I so badly wanna know the thought process of britneys team when it comes to releasing singles

TripToYourLove<3

Like why wasnt a third single released? Did her team want to but britney didnt? Did they think it was a waste of money cause her songs havent been successful this era? Did RCA not allow them? Like what is the deal. Theres no way they just planned from the beginning to only have two singles. Its so frustrating cause shes so beautiful this era and shes feeling it again and i wanna see that in the videos.

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I guess it's just the record label the one that gives up after the first failure.

They pushed so far for MM, insisting so much with radio stations to play it, when they should've just given up back then and release a second single right away. It's like, they put all their effort in MM, didn't hit #1, scrap the whole album then.

If you think about it, Slumber Party wasn't even officially released as a single. The remix EP came out way after the music video, and it doesn't even include the standard version, so we can't call it the single.

Team Britney ****** up with MM from the beginning. From the botched video, AMA performance, album cover, etc. By the time it came out, it was already old news.

The era was over before it begun. The era deserved a multitude of singles! Other artists albums and singles have flopped worse, yet have still had multiple videos and singles cause the artist support their art,

What I'm trying to say is that despite what the label or team Britney says, if she had have wanted more videos, single or promo and actually believed in her work, she would have done it. 

3 minutes ago, BoomxBig said:

here it is

- put the best tracks on the deluxe album and the JAPANESE RELEASE to make anyone buy that edition = spend more money

- never release those songs as singles

Fixed it and I agree with you

I mean songs like "Mood Ring", "He About to Lose Me", "Selfish", "Get Back" and many more are often like the STAND OUT tracks (to me they are).

They wanted "Get back" as a single tho :( 

24 minutes ago, It'sSamB!tch said:

Fixed it and I agree with you

I mean songs like "Mood Ring", "He About to Lose Me", "Selfish", "Get Back" and many more are often like the STAND OUT tracks (to me they are).

They wanted "Get back" as a single tho :( 

THIS THIS THIS!
I still can't w/ Get Back. I know it's been a while but I'm still pissed about the treatment of Blackout era. I know it's been hugely influenced by the GP's idea of her during that time .. but damn it could have been a smash after smash. I secretly wish they would  re-release Blackout and let its' potential rise to the top. it still sounds fresh. 

They have changed their strategy after the FF era, they now hold a jar with 100 papers in it, and which piece as a different option on it, and what ever comes, it will be:

• Release 4 Singles, with promo and a world tour (1 Paper)
  • Release 3 Singles with promo but no tour (2 Paper)
  • Release 3 Singles with no promo or tour (2 Papers)
  • Release 2 Singles with promo but no tour (2 Paper)
  • Realese 2 Singles, with no promo or tour (3 Papers)
  • Release 2 Singles and Screw the first music video (45 Papers on it)
  • Release 2 singles and Screw the second music video (45 Papers on it)

The rest you know 

2 minutes ago, BoomxBig said:

THIS THIS THIS!
I still can't w/ Get Back. I know it's been a while but I'm still pissed about the treatment of Blackout era. I know it's been hugely influenced by the GP's idea of her during that time .. but damn it could have been a smash after smash. I secretly wish they would  re-release Blackout and let its' potential rise to the top. it still sounds fresh. 

tbh I feel Blackout sounds more fresh than Glory. Glory isn't groundbreaking or anything, I mean "Just Luv Me", "Liar", "Make Me" are all good and such but it's nothing new....it ain't fresh, JLM is Britney's "Good For You" (Selena)....Gimme More was and still is FRESH AF.:gimmemoar:

Afbeeldingsresultaat voor britney gimme more gif

2 minutes ago, It'sSamB!tch said:

tbh I feel Blackout sounds more fresh than Glory. Glory isn't groundbreaking or anything, I mean "Just Luv Me", "Liar", "Make Me" are all good and such but it's nothing new....it ain't fresh, JLM is Britney's "Good For You" (Selena)....Gimme More was and still is FRESH AF.:gimmemoar:

Afbeeldingsresultaat voor britney gimme more gif

I do love Glory, it's a nice change after Britney Jean. but let's be honest here - GM Instrumental?
and the whole dark theme around the album just makes it so much better!

Image result for gimme more gif britney

Archived