Fans hate when other people bring up 2007 however

none

it seems like they still use it as a clutch and justification for today. I'm not gonna start going into details of what I think Britney should or should not be doing, but if we want for other people to not dwell on 2007 Britney, neither should we.

Yes it was a bad time, yes it was terrible, however that was a decade ago and she's alive and well today. Let's stop the "we should be glad after what she's been through", she's not a disabled puppy; other humans have gone through worse and have come out strong as well (others unfortunately didn't) and I'm sure they wouldn't wanna be reminded every day either instead of being treated of who they are today. Concentrate on their artistry (or image, whatever suits you).

tumblr_o5q366psze1qdcxoeo1_500.gif

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply
14 minutes ago, DMVofficial said:

I agree she doesn't want to be reminded, but we can't just act like it never happened. It made us all so much more appreciative to Britney and made her so much more relatable and more human than we previously perceived. 

tumblr_ln0scjAXUH1qdqlhzo1_500.gif

oh i agree on a personal level, it's always a good reminder of her Britney a strong person.. most people wouldn't have handled it.

1 hour ago, Million Billion said:

I always bring that up when it comes to expresisng how bad it was, but just that.

I never use it as an excuse for the things she does or doesn't do now. 

I do use it for what she does or not today, not as an excuse, but as a comparison. Because everyone loves to compare her to the peak of her career/artistry/whatever, and use that as an excuse to hate and bash everything she does (or not) nowadays. Why not compare her to her lowest point, so we can appreciate what she is, or where she is today? :beynah: I don't see what's wrong with that. :rude2me: I mean, I don't think one way or another is right or wrong, it's just the point of view each one wants to have, depending on how negative or how positive they wanna be.

Now, there's always a mixture between the personal and the professional aspects. For me she's so much better in both aspects today. Blackout was her worst album, GM and POM, her worst videos ever. VMA's 2007 and M+M "tour", her worst live performances. So yeah, we should be glad with what we have today after all those things her career has been through :yeaok:

i mean its a legit thing there has been a clear difference since her breakdown so as sad and terrible as it was, there's still a big mystery surrounding it that her fans don't fully understand. we are so confused with why after 10 years later she's still so different. 

1 hour ago, PokemonSpears said:

Now, there's always a mixture between the personal and the professional aspects. For me she's so much better in both aspects today. Blackout was her worst album, GM and POM, her worst videos ever. VMA's 2007 and M+M "tour", her worst live performances. So yeah, we should be glad with what we have today after all those things her career has been through :yeaok:

You're one of the bravest people on here to express those kind of words about BO, everyone's holy Britney bible.
I agree about the videos and performances tho.. but honestly BO and circus I can listen to even though they feel like a post Britney Spears kind of Britney.. everything after has been the worst and doesnt even make me think I'm listening to the Britney Spears.:otears:

10 hours ago, Dark.Knight said:

it seems like they still use it as a clutch and justification for today. I'm not gonna start going into details of what I think Britney should or should not be doing, but if we want for other people to not dwell on 2007 Britney, neither should we.

Yes it was a bad time, yes it was terrible, however that was a decade ago and she's alive and well today. Let's stop the "we should be glad after what she's been through", she's not a disabled puppy; other humans have gone through worse and have come out strong as well (others unfortunately didn't) and I'm sure they wouldn't wanna be reminded every day either instead of being treated of who they are today. Concentrate on their artistry (or image, whatever suits you).

tumblr_o5q366psze1qdcxoeo1_500.gif

tenor.gif

9 hours ago, BOBIBCFBG said:

i mean its a legit thing there has been a clear difference since her breakdown so as sad and terrible as it was, there's still a big mystery surrounding it that her fans don't fully understand. we are so confused with why after 10 years later she's still so different. 

I agree. There's a direct correlation that we can't deny. So it should be a relevant part of the conversation. Whether or not we like it. 

I completely agree. Everyone here goes through phases of oh it's been 10 years, she's perfectly fine, she's a different person, it's been such a long time ago. But if some  other celebrity mentions 2007ney or head shaving or anything, it's omg shade, attack them, who does that to a mentally ill person, she's fragile. Or if she's not delivering artistically, that's the first thing ppl want to use as an excuse. Like I don't think you can't have it both ways.  And we'll never know what really happened during that time. She's still so different performance wise.

10 hours ago, BOBIBCFBG said:

It's called growing up and becoming an adult

Happens to everyone

6 hours ago, BraveGraphics said:

Not an excuse but more like what has/still going on, people bring that up because they're curious of what is going on behind the scenes since Britney's life wasn't always private.

Britney life has always been private

She's never been an open book

She speaks on what she wants to speak on

10 hours ago, PokemonSpears said:

God it is so refreshing to see someone else not romanticizing Blackout

I remember watching Gimme more thinking "what is this trashy mess" and laughing when "blonde" Britney in that horrific wig was laughing at ******** pole Britney. The piece of me video was the introduction of her awkward dancing. The bathroom "choreo" was so cheap and her shots in the fur piece "dancing" were ridiculous. And then the animated break the ice was a joke but I was somewhat grateful we didn't have to see her being tragic. The entire era was a hot mess.

Well fans will hate others who bring her 2007 time when they used as a dig for her alleged mental illness. Katy Perry and BBC are the last two examples that I could remember

We never know what have happened behind Brit's closed door but as of today she IS still in a conservatorship. If she is "truly fine and OK", she should not be put in that situation. I always believe that this conservatorship truly has something to do with Lazyney and awkwardney that we get today at some extents. I know she seem to be alive and happy but I don't think she is 100% recover (for now) and has her heart like she used to for her music career

1 hour ago, DoSomething954 said:

I completely agree. Everyone here goes through phases of oh it's been 10 years, she's perfectly fine, she's a different person, it's been such a long time ago. But if some  other celebrity mentions 2007ney or head shaving or anything, it's omg shade, attack them, who does that to a mentally ill person, she's fragile. Or if she's not delivering artistically, that's the first thing ppl want to use as an excuse. Like I don't think you can't have it both ways.  And we'll never know what really happened during that time. She's still so different performance wise.

:staysalty:

• Super Mods

People think it's an excuse but people also forgot that a lot of things lead her down that path and majority of it was her career. You can't deny that she worked hard and was basically a cattle. When people are bitching about how lazy she is now and how she doesn't seem motivated now compared to before because sales are low and she's not in your face everywhere like before, well she did all that back then and always just coped with it and that lead her to be a ticking time bomb ending with her breaking down. She just kept working and working. Not to mention going through that as a teen where you are still developing and going through that awkward stage in your life, it's conflicting on its own let alone being expected to meet a demanding career. You can't deny she achieved a lot that even artist nowadays are still trying to do so of course she would break down and of course it would make sense now that she would chose to take a step back and it would make sense she isn't motivated as before because she dealt with a lot at such a young age when kids her age are worried about just trying to get into a good school.

I'm not being a britard and defending her blindly. She worked hard and got to where she is because of it,  she talked about planning on slowing down her career in her heydays so she can focus on other things and she kept up to that word just like in that same time frame she said she would name her kid if it was a boy Preston. So it annoys the hell out of me when people are acting like because of the breakdown or conservatorship she is no fun anymore and shocked she isn't trying to be at the top like it's 1999. Even if all of that didn't happen, she would have still slow down her career and begin to dabble into more behind the scenes work because like she said during her prime, she can't see herself doing this forever.  Why can't she take a step back and actually enjoy what she has accomplished and why can't she be just make music because she wants to? It just seems like people are acting like Larry and ironically accuse her team of overworking her to her breaking point.

Archived