Was Vegas career suicide?

CharlieBlue8

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 hours ago, ElectriqueBrit said:

I know only time will tell but do you think it did a detriment to be a hermit there? Β Look what it did it to Celine's album and single sales. Β :lostney:

She has done and achieved so much more than spinning in a chair and campaigning for Oreo, so the answer is NOΒ :weusay:

1 hour ago, Jayney said:

You call suicide the most successful residence? Thanks to pom britney figure everywhere again. We are the problem that we live obsessed with every step she gives for that is that we are not surprised but others see her as she is back,:comingthru:

It's nowhere near the most successful residency. Celine made $400 million in 4 years.

1 hour ago, danny1994 said:

It's nowhere near the most successful residency. Celine made $400 million in 4 years.

Well, Celine made that amount of money with a new kind of concept showΒ in Vegas, plus she had way many more shows ( around 700 while Britney will finish around 270 shows) Britney will end her residency with 135-140 millions dollars grossed. If britney would have had as many shows as celine, she couldΒ have reached close toΒ those numbers imo

5 hours ago, ElectriqueBrit said:

I know only time will tell but do you think it did a detriment to be a hermit there? Β Look what it did it to Celine's album and single sales. Β :lostney:

Not really, everyone's doing it, even Ricky Martin.:orly:

Even ifΒ her dancing isn't consistant, she did improve a lot. Her confidence is pretty much back.

Β 

Image result for britney 2016 gifImage result for britney lucky vegas gif

She's able to do award shows again. Touring is just around the corner. She's smoking hot (let's ignore her new face since it's still temporary, it's just fillers)Β :donewithit:

BUT... ppl really can't get over the miming. theyl like to be fooled. justin bieber does it. kunty perry does it. rihanna does it. even beyonka does it.Β 

So it really comes down to the blatant Β lipsyncing of 20yr old cd vocals.:madonna:

LAZINESS leads to SLOPPINESS. Β And that, my friend, is the ultimate career killer.Β 

Related image

Β 

12 hours ago, pablitonizer said:

Well, Celine made that amount of money with a new kind of concept showΒ in Vegas, plus she had way many more shows ( around 700 while Britney will finish around 270 shows) Britney will end her residency with 135-140 millions dollars grossed. If britney would have had as many shows as celine, she couldΒ have reached close toΒ those numbers imo

If you take Britney's average earnings per show, she would make nearly $350 million in 700 shows. So yeah, it would be close, but remember Britney has a larger theater than Celine had too. If anything that might mean Celine's ticket prices were higher.

Vegas wasn't career suicide, because the narrative of Vegas went from ''is Britney Spears retiring like they all do in Vegas?'' to ''Britney's Vegas show has revitalised Vegas''.

the problem with Vegas is how rushed it was in all aspects, and the sloppiness is still evident, and I'd say this is why we had so little promo. I have a feeling Β the contract was as sloppy and rushed as the costumes were.

17 hours ago, Kiiddy said:

Not unless she's struggling to get top 10 albums, top 40 hit singles, get places to perform on award ceremonines, festivals and not be able to sell tickets in both Vegas orΒ tour.

Clearly that isn't happening. Instead the opposite is happening with the exception of SP not doing so well due to 0 promo and noΒ TV performances of the single. Career suicide is becoming a permanent judge on a reality talent show.

Image result for floptina gif

No and Yes.

No, because she could make a comeback if she rebranded herself: got vocal lessions and started singing live, pre-recorded vocals, danced well with no stiffness and counting steps, etc.

Yes, because it confirmed her status as a legacy act while just being 15 years into her career. Whenever she performs, she brings her old hits which is just wrong. She's just 35 and 18 years into her debut. Performing your old hits while promoting your new songs shows that you're not confident with your new music and that you're basically a nostalagia act. Legends like Madge, Mimi and Janet were still getting hits while 18 years into their careers so why can't Britney? Also the show is cheap as **** and everytime a video of POM is posted her career is buried a bit more.

It's time for her Emancipation.

9i4jcx.jpg

Not really. I mean, if any, the lack of promo could've been the biggest problem, but Vegas wasn't really the obstacle. If she didn't promote it was because Britney herself said she didn't feel she had to. Those myths about the contract preventing her from performing somewhere else, or from releasing videoclips,Β  were debunked long time ago.

I see Vegas more like the pause or break she needed to recover, and gain stability, and find that energy again, without actually retiring 100%. Because even though it sounds so extenuating 4 years of residency and hundreds of shows, she actually had it very easy with all those breaks between legs, and the convenience of just traveling back and forth from LA to Vegas.

At this point she probably has lost her spot among the main audience's preference, because most teenagers don't really know her, but I think she could still come back, with a huge Max Martin hit or something like that, or a really big collaboration, not with unknown people like G-Eazy or Tinashe, but someone really big, and she can still be successful. She just needs to really, really want it.

As I always say, in the US she's probably more than done, they don'tΒ  take her seriously anymore. But what we're seeing with these Asia dates, is that if she wanted to focus on those international audiences, she could still have huge hits over there, that of course wouldn't reflect in US charts, but her and her team would still make money at the end of the day.

Just now, Pedro Dantas said:

It's surgery and she keeps getting her fillers redone.

mouth-corner-surgery-patient.png

uhm, that's a man's mouth.

why would Britney have plastic surgery around her mouth, when it's a known fact in Hollywood that there's no permanent filler that will do Β any good to your face?:squintney:

it's fillers and botox, badly done, on cheeks and mouth. hence that joker mouth effect.

britney probably thinks of kylie and kim kardashian as epitomes of beauty, hence the overdone pout.

she needs to snap out of it, she's more beautiful than those two hoes combined.Β :donewithit:

3 minutes ago, SeductiveBritney said:

uhm, that's a man's mouth.

why would Britney have plastic surgery around her mouth, when it's a known fact in Hollywood that there's no permanent filler that will do Β any good to your face?:squintney:

it's fillers and botox, badly done, on cheeks and mouth. hence that joker mouth effect.

britney probably thinks of kylie and kim kardashian as epitomes of beauty, hence the overdone pout.

she needs to snap out of it, she's more beautiful than those two hoes combined.Β :donewithit:

Of course that's a man's mouth but that's what Britney did to her face. You don't get a joker smile from fillers.

She basically "cut" the sides of her mouth,

7 minutes ago, Pedro Dantas said:

Of course that's a man's mouth but that's what Britney did to her face. You don't get a joker smile from fillers.

no, what you showed is some guy who probably had biopolimers taken out of his lips.

i don't think britney has had biopolimers. it is not the same as restylane or juvederm.

fillers CAN deform your smile and cheeks. botox CAN deform your smile. but it all goes away. Britney keeps redoing them, frequently... not cool.

Image result for botox mouth effect

https://www.skincareguide.com/question/juvederm-injections-changed-my-smile-and-have-made-my-face-look-swollen-what-can-i-do-7281

Β 

Archived