I don't understand how Work ***** is so well-known

Urbanney

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 4/22/2017 at 6:05 AM, Urbanney said:

The entire BJ era pretty much flopped, yet Work ***** has 250,000,000 views on YouTube and seems to be pretty well known by the GP. It didn't even chart that well or that long. Britney did more promo for Make Me and Glory. Make Me fit in very well with what was popular on the radio when it was released. It featured G-Eazy who's very current and "in" right now. And yet, Make Me only has 50,000,000 views, charted much worse, and doesn't seem to be known by anyone. 

I just don't understand. Theoretically, Make Me should've done as good as WB or better, and yet it did much worse. I just don't understand what made Work ***** so well known when BJ was technically a worse era and had less promo. I don't get it :ponderney: Can anyone else explain it?

On 22 april 2017 at 5:39 AM, ITZFFGL said:

Plus Work ***** is way more "Britney" than Make Me, thus having more staying power. I mean even to this day Ellen made "work *****" jokes in the mall skit. It's the same iconic synonymous effect as "oops!" when talking about Britney.

Sorry, what? Work ***** doesnt sound like a Britney song at all. I remember when it came out, people were complaining about it. Make Me is more of a Britney song than Work *****.

I also think that the music video plays a role if you compare the succes of the two song. Work ***** had an epic video, so it got way more streams. If Make Me had the original (epic) videoclip, it got way more streams then it has now and could have been a bigger hit.

Archived