I hate when people automatically dismiss Britney because "her music isn't deep"

Vgameman2011

7 minutes ago, Crayboy said:

Hmm, I disagree halfway. A deep song doesnt' necessarily need to have a message about very deep issues as war for example, I believe you can turn a a song about shopping very deep

How did you end up with this interpretation, really curious..

in my opinion, she is talking about mental issues as anxiety, having somewhat of a negative opinion of herself

Sure, at first look it would seem that she is talking about love, and while I do agree that she to some degree is, the underlying theme and main message about the song points towards somewhat mental issues as histrionic attention disorder combined with some references to anxiety as well.

I agree with your interpretation, My favorite part:

Think I've been here before
I've turned some hearts into stone
And I can't hide it no more

:smokney:

How is this about ***?

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 minutes ago, PieceofBritney said:

I agree with your interpretation, My favorite part:

Think I've been here before
I've turned some hearts into stone
And I can't hide it no more

:smokney:

How is this about ***?

She's taken the **** before, she can't hide her love for it:meltdown:

• Super Mods
1 hour ago, Бри́тни Спирс said:

Everytime. - an emotional song with mediocre lyrics (the message is pretty clear, in your face, actually and the structure is nothing special, she does not deliever poetic lyrics). 

Shadow - a very weak song, actually. You included it on here because of its ambiguity? Just curious.

Tell Me - this is ridiculous, in fact. It's like half of Madonna's ROL. Full of lyrics that are meant to be deep but they actually have no deep meaning. 

Just Luv Me - the Luv in the title says it all. 

Blur - drunkness. 

JLM - getting cheated on.

Mood Ring - ***. 

Overprotected - lmfao

She is not an artist. And y'all will just deal with it. A deep song is not a song about any other thing but ***. She sings about *** (in a very shallow way) most of the time and when she releases a song that is not about *** you freak out and label it as "deep". A deep song makes you think about what the artist is telling you. Y'all can overlook into things and that's what you actually do but that does not mean her songs are truly like that. Take songs by Kate Bush, Bjork, Massive Attack, Tricky as examples. 

Let's say she does not have that "deep" factor. Ok, you either have it or don't. But she does not have other things like writing artistic lyrics either. Look at the type of stuff Mariah has in store. She sings about common themes, about love and heartbreaks and other things like that. At its peaks, her lyrics are poetry.

Britney is not and never was an artist. Exhale is like the only place where people even think of the possibility of her being an artist. The only place where her music is labeled as deep. 

Um so what your definition of art then? I guess this

2 hours ago, Бри́тни Спирс said:

Everytime. - an emotional song with mediocre lyrics (the message is pretty clear, in your face, actually and the structure is nothing special, she does not deliever poetic lyrics). 

Shadow - a very weak song, actually. You included it on here because of its ambiguity? Just curious.

Tell Me - this is ridiculous, in fact. It's like half of Madonna's ROL. Full of lyrics that are meant to be deep but they actually have no deep meaning. 

Just Luv Me - the Luv in the title says it all. 

Blur - drunkness. 

JLM - getting cheated on.

Mood Ring - ***. 

Overprotected - lmfao

She is not an artist. And y'all will just deal with it. A deep song is not a song about any other thing but ***. She sings about *** (in a very shallow way) most of the time and when she releases a song that is not about *** you freak out and label it as "deep". A deep song makes you think about what the artist is telling you. Y'all can overlook into things and that's what you actually do but that does not mean her songs are truly like that. Take songs by Kate Bush, Bjork, Massive Attack, Tricky as examples. 

Let's say she does not have that "deep" factor. Ok, you either have it or don't. But she does not have other things like writing artistic lyrics either. Look at the type of stuff Mariah has in store. She sings about common themes, about love and heartbreaks and other things like that. At its peaks, her lyrics are poetry.

Britney is not and never was an artist. Exhale is like the only place where people even think of the possibility of her being an artist. The only place where her music is labeled as deep. 

the hate is real, poor you:queenriri:

I agree, but an album 95% about *** (Like Glory) is TOO ***** MUCH. I mean, that's the only thing that I hate about the album. So I can kind of understand their criticism :nyschool:

But people who say that her music isn't meaningful is because they haven't really listened to her music. The ballads are beautiful and a lot of other songs have beautiful meanings. Why Should I Be Sad, Everytime, Stronger, Someday, Unsual You, All That She Wants, Just Yesterday and more...

1 hour ago, maquisl said:

I agree, but an album 95% about *** (Like Glory) is TOO ***** MUCH. I mean, that's the only thing that I hate about the album. So I can kind of understand their criticism :nyschool:

But people who say that her music isn't meaningful is because they haven't really listened to her music. The ballads are beautiful and a lot of other songs have beautiful meanings. Why Should I Be Sad, Everytime, Stronger, Someday, Unsual You, All That She Wants, Just Yesterday and more...

But I mean, Britney has been all about *** since her 3rd album, so... I'm not surprised that it's the main topic in Glory lol 

britney's music is all about **** and hangout with guys for people. so obviously she can't rise with young teenagers anymore. oly with gay guys, that's sad. but it's her fault for not going for something more public friendly. work ***** was her last song to reach the gp

23 hours ago, Vgameman2011 said:

But I mean, Britney has been all about *** since her 3rd album, so... I'm not surprised that it's the main topic in Glory lol 

Yeah, I know but with Glory I felt that it was to much. Like I said before, her image as always been all about ***, that's what she and her image sell to the GP,  but with her previous albums I still feel that I can relate with her songs and there are a LOT of meaningful songs. Even in Britney Jean there are better lyrics. I still love the album, but that's a big flaw.

It's what we are all talking in this topic. She sells *** but she has a lot of beautiful lyrics that the GP doesn't know, so they talk sh*** about her. And Glory's lyrics gave them a point. How many non-***-related songs Glory has? 3, 4? MOTM, JLM, IID, Liar, Just Luv Me according to some people. That's not good, even for Britney. Maybe it's been like that wiht all her albums, but idk, I felt that it was even worse with this album.

Archived