Glory - first listen (after the leak)

Alice X

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

When Glory leaked it was about 1 am where i lived and someone ended up getting the tracks put up on tumblr,the first song i heard was ''If I'm Dancing'' before i found out it leaked in full and i was ******* amazed.I ended up hearing the rest of the album and i can honestly say i loved every bit of it,although i do have to admit my heart ended up getting really excited about Glory when i actually had the physical copy in my hands,it felt like refreashing good memories.  

:unbelievableney:

Listened to it all the day it leaked and I absolutely loved it, especially after the disappointing Britney Jean and Femme Fatale. Liar was an instant favourite, I had it on repeat for most of the day after finishing the album. Also, Invitation, Just Luv Me and Love Me Down. I had the album on as much as I could until it finally was released on iTunes, at which point I deleted the leaks. 

My opinions have changed quite a bit since. I was originally declaring Glory as the final part of the trinity, until I saw the light, and realised that while Glory is great and one of her best works, it just cannot compare to the masterpieces that are In The Zone, Blackout and Britney. I also didn't really like Better on first listen and now it's my second favourite song on the album. 

I was so happy because the album released the month of my birthday, and for my 17th my mum had bought me and her tickets to see Britney in Vegas in september (I'm from the UK so it was such a huge thing for me :otears:) and I was listening to the album on the way to the airport, the plane and all the time we were in Vegas. August and September were the best couple months ever. I'm still shook. :pumped:

I was shook when I heard the leak. I normally wait until I get the physical but after BJ and the promo singles I heard, I needed to hear if it was a redemptation from BJ and it was.

I still love the album. Will remain one of my most played until June when 500 ppl are releasing their albums. 

On 8/23/2016 at 0:01 AM, Urbanney said:

• Love the "Yes or no, but no maybes. Not gonna beg, so don't make me." part in Invitation
  • Coupure Electrique's production is INSANE. The title definitely is fitting because it reminds me exactly of what Blackout 2.0 would sound like.
  • Just Luv Me is one of the best songs on the album hands down
  • Just Like Me is heartbreaking... "Heart's beating fast when I'm turning the key. I see you on your back, and I just can't believe she looks just like me."
  • Man on the Moon is the Heaven on Earth and Trip to Your Heart of the album
  • Clumsy is interesting, I guess... I don't really care for it
  • Do You Wanna Come Over reminds me of Over to You Now. It's very unique, experimental, and arguably one of the most "Britney" songs on the album
  • Hard to Forget Ya pre-chorus melody sounds so similar to another song that I can't remember the title of and the chorus reminds me of "Drink You Away" by Justin Timberlake
  • What You Need is a good showcase for her vocals but just don't really care for the song. Reminds me of something an overweight girl would sing (Adele, Duffy, Pitch Perfect, Glee). Sorry, no offense.
  • Her vocals on the album are amazing. It's so good to hear her show off her voice, experiment, and hear classic Britney vocals, breathy ITZ vocals, etc.
  • Overall production of the album is really high quality

Favorites: 

• Make Me
  • Private Show
  • Just Luv Me
  • Do You Wanna Come Over
  • Slumber Party

Lesser Favorites:

• Invitation
  • Just Like Me
  • Love Me Down
  • Better
  • Change Your Mind

Not really feeling it:

• Clumsy
  • Hard to Forget Ya
  • What You Need
  • Liar
  • If I'm Dancing

Undecided:

• Man on the Moon
  • Coupure Electrique

Honestly, I feel like there's only a few strong songs and that a lot of the album is kinda forgettable. None of the album is bad at all and it's definitely a huge improvement over Britney Jean. I love how much she's experimented, love the vocals, effort, and production. However, I don't really care that much for anything after Just Like Me, and even some of the songs before that I don't care much for. While all the songs are good, I just don't care that much for like half of them. Maybe I'll warm up to the rest eventually but right now, I only care to listen to a few songs over and over.

my exact post after first few listens ^^ I got down voted 5 times for it lol. most of it is actually still true for me today though. I still only listen to half of the album. Here are my rankings now:

Favorites:

• Invitation
  • Make Me
  • Just Luv Me
  • Slumber Party
  • Better
  • Mood Ring

Lesser Favorites:

• Do You Wanna Come Over?
  • Love Me Down
  • Change Your Mind

Occasional Listen:

• Just Like Me
  • Man on the Moon
  • If I'm Dancing

Not Really Feeling It/Usually skip:

• Private Show
  • Hard to Forget Ya
  • What You Need
  • Clumsy
  • Liar
  • Coupure Electrique

so, besides some of my preferences on the songs changing, what I initially thought pretty much stands true. kinda interesting :ponderney:

Archived