What is Britney's worst career (not personal) decision?

celebration2009

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Her worst decision besides getting married twice in a row.... is ******* around before  the 2007 VMAS  and ruining her flawless performance streak. :sobbing:
Second would be leaking the Mannequin choreo that was literally everything we needed for her comeback...but it was nowhere to be seen come Circus era....

And then obviously Chaotic, XFactor, Will.I.Am, Iggy and scrapping Make Me original...

But honestly the absolute WORST decision that she didn't do was to record an actual song with Michael before he passed... that would have been great. They were amazing together in that performance. :tiffanycries:

Spoiler

Does anyone have an audio file for the MJ and Brit performance because I need it right now immediately PLEASE.

- Not release Boom Boom as a single

- Only did animated video for Break the Ice

- Released Radar twice as a single, when song like Unusual You could have been a great single choice

- Letting Larry (he's the EP) messing with Circus' main track listing where he left out some of the great cuts as bonus tracks (Amnesia, Phonography, Quicksand)

- the whole Make Me original video mess

- Petty Gorilla 

- Getting too ****** too quickly. I LOVE Slave but it was too great of a detour from her previous releases. In the Zone imo was also too ******. She lost a lot of young followers during this time. She should have done a full sensual album during Blackout era

- Abandoning Glory 

Probably her regression after Blackout. I love Circus and Glory, but I do feel (to some degree) that there was a continued overemphasis on Britney as an object of ****** desire and this took a toll on her artistry in the long run. It worked when she was younger because it complimented her dancing skills and made for some controversy factor (eg: VMA 2000) but if we take a look at 2008 to 2017, the evolution has been very minimal. It's more of her team's decision than hers but it saddens me: I think Britney could have shown a lot of artistic growth if she  

• was allowed to experiment (this finally happened with Glory so I hope it continues)
  • could have gone ahead with personal concepts like Mona Lisa 
  • went back to singing with her natural voice 
  • was marketed as an artist as much as she is marketed as a 'brand'

Blackout / Circus : Rushing the release of Circus while Blackout had more potential to be more successful era, more singles from Blackout would've made a great impact (Get Naked, Freakshow, Ooh Ooh Baby) along with Radar, Break the ice & Gimme More should've been released as singles. Circus should've not happened anyways I always think of it as an extension for Blackout because it had a lot of fillers tbh, with that being said she should've released Circus in the late 2009 under Blackout (Something like the fame monster EP) with only (Circus, IYSA, Trouble, 3, Mannequin & Unusual You).

FF / BJ : FF Should have been released in 2012 IMO, yes it is a great pop album however it doesn't sound like a Britney album at all. But it was a successful era regardless, I have nothing against all the singles and I do believe it deserved more singles though (Inside out, how I roll, HATLM) should have been released. As for BJ I am really not here for this album at all. Britney should've just released few standalone singles from that project (Alien, Work *****, Perfume) and that would be it ... just singles and no album.

Pretty Girls / Tom's Diner : PG should've never happend (preiod), TD deserved a video yet she missed the opportunity of this flawless song IMO.

ITZ : this album deserved more singles IMO (BOM, TOMH, Showdown)

Guest Nick Jonas

Scrapping the Make Me video wrecked the whole Glory era. And the mess of the replacement video, I will never forgive her team. :wannadie:

3 hours ago, Barbie Spears said:

Probably her regression after Blackout. I love Circus and Glory, but I do feel (to some degree) that there was a continued overemphasis on Britney as an object of ****** desire and this took a toll on her artistry in the long run. It worked when she was younger because it complimented her dancing skills and made for some controversy factor (eg: VMA 2000) but if we take a look at 2008 to 2017, the evolution has been very minimal. It's more of her team's decision than hers but it saddens me: I think Britney could have shown a lot of artistic growth if she  

• was allowed to experiment (this finally happened with Glory so I hope it continues)

Circus is one of her least ****** albums and BO being one of her most ****** albums.

IDK, this one though cause there are a LOT of bad career decisions, but things like no Onyx and Circus tour DVD's are probably because of managers and record labels not willing to release them. I don't think britney has got much say in it... + I remember at the time with the circus tour DVD, there were copyright issues. Radar as a Circus single was because the CONTRACTUALLY HAD to release it as a single.

but the worst career decisions by Britney HERSELF would be like:

- Getting Will.I.Am in with Britney Jean

- Recording with Iggy 

but the worst of them all:

POM

21 hours ago, Pedro Dantas said:

Discuss. I think the worst one was the whole Pepsi/Clear Channel mess. Or not releasing physical singles.

If she releases physical singles for Oops I Did it Again she easily has more number 1 hits and more top 5s/ 10s but likely has only one diamond album.

And you still can't discredit a diamond certification due to lower physical album sales in the last decade since streaming is now part of the certification accumulation (Kanye West's The Life of Pablo.)

3 hours ago, BraveGraphics said:

Blackout / Circus : Rushing the release of Circus while Blackout had more potential to be more successful era, more singles from Blackout would've made a great impact (Get Naked, Freakshow, Ooh Ooh Baby) along with Radar, Break the ice & Gimme More should've been released as singles. Circus should've not happened anyways I always think of it as an extension for Blackout because it had a lot of fillers tbh, with that being said she should've released Circus in the late 2009 under Blackout (Something like the fame monster EP) with only (Circus, IYSA, Trouble, 3, Mannequin & Unusual You).

Nooooo omg! Songs such as "Shattered Glass", "Phonography" and "Out From Under" are one of her best songs! Circus is such a great album! It was the last album to be a real pop record. Ever since then she went upbeat and her bridges in songs became silly

6 hours ago, Barbie Spears said:

This. Her team built up her brand on being the **** charismatic blonde, which worked as she was younger. But it'll be interesting to see if/how that translates in her later years and what her performing style will become. Will she be 40 still being the ****** pop star? Will she look desperate like Mariah Carey performing in too tight clothes? It's all up in the air. Had they let her release music that was more experimental when she wanted, she wouldn't have that problem. 

Archived