I so badly wanna know the thought process of britneys team when it comes to releasing singles

TripToYourLove<3

The 2 singles thing is RCA being cheap, I mean look at what happened when she was with Jive,  Overprotected bombed big time in the US it charted even lower than SP and then they released a 3rd single (NAGNYAW) which failed to chart and they still let her do a 4th single. 

Also RCA is just stupid (which they've proven over and over again) they don't realize that by cutting eras short they're making things look worse than they are. I mean MM charted decently and Glory's first week numbers weren't that bad (had they picked a better week it would've been #1) but by cutting the era short because SP wasn't a success they're making the era look like it was a huge flop when it really wasn't! Also the more singles you put out the better the chance of having one stick and being a big hit. I firmly believe that if she released If I'm Dancing with a cool but not expensive video ala SP it could become a big hit for her like top 10! They should release it to promote the tour and if it does well re-release Glory this fall with one more single because I'm sure B10 isn't coming till mid-late 2018!  

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply
58 minutes ago, Erreur 2 La Nature said:

Nah lol

I agree with him : several songs from Glory sound like hits and they're amazing. 

They just gave up cause it was not selling. They put some effort in "Make Me..." but they destroyed it, too. They're the only responsible for that second messed up era. 

Glory is friggin' gorg*:yeahhh:

...in a perfect world, this would be my dream of RCA to do...

-Make me slay-ay ay ay

-Slaymber Part-ay ay ay 

-Just luv/slay-ay ay ay me

- If I'm slay-ay ay aying

That's all I want, is that too much to as for?:crying1:

15 minutes ago, lustwecantcontrol said:

they don't realize that by cutting eras short they're making things look worse than they are. I mean MM charted decently and Glory's first week numbers weren't that bad (had they picked a better week it would've been #1) but by cutting the era short because SP wasn't a success they're making the era look like it was a huge flop when it really wasn't! 

I strongly agree with this, everybody's running around screaming "flop flop flop" only because of the way it was handled, and because there"s a setback from previous (staggering) sales and chart positions. Had everybody kept their cool and stuck to the plan (I hope to god they had one, since they are a professional record company) it would have been a perfectly acceptable era.

Singles and music video's are investments that have to be made when you let a big artist release an album.

3 hours ago, Disney Princess said:

My theory is that RCA chose not to release anymore singles since Britney didn't promote Slumber Party. In other words, they might not see the point of releasing another single if the artist isnt willing to promote it.

oooooh must be the reason as well why Xtinct only released 1 video for Lotus era cos she did not promote Your Body.

Image result for your body christina aguilera gif

Must be the record label's decision, because setting aside album sales, Britney era singles were not as successful as its predecessors and yet Jive released 6 singles. Blackout was not promoted but it got 3 properly released singles. Stupid RCA wasting Britney's music. :britstare11:

Archived