The released version of Mona Lisa is so much worse compared to the original

Urbanney

It's just so... watered down. It lost all the passion and emotion the original had and then processed/manufactured it times ten

I know the original version/demo is much more rough, but I like it that way. I hope Britney does something similar to the demo for the next album. I want her to go for real instruments and more of a natural, timeless sound. I want passion and emotion in her vocals. I want something with flaws, which is what actually would make it perfect. 

• Replies 16
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, Streets said:

The record company took control over a scathing track meant to expose them, and instead delivered a polished product that meant to hide its message under a slick pop song.

I'd say the message is still there in the final version, if not more so. It's definitely more coherent than the demo

53 minutes ago, BoyToySoldier said:

I still don't understand how this was able to be released but Rebellion was scrapped from Blackout. :plzexplain:

It's possible Britney/Teresa didn't feel the song fit Blackout. I mean thinking about it, Blackout is not a very deep album it's mostly about partying/***....there's a few glimpses of depth but Rebellion is a very deep/heavy song! 

9 minutes ago, lustwecantcontrol said:

It's possible Britney/Teresa didn't feel the song fit Blackout. I mean thinking about it, Blackout is not a very deep album it's mostly about partying/***....there's a few glimpses of depth but Rebellion is a very deep/heavy song! 

Meh, people can say it's about "ILLUMINATI wooo" but I honestly think it's about all the fake / toxic people that took advantage of her over the years due to her star power. It fits in with the whole media bashing concept in Piece of Me. Crucify Me was supposedly a darker Piece of Me. I think it wouldn't have hurt to add a song or two as bonus tracks and make it a 17/18 track album.

3 minutes ago, BoyToySoldier said:

Meh, people can say it's about "ILLUMINATI wooo" but I honestly think it's about all the fake / toxic people that took advantage of her over the years due to her star power. It fits in with the whole media bashing concept in Piece of Me. Crucify Me was supposedly a darker Piece of Me. I think it wouldn't have hurt to add a song or two as bonus tracks and make it a 17/18 track album.

Well I agree that Rebellion is about people taking advantage of her, but again maybe they wanted to keep the album a little lighter. 

Am I the only one that prefers everything about the finished version

1 hour ago, BoyToySoldier said:

I remember there being a strict rule claiming no songs about britney's life could be submitted for Blackout, Piece Of Me was the exception because Britney liked the song so much, so they definitely wanted a *** driven album.

28 minutes ago, F.a.u.zish said:

Am I the only one that prefers everything about the finished version

I remember there being a strict rule claiming no songs about britney's life could be submitted for Blackout, Piece Of Me was the exception because Britney liked the song so much, so they definitely wanted a *** driven album.

That's probably for outside tracks, but throughout the whole sessions Britney was clearly inspired by her life.

Rebellion, Little Me, Baby Boy, Who Can She Trust, Crucify Me, Piece of Me, Why Should I Be Sad and even Toy Soldier to an extent.

They probably left these songs out to not make it seem as that's all Britney wants to talk about and released a no ***** given album instead. The early sessions for Blackout were very personal however.

• Super Mods
11 hours ago, Andrew338 said:

they will probably release it after she dies like with every other artist on this planet, so eat your vegetables cause OD is coming 2071

But it's already out :wtfdidusay:

Archived