Still bummed this wasn't released

none

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply
24 minutes ago, JustStanKnee said:

omg you are :lostney:  I need to know what you find interesting on BJ. :plzexplain:

I think the songs are really catchy and fun. The songs, individually, aren't the best of her discography, I agree (except Now That I Found You, which is awesome :donewithit:) but it's an album I can listen to from beginning to end, without skipping a song (even Chillin' With You, because by the time it comes up, I've listened to so many good tracks, that I can tolerate something like that, and continue with the rest).

Something I appreciate a lot in her albums, and what I actually think it's what makes an album, a Britney Spears album, is variety. I think it's amazing how only Britney is able to release a record that has a song like Work ***** or Tik Tik Boom, and a song like Brightest Morning Star too. I still believe they could've done so much more with that album, they could've targeted different singles to different kinds of audiences. It had the dance tracks, it had ballads, that weren't too boring or cheesy or slow. I think Alien is a classic Britney song, it's a shame it wasn't a single, despite the glitch and the vocal editing (that appears throughout the whole album). Passenger is so mystical, Don't Cry is beautiful and so is Hold on Tite. WB became a classic and I didn't think of it like that at the time, but over the years it has kept its freshness and coolness. The club bangers ISBE, TIG, BA, TTB. I don't know, I think they wasted so many hits, just like they're doing now with Glory.

Blackout has its good moments as well. Break the Ice is one of my favorite Britney songs, probably on my Top 10 (or 15). But that cohesiveness everybody talks about, is what, to my point of view, makes an album boring and monotonous. It makes you either hate it or love it, and I think Britney has too much to give us to stick to just one sound. And I don't know, that sound that Blackout has, its melodies, its rhythms, its lyrics, the male vocals, the vocal distortion, the repetitiveness, it's just not my thing. I can listen to the individual songs separately, but going through the whole album from beginning to end, I think I only do it like once every two years. BJ, I listened to it daily for basically the entire 2014 on my  way to college.  And also because it was a relatively short album, it made it even easier to listen to.

The only demos sent by Myah for Britney are Feet on the Ground and Body Ache. Body Ache got a chance on BJ after the last minute change and it was released.

Anything else released by Myah were not intended for her at all. Neither Candy from Strangers, Black Widow, Animal, Plastic or any other demo were meant for Britney.

1 hour ago, PokemonSpears said:

I think the songs are really catchy and fun. The songs, individually, aren't the best of her discography, I agree (except Now That I Found You, which is awesome :donewithit:) but it's an album I can listen to from beginning to end, without skipping a song (even Chillin' With You, because by the time it comes up, I've listened to so many good tracks, that I can tolerate something like that, and continue with the rest).

Something I appreciate a lot in her albums, and what I actually think it's what makes an album, a Britney Spears album, is variety. I think it's amazing how only Britney is able to release a record that has a song like Work ***** or Tik Tik Boom, and a song like Brightest Morning Star too. I still believe they could've done so much more with that album, they could've targeted different singles to different kinds of audiences. It had the dance tracks, it had ballads, that weren't too boring or cheesy or slow. I think Alien is a classic Britney song, it's a shame it wasn't a single, despite the glitch and the vocal editing (that appears throughout the whole album). Passenger is so mystical, Don't Cry is beautiful and so is Hold on Tite. WB became a classic and I didn't think of it like that at the time, but over the years it has kept its freshness and coolness. The club bangers ISBE, TIG, BA, TTB. I don't know, I think they wasted so many hits, just like they're doing now with Glory.

Blackout has its good moments as well. Break the Ice is one of my favorite Britney songs, probably on my Top 10 (or 15). But that cohesiveness everybody talks about, is what, to my point of view, makes an album boring and monotonous. It makes you either hate it or love it, and I think Britney has too much to give us to stick to just one sound. And I don't know, that sound that Blackout has, its melodies, its rhythms, its lyrics, the male vocals, the vocal distortion, the repetitiveness, it's just not my thing. I can listen to the individual songs separately, but going through the whole album from beginning to end, I think I only do it like once every two years. BJ, I listened to it daily for basically the entire 2014 on my  way to college.  And also because it was a relatively short album, it made it even easier to listen to.

Wow! Thank you! I enjoyed reading you (and taking a second look at BJ) :lustney:

Alien has always been one of my favorite ballads from Britney since the first time I heard it.

Work *****, Hold on Tight and Perfume are great songs too :verycool:

I think what bothers me the most about this album is William's work actually. Body Ache (0:00-0:40) and Till it's Gone (gone gone part?) are kinda overaggressive.

Some songs could have been wayyyyy better with a different instrumental/arrangement (Don't Cry and Passenger). Same for Now that I found you, could have been good if only it didn't have that effect on the chorus that makes her voice sound silly. :sassybrit:

It Should be Easy is probably that One song that I hate on Britney's discography :surething: and kinda ruined my whole vision of the album tbh.

There are some good songs but yeah... as far as Im concerned **** William :trash:

On 28/4/2017 at 4:41 AM, Dark.Knight said:

:tiffsniffle:, I'm sure Britney would had given it a nice touch on it

This is actually a really good demo. ;)
Of course it would have needed lots of changes and improvements (lyrics and production needs obvious rework, and the bridge is weak), but with the right producer it could have been a great Femme Fatale track. Choruses are F I R E! The "i'll eat you up alive" is AMAZING :)

I wonder why Will.I.Am didn't use this track for Britney Jean... Britney didn't even need to record it... :boredney:

Archived