Fans hate when other people bring up 2007 however

none

What I find even more annoying is when fans praise the 'era' of Britney's breakdown as iconic. It's not iconic it was a time in her life where she wasn't in the best place and we should be grateful she's here now. But I completely agree, its been 10 years, I don't think its an excuse for how lazy she is about her career. If she doesn't want to be a popstar anymore then she probably should retire and live a happy life with her kids

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply
8 hours ago, Cappycorn87 said:

It's called growing up and becoming an adult

Happens to everyone

That's the thing though, she's not an adult. She turned into a child after the breakdown. She still acts like a little girl. It's weird. There are prob reasons for it - the c-ship, being overprotected, meds, mental illness, whatever it may be... but she didn't just grow up. People "grow up" and get more independent and get more confident I mean look at Madonna, Beyonce, Justin Timberlake ect. If anything your craft usually gets better and evolves more and Britney's hasn't.

At least more people understand what she was going through than now than they were at the time it was happening.

7 hours ago, korralations said:

On a side note, this is the worst gif I've ever seen. It's half a second long but has a whole paragraph for its caption???

Who made this mess? :nochillbrit:

Lol this might be an old Tumblr gif. Back than the file size limit was like 500 mb.

9 hours ago, puppylo16 said:

I'm not being a britard and defending her blindly. She worked hard and got to where she is because of it,  she talked about planning on slowing down her career in her heydays so she can focus on other things and she kept up to that word just like in that same time frame she said she would name her kid if it was a boy Preston. So it annoys the hell out of me when people are acting like because of the breakdown or conservatorship she is no fun anymore and shocked she isn't trying to be at the top like it's 1999. Even if all of that didn't happen, she would have still slow down her career and begin to dabble into more behind the scenes work because like she said during her prime, she can't see herself doing this forever.  Why can't she take a step back and actually enjoy what she has accomplished and why can't she be just make music because she wants to? It just seems like people are acting like Larry and ironically accuse her team of overworking her to her breaking point.

There's a difference between slowing your career down and not putting forth any effort.

Janet, for instance, has slowed her career down, but her *** gets on stage and gives 110% into her show and choreography when she has a show date/tour. Beyonce never gives interviews anymore, nor does she follow the traditional album promotional campaign anymore but when she tours or shows up at an awards show, you know you aren't gonna get half-assed anything. Same for Justin Timberlake and other decade-old acts.

Britney DOES NOT SHOW UP. Fans have to dig through Vegas clips to put together 30 second compilations of the rare moments Britney is "killing it". I'm pretty sure we'd PREFER Britney just TAKE A STEP BACK instead of going through the motions, but that's not what she's doing. If she wants to "just make music", then put out an album and stop getting on stage and just give us music videos. I think fans have a right to be annoyed.

5 hours ago, BOBIBCFBG said:

That's the thing though, she's not an adult. She turned into a child after the breakdown. She still acts like a little girl. It's weird. There are prob reasons for it - the c-ship, being overprotected, meds, mental illness, whatever it may be... but she didn't just grow up. People "grow up" and get more independent and get more confident I mean look at Madonna, Beyonce, Justin Timberlake ect. If anything your craft usually gets better and evolves more and Britney's hasn't.

I don't give a **** about Madonna, Beyonce or Justin

You don't know her or been around her but you think she acts like a little girl

How come the courts, same courts that gave her primary custody of her kids, don't think so?

On 4/18/2017 at 9:55 PM, Dark.Knight said:

it seems like they still use it as a clutch and justification for today. I'm not gonna start going into details of what I think Britney should or should not be doing, but if we want for other people to not dwell on 2007 Britney, neither should we.

Yes it was a bad time, yes it was terrible, however that was a decade ago and she's alive and well today. Let's stop the "we should be glad after what she's been through", she's not a disabled puppy; other humans have gone through worse and have come out strong as well (others unfortunately didn't) and I'm sure they wouldn't wanna be reminded every day either instead of being treated of who they are today. Concentrate on their artistry (or image, whatever suits you).

tumblr_o5q366psze1qdcxoeo1_500.gif

16 hours ago, DoSomething954 said:

I completely agree. Everyone here goes through phases of oh it's been 10 years, she's perfectly fine, she's a different person, it's been such a long time ago. But if some  other celebrity mentions 2007ney or head shaving or anything, it's omg shade, attack them, who does that to a mentally ill person, she's fragile. Or if she's not delivering artistically, that's the first thing ppl want to use as an excuse. Like I don't think you can't have it both ways.  And we'll never know what really happened during that time. She's still so different performance wise.

19 hours ago, Slave4Brit88 said:

There's a difference between showing empathy, understanding why her heart is not in it like it once was etc, and then people like Katy Perry bringing it up for no reason other than to take the piss out of her.

On 4/18/2017 at 11:23 PM, PokemonSpears said:

I do use it for what she does or not today, not as an excuse, but as a comparison. Because everyone loves to compare her to the peak of her career/artistry/whatever, and use that as an excuse to hate and bash everything she does (or not) nowadays. Why not compare her to her lowest point, so we can appreciate what she is, or where she is today? :beynah: I don't see what's wrong with that. :rude2me: I mean, I don't think one way or another is right or wrong, it's just the point of view each one wants to have, depending on how negative or how positive they wanna be.

Now, there's always a mixture between the personal and the professional aspects. For me she's so much better in both aspects today. Blackout was her worst album, GM and POM, her worst videos ever. VMA's 2007 and M+M "tour", her worst live performances. So yeah, we should be glad with what we have today after all those things her career has been through :yeaok:

she's a survivor. bottom line...

just enjoy the music. Image result for britney knee tapping gif

18 hours ago, Shadow. said:

What I find even more annoying is when fans praise the 'era' of Britney's breakdown as iconic. It's not iconic it was a time in her life where she wasn't in the best place and we should be grateful she's here now. But I completely agree, its been 10 years, I don't think its an excuse for how lazy she is about her career. If she doesn't want to be a popstar anymore then she probably should retire and live a happy life with her kids

Right. The Blackout era is not iconic. It's infamous because it gained notoriety for all the wrong reasons. 

10 hours ago, ITZFFGL said:

There's a difference between slowing your career down and not putting forth any effort.

Janet, for instance, has slowed her career down, but her *** gets on stage and gives 110% into her show and choreography when she has a show date/tour. Beyonce never gives interviews anymore, nor does she follow the traditional album promotional campaign anymore but when she tours or shows up at an awards show, you know you aren't gonna get half-assed anything. Same for Justin Timberlake and other decade-old acts.

Britney DOES NOT SHOW UP. Fans have to dig through Vegas clips to put together 30 second compilations of the rare moments Britney is "killing it". I'm pretty sure we'd PREFER Britney just TAKE A STEP BACK instead of going through the motions, but that's not what she's doing. If she wants to "just make music", then put out an album and stop getting on stage and just give us music videos. I think fans have a right to be annoyed.

This. Ppl really think just because Britney doesn't want to be hounded by paps that she can just not perform well. That logic makes no sense. She can not want to be #1 and still put in effort. 

9 hours ago, Cappycorn87 said:

How come the courts, same courts that gave her primary custody of her kids, don't think so?

Not to jump in but I don't think she has primary custody. She still has visitation rights, no? How could she legally have custody in a c-ship? 

9 hours ago, Cappycorn87 said:

You don't care about other artists who evolve and strengthen their craft? Ok lol I mean Britney did the opposite but if you don't care that's good for you. It's not a secret that Britney acts like a child - listen to any interview she's given since 2008.

And actually if we're bringing the courts into this, she's a 35-year old woman who's been in a conservatorship for 9 years. So, her entire life is pretty much controlled by her dad. She has an allowance for ****'s sake. You must not understand how all of this works. It's great that she got primary custody of her kids 2 years ago - that means the courts deemed her a fit parent (keep in mind courts almost never take away kids from their moms ever) which she probably is. I'm sure she's responsible enough and all to have her kids back. But when she does interviews she becomes a child. You should watch her interviews sometime.

1 hour ago, BOBIBCFBG said:

You don't care about other artists who evolve and strengthen their craft? Ok lol I mean Britney did the opposite but if you don't care that's good for you. It's not a secret that Britney acts like a child - listen to any interview she's given since 2008.

And actually if we're bringing the courts into this, she's a 35-year old woman who's been in a conservatorship for 9 years. So, her entire life is pretty much controlled by her dad. She has an allowance for ****'s sake. You must not understand how all of this works. It's great that she got primary custody of her kids 2 years ago - that means the courts deemed her a fit parent (keep in mind courts almost never take away kids from their moms ever) which she probably is. I'm sure she's responsible enough and all to have her kids back. But when she does interviews she becomes a child. You should watch her interviews sometime.

She realeased Glory which is great music along the lines of strengthen your craft

You say she acts like a child but she has primary custody of her kids and handles her  day to day responsibilities

I don't speak on her conservatorship because I don't speak on things that are sealed off from the public

1 hour ago, DoSomething954 said:

Not to jump in but I don't think she has primary custody. She still has visitation rights, no? How could she legally have custody in a c-ship? 

She has primary custody which was announced in her Billboard interview in 2015

Archived