New Article: Britney Spears: Sad truth behind the singer's mega fortune :(

eomarnunez

BRITNEY Spears’ is leaving Las Vegas, with her residency coming to an end, but the conservatorship set up so her father has control over her life will continue indefinitely.

“Britney just keeps working and working, and everybody around her gets paid,” a source told the New York Post about the singer’s financial situation, while another added: “(It’s) like she’s a walking zombie”.

Spears announced her Piece of Me show will conclude in December after a four-year run. And while Britney is currently on vacation in Hawaii, her manager Larry Rudolph says she’s going on a tour and then will record another album. He’s not ruling out another Vegas show either.

Meanwhile, Britney remains under the conservatorship of her father, Jamie Spears, set up after her mental breakdown in 2008.

One source told the New York Post, “Britney just keeps working and working, and everybody around her gets paid. It’s astonishing how hard she works, how well behaved she is now, but she still cannot make decisions about her own finances or personal life without the approval of her conservators.” But Britney is “in the best place she’s ever been,” friends insist.

Last year, the New York Times reported that every purchase Britney makes is tracked in court documents to safeguard her fortune. She pays her dad $130,000 a year to manage her affairs, and her other conservator is lawyer Andrew M. Wallet.

Another source told us about the machine behind Britney, “It’s definitely not the end of her onstage. She will be back. As long as they play it smart, there’s money to be made.” Of the conservatorship, the source added, “It’s all creepy. It feels like she’s a walking zombie ... She hits the stage. Everyone gets paid ... Larry Rudolph is collecting his money.”

Another friend of Spears added, “Yes, she’s still under the conservatorship, but she’s happy because everything is taken care of for her. She’s in a Britney bubble. She’s healthy, she just celebrated another year of sobriety, and she’s dating a handsome guy, model and personal trainer Sam Ashgari.”

As for claims that her team is money hungry? “This is not accurate. She is great ... has shows in Asia and Tel Aviv coming up and is very happy,” Spears’ rep said.

This article first appeared on the New York Post.

Source: http://www.news.com.au/entertainment/music/tours/britney-spears-dad-still-controls-her-finances/news-story/350b550a254aebdd355e61b103d26c55

Thoughts?

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well I mean I hope they aren't vultures, but she can make her own decisions. Also, I hope it's true that she's perfectly healthy, it's a process :tiffanynod: but I believe in her. However the c-ship has been going on for years, maybe it does help stay on track but didn't she speak (for the first time EVER) at Jonathan Ross abt it. If I remember correctly she openly said it "sucked" or something...I really wish that was released (maybe she would've gotten in trouble tho so :( )

It makes me feel so angry that her father STILL has this stupid conservatorship over her. Yes I agreed with it when she had the breakdown and was obviously not very well but its been 10 years!  and OK that report says shes apparently 'happy' about it, she cant be happy with the fact that shes worked since she was, what 7 or 8 years old and now at 35 years old if she wants to buy anything, she needs 'daddys' permission!

it really p---es me off that shes well enough to make albums, do vegas, tour etc [basically be a money making machine] but not well enough to have control of HER money. What exactly happens when her father dies??

Just a thought :- Maybe they are worried if she had full control of her money, she'd turn around and go 'Thanks- F U I'm retiring now and having a life now'

1 minute ago, jonloch1 said:

It makes me feel so angry that her father STILL has this stupid conservatorship over her. Yes I agreed with it when she had the breakdown and was obviously not very well but its been 10 years!  and OK that report says shes apparently 'happy' about it, she cant be happy with the fact that shes worked since she was, what 7 or 8 years old and now at 35 years old if she wants to buy anything, she needs 'daddys' permission!

it really p---es me off that shes well enough to make albums, do vegas, tour etc [basically be a money making machine] but not well enough to have control of HER money. What exactly happens when her father dies??

Maybe when her father dies the next of kin becomes her conservator, so Lynne if I'm correct?

9 minutes ago, cgshaw said:

It annoys me how she works hard while Kevin Fed mooches off her!! He needs to piss off out of her life and get a job!!! 

Werent u saying earlier how shes not putting in effort? :queenriri:

Tbh i feel like Britney is perfectly happy now. She might've had a bad addiction problem or something we dont know about and hence the conservatorship.

Just now, (IDont)KnowU said:

Werent u saying earlier how shes not putting in effort? :queenriri:

yeah she's not working as hard as she used to but she still performs in Vegas and gets out of bed in a morning to record music and rehearse while her failed DJ ex-husband does NOTHING

7 minutes ago, cgshaw said:

Maybe when her father dies the next of kin becomes her conservator, so Lynne if I'm correct?

Probably. I just hate the idea of the fact that if she had a fallout with her father, he could turn around and go 'well Britney, no pocket money for you' like shes a kid. I'm not saying he would but she must worry about that  

I thought of her dad passing away is pretty crazy considering that could be another 20+ years... I mean you really thing she will still be under cship through her 40 to 50's ... no way.... is it possible it has anything to do.with her kids.. possibly until they both reach 18?... cause wasn't it put in place in the first place so she  could get custody back ? No surprise she's there money machine ... as long as she's happy.

Archived