What is Britney's worst career (not personal) decision?

celebration2009

5 hours ago, Jeffrey said:

When DWAD Tour was planned, Jive selected Pepsi as a sponsor for the tour insted of the Clear Channel which owned majority of radio stations in the US. They were so pissed off that they blacklisted her - no radios played her music from 2001 to 2004 (Slave to Toxic), so her sales and charting were negatively affected. Though she still managed to sell well worldwide, with airplay in the US she would slay the world.

They weren't only mad cuz they chose someone else , they were actually going to make the deal ,but they balled out at the last moment , that's why they were so pissed.

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The worst thing is that she keeps on slaughtering her career and name. She is known and remembered for being a performer who blew everyone away. No one cared that she didn't sing live. Now, when all she does is walk across the stage, touch her hair and tap her knee, people get bored. That's when you are expected to either sing you *** of or dance for your life. 

In my opinion, she should either do it 100% or not do it at all, but don't destroy your image. If she continues like this she will be remembered as the amazing girl who had a breakdown and ended up running across the stage in Vegas. Is that really a way to end an iconic career? 

Sometimes when I watch her old performances I wonder how 1999-2003 and Currentney even are the same person.

5 minutes ago, FeedTheStans said:

The worst thing is that she keeps on slaughtering her career and name. She is known and remembered for being a performer who blew everyone away. No one cared that she didn't sing live. Now, when all she does is walk across the stage, touch her hair and tap her knee, people get bored. That's when you are expected to either sing you *** of or dance for your life. 

In my opinion, she should either do it 100% or not do it at all, but don't destroy your image. If she continues like this she will be remembered as the amazing girl who had a breakdown and ended up running across the stage in Vegas. Is that really a way to end an iconic career? 

Sometimes when I watch her old performances I wonder how 1999-2003 and Currentney even are the same person.

This. I'm sick of seeing her destroy her legacy and career.

- not trying to prove her talent more

- xfactor

- pretty girls/working with iggy

- not releasing Toxic as the first single of in the zone

- not releasing more videos from her albums and not kind of making the most of it all

- plenty of huge missed opportunies when it comes to single releases, couldve given her a cv that proved to the GP how varied and talented she actually is 

- gimme more vma

- britney jean/working with will i am for that album

- wrong promo choices

pff there are way more

Britney has had such an amazing career over the last (almost) 20 years with so many pathbreaking and iconic moments that will last forever in music history. Like with any superstar there are the greatest of highs but some lows along the way too and Britney has faced her fair share both personally and professionally. Of course this thread is only focussing on the latter so find below a list of Britney's biggest professional errors according to me... 

- the reality series  Britney & Kevin: Chaotic 

- the 2007 "Gimme More" MTV Video Music Awards performance 

- "Gimme More" music video 

- "Break The Ice" music video 

- The M+M's Tour 

- the "Femme Fatale" tour 

- judging on The X Factor USA

- creating "Britney Jean" to a substandard  level and not promoting it sufficiently enough

- releasing a boring version of "Perfume" music video 

- releasing the uninspired "Pretty Girls" single

- releasing a basic and uninspired video for "Make Me" 

- lack of live performances to promote the "Glory" album campaign 

- lack of single realeases from "Glory" 

- not putting enough emphasis on creative and inspiring choreography during the "Piece of Me" and "Glory" era

Definitely britney Jean - and hears the thing it's not a bad album at all, it's just that britney before that point always came out with something different, bj was just femme fatales less attractive cousin. The album could have been camoed and sold well if it was not marketed as a personal album. It lacked a little dept when it came to that. 

Ohh la la

& pretty girls was the final nail in the coffin. 

3 small mistakes really changed the way ppl started to look at her. 

But at the end of the day she's britney spears and forever Will be, and this industry one day u on top and the next u at the bottom, she may not be at any peak at the moment but if there's anything I've learnt from her and I know she inspires so many people out there is her willingness and fighting spirit. She never gives up nor is she a quitter, and I know she will see a great high once again and reclaim her throne that these basic ******* out there are currently fighting for. 

• 1 year later...
On 4/15/2017 at 3:12 PM, Dark.Knight said:

- VMA 2007

- over sexualization during ITZ

- no real breaks before or after Circus

- Glory era

- POM extension (should have finished by 2016 while it was still hot)

- BJ - the final product and era

- releasing Outrageous instead of BOM or TOMH

- over sexualization still in grown adulthood. like people have stated above, it worked 10+ years ago, i wish she and her team would focus more on the artistry

- VMA 2016

- not performing Make Me at the 2016 BBMAs

- will.i.am

etc

Agree with the Outrageous release! Horrible song, cheesy lyrics. Why they would choose this over BOM is beyond me. 

I actually think that it’s releasing Britney Jean. She clearly wasn’t feeling it. If she’d scrapped it (but released WB, Perfume and Alien as singles), the. Glory could’ve been marketed as a comeback album. That way it’d be more important for it to sell well, because they’d previously only had Number One Albums (minus BO but that still went to No. 2). Then her team/RCA would have put more effort into promotion. It’d decide whether or not her career would continue and it’d be RCA’s first album, so they’d have to try and live up to her legacy. She would like the music more (more creative control) and so she’d probably be more into a lot of promotion.

If it sold better then I think word of mouth could carry it to being really successful, because people would be impressed by the music (it’s some of her best work). Then we’d probably be getting B10 soon and we might not be getting another residency.

Guest Arckangel

Not making it clear she actually sings live. She insists she does, but most of the time, it just doesn't sound like it. All she has to do is insist her sound engineers turn up her mic loud enough, and then—sing! (Backing track or not.) And she should then watch the footage and make sure her live vocals were heard.

• Honestly someday, I hope that Britney sing in acoustic "He about  to lose me, Trip to your heart and Inside out".
  • Reality show with parasite 
  • Pepsi banneo 
  • Will.i.am and Britney Jean.
  • POM(all his production from the costumes through choreographies)
  • In the era in the zone  not release BOM and TOMH the singles .
  • Do not release Original Doll
  • Want to continue selling a sexualized image 
  • This although it sounds vain it hurts me that is not taken care of, that it does not put on good makeup and does not have a good current styling.
  • Abuse the playback 
  • That does not show artistically .
  • What Hurts me most that She has not recorded a duet with Michael Jackson (My heart would have been incredibly happy watching the two best dancers in the industry ,Two authentic scenic animals )
  • That Larry is obsessed with Ray the light but he does not let it advance creatively and never support his decisions, so he will never have a ray the light .
  • Before the goodbye no single in the era Britney 
  • Vma 2016
  • Vma 2007(it was his chance to silence mouths)
  • That is stuck artistically ,creatively and psychologically that does not try to grow and be ambitious just for fear.
  • His taste for men and put it thought their eyes and mix in their professional lives and be dependent and too generous with them .
  • Sure there are many but right now I only remember these.
Guest Gaymanizer

- Putting songs recorded exclusively for Crossroads to Britney album instead, scrapping songs like 'Bring Me Home'.

- Breathe on Me & (I Got That) Boom Boom not released as singles. :wontcry:

- The Original f**king Doll not released.

- Marrying Jason & Kevin :tiffsniffle:

- Scrapping State of Grace.

- The Circus Tour not having its DVD release. :nochillbrit:

- Britney Jean

The 'clean' Make Me music video

And not promoting album/singles like she always do. ;)

Chaotic (ruined her image) 

X-Factor 

2018 Vmas (the me myself should have been LIVE atleast) 

Letting a backup singer finish your album cause your too busy preparing for Vegas(Thats beyond unforgivable, not sure how the music business and fans let them get away with that) 

Live singing or even trying to make it seem live with precorded vocals

Cosmetic surgery 

Never using the full range of her voice

Not Taking a long break after 2007 and coming back as an artist with something to say

Not hiring professionals to dress up, give her fresh ideas in terms of upcoming musical trends

Scrapping

Pretty Girls

Not making a video for S&M

Not releasing BOM 

Archived