Britney's Prime Came Early, The Last Decade Has Been Wasted

IconicShow

2007-

Amazing album Blackout, Poor video and performance for Gimme More. POM Britney admitted herself she was shocked it won VMA's saying shes done far better videos.

Britney's troubles didn't allow her to go on tour for this album, release 4 singles nor let this masterpiece shine due to the tabloid frenzy.

xpTXoCB.gif

2008-2009

BRITNEY_SPEARS_052809_10-4.jpg

Top of the year Britney is still going through her troubles, but musters up an album considered her comeback "Circus".

With the exception of the album doing well with WOMANIZER being a hit, the rest of the videos weren't as great.

Radar being used as the 4th single from Blackout, with Director Dave Meyers idea to not have Britney dance in the video made both the old song single and video release lackluster.

Britney finally goes on tour and many fans were disappointed that no  huge screens were displayed to see Britney.

Many fans also call this the walkney tour with fans in Australia walking out due to the Lip-Synching.

2009-2010

Britney partners with Candie's.

4d27ad71c005870fc623f5574068f561.jpg

2011-2012

Britney released Femme Fatale again a great album however the videos weren't her best and Britney delivering some of her worst dancing ever.

brit-dance.giftumblr_m6sv5fgjnM1qhdl78o1_500.gif

From a body double in the TTWE video, and I wanna go she didn't dance also in HIAM product placement was the star.

Britney joins the X-Factor, between her anxiety, co-workers saying she can't hold a conversation and Britney allegedly wearing an ear piece to be fed what to say to the contestants.

Britney quits the show after one season and stuns fans by not performing on the X-Factor finale.

One highlight from the show was hearing acapellaney doing "Happy Birthday"

After 2004 Britney's live vocals have become almost completely gone.

britneyfox-x-wide-community.jpg

2013-2014

Britney sparks excitement over a new album hinting it be more urban, in the end Will I Am took control over the album and it was her biggest flop of all her albums up until this time.

With rumors of Myah Marie doing most of the singing on the album, to the WB video being a carbon copy of another to the Perfume video being cut to shreads.

This era was so bad only 2 singles were released and Britney did very little promo for this album.

Britney announces POM residency in Las Vegas and doesn't perform anything from BJ until that show.

With spray on abs, to drag queen make up to the wigs and bad costumes, lip synching and lack luster dancing fans and the media were dragging Britney.

britney-spears-william-.jpg

2015-

Britney releases a song called "Pretty Girls" Featuring Iggy. The song and video both a flop with Britney sitting in the audience at the BBMA's watching her pre taped performance.

With Iggy throwing shade about the single flopping claiming shes just featured and it's hard to send a song up the charts with no promo.

Even saying does she "have to lick the woman's ***" From the bad acting in the video to the poor dance routine yet again this was a waste.

los-kilitos-de-mas-de-britney-spears-en-

2016-

Glory is released and mirrors Blackout, it has more urban teas and didn't get to reach it's full potential.

Between the Make Me video re shot video mess, to Slumber Party flopping this album was Britney's 2nd studio album to only produce two singles.

Once again the dancing was lackluster, the choreography reverting back to armney and introducing kneetapney.

This incredible album bombs on the charts and is Britney's lowest selling album ever.

1024full-glory-(deluxe-version)-%5Bexpli

2017-

Britney will continue POM for the year without singing one live note since being there for many years now.

Nothing seems to change with team Britney open to another show in Vegas.

Now 35 Britney seems to have wasted a decade of potential greatness.

Screen-Shot-2016-02-16-at-7.52.17-PM.jpg

Who knows what Britney has in store in the future with her albums, live singing, dancing, promotions and appearances on talk shows more, but if the last decade is any indication on how things have been will this be like the Pretty Girls Lyric "Somethings don't change"

• Replies 139
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I agree with you. It makes me so sad how the best years of Britney's career have been wasted due to bad career choices and Britney's lack of artistic involvement. Now is the time for her to show the world why she's a pop legend and in the same league as Madonna, MJ, The Beatles, etc. and she's wasting it.

7 minutes ago, BraveNewSeth said:

I agree with you. It makes me so sad how the best years of Britney's career have been wasted due to bad career choices and Britney's lack of artistic involvement. Now is the time for her to show the world why she's a pop legend and in the same league as Madonna, MJ, The Beatles, etc. and she's wasting it.

mte it's go time, fingers crossed album 10 will be great and she will tour for it and really give us an amazing era. So much time has been wasted.

Of course it looks awful compared to the previous decade, but you're just focusing on the negative aspects. 

It's funny because you precisely start to count from 2007 onward. Back then I would've never imagined Britney being able to pull something like the FFT, even less what she's doing nowadays. So that's what I see, a slow progression in her personality, confidence, appearance, performance level, since her breakdown.

At the end of the day, the only step backward, to put it in some way, was from Circus to FF, but I think that improvement we saw in Circus wasn't real, not that it wasn't real, but it was like an illusion, a perfect illusion. She was clearly not ready, and that's why she fell down again. But from 2011, every year she's gotten better (and better). 

And btw, no one, but Exhale was talking bad about POM at the beginning. It always had good reviews, and it had just gotten better each year. 

There's been lots of wasted opportunities of course, like Tom's Diner, a performance of S&S on the X Factor, WB performance at the vma's or GMA, etc. But I think they've just changed their priorities. 

At least she still makes music and great music at that unlike some other artists *cough* Xtina *cough* :queenriri:

Plus she is going on tour in 2017 so that should give you hope on her potential. I wouldn't say the last decade was completely wasted since we got 4 great albums out of the 5 that were released. Plus in 2016 her dancing was anything but lackluster. It was great and showed that she improved as seen from the BBMA performance and POM 2.0.

You're making it out to seem like we haven't gotten anything good in the past 10 years which is completely untrue. Be a little more grateful she even is still in the music industry after what happened in 2007 and how it almost ruined her.

39 minutes ago, PokéSpears said:

Of course it looks awful compared to the previous decade, but you're just focusing on the negative aspects. 

It's funny because you precisely start to count from 2007 onward. Back then I would've never imagined Britney being able to pull something like the FFT, even less what she's doing nowadays. So that's what I see, a slow progression in her personality, confidence, appearance, performance level, since her breakdown.

At the end of the day, the only step backward, to put it in some way, was from Circus to FF, but I think that improvement we saw in Circus wasn't real, not that it wasn't real, but it was like an illusion, a perfect illusion. She was clearly not ready, and that's why she fell down again. But from 2011, every year she's gotten better (and better). 

And btw, no one, but Exhale was talking bad about POM at the beginning. It always had good reviews, and it had just gotten better each year. 

There's been lots of wasted opportunities of course, like Tom's Diner, a performance of S&S on the X Factor, WB performance at the vma's or GMA, etc. But I think they've just changed their priorities. 

Negative aspects?

Didn't I mention how great the albums were with the exception of BJ?

This is more about missed opportunity, wasted time and now that shes 35 things haven't changed.

We all hoped after Circus the comeback video wise, performance and dance wise or even a live vocal here and there would happen.

I get Britney says she has nothing to prove, that's fine but why tarnish the legacy if she can't give her all?

I think as  britney fan from the beginning it's definitely hard to believe her best years only lasted a short amount of time, and for the past decade ppl are still wanting her to be that. Especially because I believe she has so much untapped potential. But now she's getting older and probably doesn't care as much about that. 

1 minute ago, DoSomething954 said:

I think as  britney fan from the beginning it's definitely hard to believe her best years only lasted a short amount of time, and for the past decade ppl are still wanting her to be that. Especially because I believe she has so much untapped potential. But now she's getting older and probably doesn't care as much about that. 

Thanks for understanding I did a thread of all the amazing things that shes done in the last 10 years.

However the performances, dance, and no live singing, lack of promotions and videos is frustrating.

She wants more kids as well sorry not sorry but I want one more amazing full force Britney era.

Just now, corksoaker said:

Some people can't handle the truth.

I see that, I have yet to see one of the people who commented show me where I lied in the OP.

Forgive me for knowing that so much time has wasted and it's now or never in the next 5 years.

1 hour ago, Kiiddy said:

Really?

Another one of these threads... but now in a timeline? Ok...   :byebitch:

What's tragic is Britney may end up doing a new show in Vegas and under the control over her dad. That just sucks.

Archived