Sweet Dreams My LA Ex

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 hours ago, BritneyJeanSpearsOfficial said:

Do you think Britney was smart on turning down the song? What would happen if she released it on In The Zone? As the story goes, Britney turned down the song cause it was too personal

Discuss :queenflopga: 

Cry me a river 2.0 :sobbing:

I like the lyrics, but not the production......I guess it's possible that if Britney recorded it that her version could be different. 

4 hours ago, BoyToySoldier said:

I hope her version will leak eventually. I mean we got her Look Who's Talking so anything's possible. :overwhelm:

But did she actually record it or did she reject the song all together

I know everyone hates it but I love this song, it used to be EVERYWHERE :yesplease: I like Rachel too but she didn't have much personality and her songs could have been sung by anyone, also I feel like the fact that Come & Get It came out during such a horrible time for pop as 2005 made it seem better than it actually was..:woopsie:

This is still a bop though :cutebrit:

I like the song but it's more 'Britney' than 'In The Zone', ITZ has a more mature lay back feel. It would have been cool for the moment but in the greater picture it just wasn't Britney's path. 

I think she was right to take the high road.

7 hours ago, BoyToySoldier said:

I hope her version will leak eventually. I mean we got her Look Who's Talking so anything's possible. :overwhelm:

Yeah, me too, like glad she didn't do the song officially but would be amazing AF if we could have it now.

56 minutes ago, BritneyJeanSpearsOfficial said:

Umbrella got turned down cause Jive was like we have enough songs for Blackout and Telephone... Idk tbh I think she turned it down idk

She turned down Telephone,  wasn't it the same time as Quicksand? I remember people saying she released Telephone with Beyonce because none of the songs she wrote for Britney made the album...

2 hours ago, PieceofBritney said:

She turned down Telephone,  wasn't it the same time as Quicksand? I remember people saying she released Telephone with Beyonce because none of the songs she wrote for Britney made the album...

What I've read though was Telephone was indeed rejected for Circus album, so Lady Gaga decided to use it for Fame Monster. She proposed to have Britney featured instead but Team B negotiated to have it in Singles Collection which Gaga refused. So she got Beyonce on board.

Unsurprisingly, Beyonce got writing credits when its exactly the same lyrics that we heard from Britney's demo recorded in 2008 when Beyonce was not yet involved. Na na na diva is a female version of a hustla

On ‎28‎/‎04‎/‎2017 at 6:03 AM, BritneyJeanSpearsOfficial said:

Do you think Britney was smart on turning down the song? What would happen if she released it on In The Zone? As the story goes, Britney turned down the song cause it was too personal

Discuss :queenflopga: 

Wasn't it written for Britney in response to Justin Timberlake's Cry me a river?? I remember reading that years ago. I dunno if it was smart or foolish of her to be honest. She probably knew that if she released it, every single promotion interview she did for it she would have been asked if it was about Justin Timberlake. I know Everytime was supposeably about the breakup but its not as obvious if that make sense. But then I do think it would have been a massive success if Britney released it

On 4/28/2017 at 0:24 PM, Darna said:

What I've read though was Telephone was indeed rejected for Circus album, so Lady Gaga decided to use it for Fame Monster. She proposed to have Britney featured instead but Team B negotiated to have it in Singles Collection which Gaga refused. So she got Beyonce on board.

Unsurprisingly, Beyonce got writing credits when its exactly the same lyrics that we heard from Britney's demo recorded in 2008 when Beyonce was not yet involved. Na na na diva is a female version of a hustla

Wait Britney's version doesn't have the "by the way you blowing up my phone" part

Archived