Why Slumber Party video flopped in views?

IndieBritFan

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply
9 hours ago, blissfuloutsider said:

it didnt flop **** off...

a flop is a million views or less now go eat ****. so sick of these flop fans y'all I'm sick of being quiet!!! :staysalty:

An official Britney Spears video is never going to stall with 1M views. She has higher standards for success. stupid post.

50k/day is a big flop for a popstar video in the age of streaming.

reported for the nastiness in your post

"Slumber Party" was a good choice for a second single of "Glory". 

It flopped for many reasons :

- "Make Me" flopped, and to have a successful single when the first one didn't succeed, it's even more harder.

- The lack of promotion. Many people don't even know she released an album.

- Britney. Let's be honest, if it was an Ariana's or  Fifth Harmony's song, the song would have been a hit. The main problem is Britney, she's 35, a mother, 20 years of carrer,  and she's doing exactly what all of the young pop stars are doing to be successful. But the teenagers prefer the young pop stars. 

She needs a real reinvention, to be taken seriously. An artistic album, a mature album. 

Guest Diamond Horse
12 hours ago, ShadowTriumph said:

slumber party was a poor single choice. Y'all can say whatever you want but CYM with a killer music video would have exploded in views. I've been saying it since day one slumber party should have never been a single 

Yes, CYM has more catchiness in it.

Let's be real, the song is good but not stellar, the video is great but the dancing could be better and these scenes are shot with a terrible lighting.

I think we all really like this video because it is way better than the Make Me... one and some scenes are amazing (especially the first one). :tbh:

6 hours ago, SonOfSun said:

"Slumber Party" was a good choice for a second single of "Glory". 

It flopped for many reasons :

- "Make Me" flopped, and to have a successful single when the first one didn't succeed, it's even more harder.

- The lack of promotion. Many people don't even know she released an album.

- Britney. Let's be honest, if it was an Ariana's or  Fifth Harmony's song, the song would have been a hit. The main problem is Britney, she's 35, a mother, 20 years of carrer,  and she's doing exactly what all of the young pop stars are doing to be successful. But the teenagers prefer the young pop stars. 

She needs a real reinvention, to be taken seriously. An artistic album, a mature album. 

it wasn't a good choice at all :dontlike: two mid-tempos in a row? she should have chosen an uptempo song for the second single

1 minute ago, Poe Dameron said:

Yes, it flopped... chantaje released on the same day has one billion views now.. so...

Ppl are in denial. 

All these other artists keep their names fresh to the young generation. Britney gave up promo and exposure and its shows. It truly does...

It literally doesn't matter what song she chose, it was never going to do well. 

Britney has hidden in Vegas for 4 years. She didn't promote a single since TTWE until 1 performance of PG and the  Make Me. There is only so long you can rely on your name to sell. How would anyone know it's a single, she barely spoke about it.

Glory was a supposed artistic album with less production effects and yet she still lip synced and had uninspiring, **** routines and videos. She needed to completely overhaul her image with a Glory for the GP to take note.

Yes it's an awesome video and I love the song, but you need more than that. You need to connect to an audience and get them to buy into your brand and Britney hasn't done that in years. It's sad when the quality of her music has improved big time, but Im also not surprised.

Archived