What is "The Original Doll"?

IonutM

14 hours ago, BraveNewSeth said:

The theme for TOD was that Britney was the "original" pop princess, and that the other girls who were modeled after her (Mandy Moore, Jessica Simpson, etc.) are clones and could never replace "The Original Doll." That's why the first single is called Mona Lisa, to tie in with the "original" theme (the actual Mona Lisa painting can never be replicated, get it?). She literally says "she's been cloned" in that song lol. Then there's tracks like MLH that talk about her disenchantment with fame, Ouch which is about Justin, and Peep Show and Conscious which are the obligatory Britney *** songs. 

Blackout on the other hand deals with her personal life. Writing/Recording music as an escape from the troubles in her life at the time. Then you have songs like Baby Boy, To Love Let Go, Rebellion, etc. which she recorded as an outlet to release her feelings on her family, divorce, children... but ultimately those songs would be rejected because she was trying to "black out" the negativity and hardships in her life at that point. 

TL;DR Britney's an underrated artistic genius. 

I think she was also referring to the pussycat dolls, a whole group modeled after her. I think she was pissed about that, if you think about it PCD was basically a bunch of britneys - singing, dancing, ****, fun, stylish. Probably why I liked them so much, actually.

(And I know they were a berlesque show before that but I do think the signing group was heavily based on what made Britney a success)

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, CrAzAY said:

I think she was also referring to the pussycat dolls, a whole group modeled after her. I think she was pissed about that, if you think about it PCD was basically a bunch of britneys - singing, dancing, ****, fun, stylish. Probably why I liked them so much, actually.

(And I know they were a berlesque show before that but I do think the signing group was heavily based on what made Britney a success)

I actually never thought of that! It makes sense, and it would also explain why her cameo in the When I Grow Up video was scrapped. It was probably something Larry wanted her to do to get her back in he (positive) spotlight, but Britney didn't want to do it and it fell through. That's also why Nicole and the other girls refuse to talk about it. 

And I loved the Pussycat Dolls too haha. Too bad Shitsinger had to ruin them...

Archived