and don't give up. We are heading to a feature without physical releases. How can an artist support that idea??? 

I refuse to pay over 1.29€ per track without having a proper physical release. 

Call me old fashioned but music sounds best when paging thru the booklet while the cd or vinyl is playing.

Guest $elfish

I know I might sound like a complete ****** saying this but whats the difference between an Ep and an album :moorangu: aren't they both the same thing?...

it's not like Britney puts so much effort into her albums that she has breakdowns. she has a lot of people around her who do more than 50% of the job and no one forces her to promote. she doesn't write her songs from scratch like that band, she doesn't make instrumentals or produce. literally why are you trying to adapt this method to her?

i cackled at remixes of old hits

I hate this idea. I love albums because they can have a theme and represent an era of time. Plus, it's much easier to be successful when you have a solid album of content you can promote, along with an idea. If you constantly just release singles without albums, you're gonna have to promote every single time. People won't get excited when you release new music because you would have just been releasing music constantly rather than once every 1-3 years. It's just all around a bad idea, imo. 

1 hour ago, BoyToySoldier said:

So basically remain basic as **** and release generic dance singles for chart fodder instead of putting out a quality album that will gather critical acclaim?

No thanks. :arianabye:

My thoughts exactly, besides, she did it before and we all know what PRETTY mess that gave :gimmemoar:

2 hours ago, Thecodeman25 said:

Stand alone singles are stupid, but i wouldnt mind Britney doing some 5-8 track EPs. That was she could be a little more experimental and not be held to an album standard with everyone hoping for 4-5 singles. 

That would be cool. But I really do love and need Britney albums. She's was very experimental on "Glory" which is what I had been hoping for again since ITZ. So now that I know she's able to take chances, I very much welcome her next album whenever it is finished and released.:brityes:

2 hours ago, ZoneGirl said:

That would be cool. But I really do love and need Britney albums. She's was very experimental on "Glory" which is what I had been hoping for again since ITZ. So now that I know she's able to take chances, I very much welcome her next album whenever it is finished and released.:brityes:

I really don't get why people say Britney experimented with Glory. Like literally, it's all music she's already done or music that followed 2016's trends. The only thing that it's a bit more different is CYM because of the latin sound. 

7 hours ago, Blackout in the Glory Zone said:

I know I might sound like a complete ****** saying this but whats the difference between an Ep and an album :moorangu: aren't they both the same thing?...

EP means Extended Play, its basically a musical recording with 3-5 tracks, and because it contains less than 8 tracks it cant be qualified as an album but as an EP. Artists usually release one or two singles from an EP recording, its what Tinashe is doing atm :mhm: 

7 hours ago, Thecodeman25 said:

Stand alone singles are stupid, but i wouldnt mind Britney doing some 5-8 track EPs. That was she could be a little more experimental and not be held to an album standard with everyone hoping for 4-5 singles. 

I like this

Archived