What was the fans reaction to the first POM show in 2013?

noah fence

I wasn't a fan back then (I became a fan in 2015) and I'd like to know what the reaction was to the show when it first debuted

Was it positive? Was it negative? Were the fans having a meltdown at the wigs and costumes?

Were the fans saying 2003ney is back?

I'm just curious to know people's initial thoughts :forkit:

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

lol i was literally just watching opening night videos. i think the fact that it was something new and fresh had me very excited. there are some parts where the choreography looks sharper than now  (baby/oops medley) but there are also parts where she's improved, looks more fluid, doesn't look like she's thinking too much. Opening night, the show looked well put together with the themeing and the wigs. Looking at the show now, each act isn't cohesive with the looks. Her hair is always messy. Ugly wristbands. Even though she knows how to do her job now, It looks more like she's just showing up for the paycheck and doesn't care if they fire her because she can file for unemployment type of thing.

Even though I'm bashing it on the other thread, I do recognize it was exciting, because of what we had seen on IABJ, and at least was so much better than the FFT.

Starting with the setlist, I mean, Britney performing Lucky or Crazy after so many years was amazing, at least for me.

Also Break the Ice was a huge surprise, because the documentary said it was Hot as Ice the song in the setlist (I bet that was Larry :orangu:) so yeah, it was incredible that she was performing it for the first time, 6 years after it originally came out.

At the beginning the wigs made a little bit more sense, because it was a different wig for each number. It stopped making sense later in 2014 when she decided to use the worst one throughout the whole show without changing, or probably just the Circus one, but then it was the entire show (if she wasn't gonna change the wig anymore, why not just fix her real hair instead? :rude2me:). There were also painted abs, but overall I remember those early days being very exciting.

Also, people used to upload their videos straight to YouTube, the full songs, the very same night of the shows. I hate Instagram for taking over with its 15 seconds restriction, it's like people forgot YT exists  :overwhelm:

I think the biggest disappointments were Toxic choreo from the documentary not being there, and that the wigs were restricting her hairflips and bendings. My personal disappointment was Sometimes not being there :( lol Everything made it seem it was gonna be there, IABJ showed clips from the video, and then Britney in the interviews said like it was one of the most obnoxious to perform, as if she was performing it on POM, but she wasn't. :bpout:

As with everything, there were huge surprises - theblackout medley, the work ***** preofrmance - which everyone thought was amazing on opening night. Getting to see her preforming Crazy after so many years, and Lucky. 

Meltdowns were obviously because of the wigs, the horrible costumes and the painted abs. 

The Work ***** outfit was so incredibly unflattering since she wasn't in the shape that she's in now, and the painted abs, god-awful wigs and make-up did not help. I only really liked the MATM / Gimme More / Break the Ice section.  She danced well and looked good because she wore pants and a belly shirt. I still don't understand why her team doesn't get that that's the iconic Britney look and is the most flattering for her, not some stupid leotards and skintight suits (although those can look great when she has the body to pull them off, she didn't then). The show wasn't horrible, but we had our expectations pretty high after all the hype surrounding the making of the show and Britney killing the Toxic choreo which never made it into the show, etc. 

Archived