Britney had a longer shelf life than most artists

Onyx1126

6 minutes ago, 3Pney said:

according to your logic: `who cares about sales?`. lol. why ignore the debut number but pay attention to sales? she was hated by the world that time. wot did you expect? to sell 10 mil in a week? lol. the other a-listers couldnt even debut on top 3 at that time. :staysalty:

bye felicia. :queenflopga:

Xtina, JT, Bey, Fergie, Nelly Furtado, Gwen and Rihanna all went top 3 (many of them went number 1).

And he didn't say "who cares about sales", he said "who cares about where the album debuts". It's a completly different thing.

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, button said:

It doesn't matter one bit if it debuted at #1 or #2. What matters is how much it sold in the end. Blackout's total sales are not good.

The world hated her ok ok blablablabla - I'm not in this thread to discuss why the album flopped, I'm just pointing that the album didn't do well.

Who are these A-listers you're talking about? JT, Alicia, Nelly Furtado all had their albums debut at #1 and go 3x Platinum at least.

Your post is so stupid. :orangu:

1 hour ago, Pedro Dantas said:

Xtina, JT, Bey, Fergie, Nelly Furtado, Gwen and Rihanna all went top 3 (many of them went number 1).

And he didn't say "who cares about sales", he said "who cares about where the album debuts". It's a completly different thing.

Why are people acting as if this album had promotion?  A widely condemned VMA performance and one radio interview is barely any promotion.  Her personal life in 2007/08, which overshadowed completely her music, was arguably as publicized  in the media as anything during her peak years.  I think its going platinum was still impressive given the circumstances.

I think having 5 other platinum albums in addition to her 2 diamond albums can rival any of her peers' commercial success.

23 minutes ago, zxcvb said:

Why are people acting as if this album had promotion?  A widely condemned VMA performance and one radio interview is barely any promotion.  Her personal life in 2007/08, which overshadowed completely her music, was arguably as publicized  in the media as anything during her peak years.  I think its going platinum was still impressive given the circumstances.

I think having 5 other platinum albums in addition to her 2 diamond albums can rival any of her peers' commercial success.

We know why the album flopped. Blackout didn't do well and the OP shouldn't count it as a successful "explosive" album and lump it with ...Baby, Oops!..., Britney and In the Zone. That's all.

20 minutes ago, button said:

We know why the album flopped. Blackout didn't do well and the OP shouldn't count it as a successful "explosive" album and lump it with ...Baby, Oops!..., Britney and In the Zone. That's all.

In this context, I agree.

On 4/13/2017 at 3:35 PM, Pedro Dantas said:

True. The only one of Britney's peers flopping harder than her is Xtina and she hasn't launched an album in 5 years so we don't know the numbers she can pull today. If X makes a comeback, Britney's numbers will become the definition of "humiliating".

People need to understand that Christina will never have a comeback , because she isn't something teens want not even close (I'm a teen myself ) , wereas Britney she was everywere since we were kids , and kids at my age actually like her songs and isn't something to be ashamed of (different from a couple years ago) . I often hear them in the cafeteria singing them ( Mainly Baby , but still).

Plus XPIRED is way to busy with OREO .:brit:

Just now, Popeye said:

People need to understand that Christina will never have a comeback , because she isn't something teens want not even close (I'm a teen myself ) , wereas Britney she was everywere since we were kids , and kids at my age actually like her songs and isn't something to be ashamed of (different from a couple years ago) . I often hear them in the cafeteria singing them ( Mainly Baby , but still).

Plus XPIRED is way to busy with OREO .:brit:

Don't take Xtina for granted. That's what you guys did with Trump and now he's in the White House.

Plus, she was the reason Say Something was a hit.

15 minutes ago, Pedro Dantas said:

Don't take Xtina for granted. That's what you guys did with Trump and now he's in the White House.

Plus, she was the reason Say Something was a hit.

Yeah you're she could have big songs coming to never know , plus she is tursty for fame .

On 4/13/2017 at 0:35 PM, Pedro Dantas said:

True. The only one of Britney's peers flopping harder than her is Xtina and she hasn't launched an album in 5 years so we don't know the numbers she can pull today. If X makes a comeback, Britney's numbers will become the definition of "humiliating".

But Spears doesn't have much to prove.  She has five other platinum albums in addition to two diamond albums.  And I don't what to hear excuses about climate.  The RiAA counts streaming as a part of albums certification in addition to pure sales so there shouldn't be anymore excuses why her peers don't have them.

On 4/13/2017 at 3:40 PM, button said:

Blackout was a floppy era for sure. Gimme More spending 3 quick weeks in the top 10 doesn't counterbalance the mediocre album sales.

Sales don't mean **** for the Blackout era!! The album is one of Britney's most loved albums & your delusional if you don't see the impact that GM & POM had! 

5 minutes ago, Onyx1126 said:

Sales don't mean **** for the Blackout era!! The album is one of Britney's most loved albums & your delusional if you don't see the impact that GM & POM had! 

in your OP you're saying "uber successful eras that impact pop culture". Uber successful doesn't describe Blackout. you should remove that bit and it's not like femme fatale was uber successful either btw.

4 minutes ago, button said:

in your OP you're saying "uber successful eras that impact pop culture". Uber successful doesn't describe Blackout. you should remove that bit and it's not like femme fatale was uber successful either btw.

Lmfao!!!!

Blackout may not have been a huge chart era but it hold some of her most iconic material 

ummmm Femme Fatale era... 

Holds one of her #1's (HIAM)

First Britney album to have all 4 singles chart in Top 40

Her best "Radio Spins" era

Big Box Office World Tour 

1 minute ago, Onyx1126 said:

Lmfao!!!!

Blackout may not have been a huge chart era but it hold some of her most iconic material 

ummmm Femme Fatale era... 

Holds one of her #1's (HIAM)

First Britney album to have all 4 singles chart in Top 40

Her best "Radio Spins" era

Big Box Office World Tour 

regardless of how the singles did, Femme fatale's album sales alone prevent it form being an "uber successful" era. Uber successful describes her first 4 only.

And femme fatale tour was a disappointment in terms of boxscores for the most part.

I get what you mean here are some examples below of artists that had 1-3 hit albums or era's.

Jessica Simpson- Debut album sells millions, First single tops the charts, next album Irresistible flops. In this Skin flops, then becomes a hit after re release with a few new songs. There after all her albums tanked and hasn't seen the top 20 charts in almost a decade.

Ashanti- First 3 albums were hits, selling millions worldwide, winning a ton of awards, multiple hit singles on the charts at once, 500k album sales in a week. There after Ashanti musically fell from the charts, the sales, having hits and is still trying to gain back her relevancy.

Brandy- First two albums were smash hits, having #1 singles, hot songs in the top 10, selling millions, winning a Grammy, Brandy's fame in music went downhill. The follow up albums would struggle to gain sales, hits and even Brandy was upset with Rodney Jerkins for not giving her his best work on her flop album "Human"

3 minutes ago, button said:

regardless of how the singles did, Femme fatale's album sales alone prevent it form being an "uber successful" era. Uber successful describes her first 4 only.

And femme fatale tour was a disappointment in terms of boxscores for the most part.

First of all any era of Britney's containing a BB100 #1 is big seeing as she only has 5

The album sales are irrelevant seeing that the singles success was insanity!! It was her 7th album and it was her FIRST ALBUM EVER TO HAVE 4 TOP 40 HITS! 

The FFT was not a disappointment in sales either (as you mentioned) 

Also.. Femme Fatale was named 2011's most illegally downloaded album by Geek & a few other blogs that track that kind of thing! 

Femme Fatale was Britney's last HUGE era! It was a big chart success in form of singles, it was embraced by the GP & Radio BIG TIME! (Obvy). It spawned a massive amount of club remix hits & the clubs & radio STILL play TTWE to this day.. in fact TTWE is about right on par with Toxic. 

The addition of Nicki Minaj was big, she filmed her Epix special.. 

No matter what you say, you really are wrong.. Femme Fatale was a monster!! 

20 minutes ago, Onyx1126 said:

First of all any era of Britney's containing a BB100 #1 is big seeing as she only has 5

The album sales are irrelevant seeing that the singles success was insanity!! It was her 7th album and it was her FIRST ALBUM EVER TO HAVE 4 TOP 40 HITS! 

The FFT was not a disappointment in sales either (as you mentioned) 

Also.. Femme Fatale was named 2011's most illegally downloaded album by Geek & a few other blogs that track that kind of thing! 

Femme Fatale was Britney's last HUGE era! It was a big chart success in form of singles, it was embraced by the GP & Radio BIG TIME! (Obvy). It spawned a massive amount of club remix hits & the clubs & radio STILL play TTWE to this day.. in fact TTWE is about right on par with Toxic. 

The addition of Nicki Minaj was big, she filmed her Epix special.. 

No matter what you say, you really are wrong.. Femme Fatale was a monster!! 

The absolute delusion. The way you are overhyping the Ff era to be a monster era is absurd. Album success is more important than single success. If we go by your logic then the Femme fatale era was bigger than the Britney era because it had more single success when that's absolutely not true.

Not even the single success you're overhyping was insanity like you're claiming. HIAM fell fast and ended up with a very modest 1.6M total. I Wanna Go was mostly a US radio fueled hit with similar sales to HIAM. It did poorly overseas, bar select countries like France. The era's only solid hit was TTWE and it's not on par with Toxic. Not even close. Toxic was a massive global hit which is still played on radio today. You say radio still plays TTWE? lol! Here is recent data for Britney's radio audience for her hits (March 28)

Toxic: 5.146m
…Baby: 2.171m
Oops!: 1.031m

Womanizer: 0.308m
Scream & Shout: 0.045m

Circus: 0.026m
Hold It Against Me: 0.008m
Sometimes: 0.011m
Everytime: 0.003m
Gimme More: 0.002m
Me Against the Music: 0.000m
Lucky: 0.000m
Stronger: 0.000m

Where TTWE at? Toxic is up there!

And Femme fatale's boxscores were mediocre. Especially outside the US. Brazilian boxscores were bad and European boxscores weren't great either. It was a moderate success, not a smash hit tour.

All in all, Femme fatale era had nice success, but calling it a monster is delusional. A monster era would be Rihanna's Loud or Katy's teenage dream. FF pales in comparison to those 2011 eras.

29 minutes ago, button said:

The absolute delusion. The way you are overhyping the Ff era to be a monster era is absurd. Album success is more important than single success. If we go by your logic then the Femme fatale era was bigger than the Britney era because it had more single success when that's absolutely not true.

Not even the single success you're overhyping was insanity like you're claiming. HIAM fell fast and ended up with a very modest 1.6M total. I Wanna Go was mostly a US radio fueled hit with similar sales to HIAM. It did poorly overseas, bar select countries like France. The era's only solid hit was TTWE and it's not on par with Toxic. Not even close. Toxic was a massive global hit which is still played on radio today. You say radio still plays TTWE? lol! Here is recent data for Britney's radio audience for her hits (March 28)

Toxic: 5.146m
…Baby: 2.171m
Oops!: 1.031m

Womanizer: 0.308m
Scream & Shout: 0.045m

Circus: 0.026m
Hold It Against Me: 0.008m
Sometimes: 0.011m
Everytime: 0.003m
Gimme More: 0.002m
Me Against the Music: 0.000m
Lucky: 0.000m
Stronger: 0.000m

Where TTWE at? Toxic is up there!

And Femme fatale's boxscores were mediocre. Especially outside the US. Brazilian boxscores were bad and European boxscores weren't great either. It was a moderate success, not a smash hit tour.

All in all, Femme fatale era had nice success, but calling it a monster is delusional. A monster era would be Rihanna's Loud or Katy's teenage dream. FF pales in comparison to those 2011 eras.

Lol... 

1st of all you are oddly overpbsessed (eek) 2nd of all... I don't care what kind of numbers you throw at me from her previous eras (I lived them).. in fact I remember both the "Britney Era" & "In The Zone Era" having a lot of talk about Britney's dropping sales & lack of radio interest. She has been up & down her entire career span of 20 years. 

I don't need to argue with you, the facts are the facts & you can twist them into whatever you want so that you feel delighted in your own insanity. 

The Blackout/Breakdown Era is probably single handedly the biggest era of her career (not sales/singles) but in pure Media stake. Without this era I actually don't think she would've had such gigantic eras for Circus & Femme Fatale. 

You can argue until your blue in the face with me but I can see your more delusional than I can handle. I never said "Femme Fatale" was her biggest, most successful era, lol. What I am saying is that FF came about 13 years into her career! It was her 7th studio album & it had the kind of success that most pop stars now would only hope for. She maintained an astronomical amount of relevance for a very long time & not you or any one of the other haters or trolls can take that away from her because it's just stone cold facts. 

By her FF era Britney was still heavily relevant on radio and capable of even having a world tour.. that is hard for someone to do by their 2nd or 3rd era (if they are even lucky enough to get that far).

Your issue is that you can't see beyond your *tickyboom'ness & in all honesty I really don't think anybody is checking for your opinions lol, your lucky you even got to have this little waste of time with me 

4 minutes ago, Onyx1126 said:

Lol... 

1st of all you are oddly overpbsessed (eek) 2nd of all... I don't care what kind of numbers you throw at me from her previous eras (I lived them).. in fact I remember both the "Britney Era" & "In The Zone Era" having a lot of talk about Britney's dropping sales & lack of radio interest. She has been up & down her entire career span of 20 years. 

I don't need to argue with you, the facts are the facts & you can twist them into whatever you want so that you feel delighted in your own insanity. 

The Blackout/Breakdown Era is probably single handedly the biggest era of her career (not sales/singles) but in pure Media stake. Without this era I actually don't think she would've had such gigantic eras for Circus & Femme Fatale. 

You can argue until your blue in the face with me but I can see your more delusional than I can handle. I never said "Femme Fatale" was her biggest, most successful era, lol. What I am saying is that FF came about 13 years into her career! It was her 7th studio album & it had the kind of success that most pop stars now would only hope for. She maintained an astronomical amount of relevance for a very long time & not you or any one of the other haters or trolls can take that away from her because it's just stone cold facts. 

By her FF era Britney was still heavily relevant on radio and capable of even having a world tour.. that is hard for someone to do by their 2nd or 3rd era (if they are even lucky enough to get that far).

Your issue is that you can't see beyond your *tickyboom'ness & in all honesty I really don't think anybody is checking for your opinions lol, your lucky you even got to have this little waste of time with me 

FF era was a mess imo but the music and videos held its own strong.

Britney in all Honestly did not start doing bad until Vegas and Britney's attitude towards her career went downhill. 

Even if the music didn't sell millions (BO) it still gave us a good look for the music brand. Honestly bJ and Glory have done nothing to help her brand at all. There was no saving BJ but Glory had so much potential. 

Ppl act like because Britney is older that is the reason she doesn't do good but it's not that at all. 

7 hours ago, Onyx1126 said:

Lol... 

First of all, no need for the personal jabs. I'm not pressed. The numbers are in my favor and you're the one who's struggling to deal with them to the point where you have resorted to putting words in my mouth. I never accused you of claiming "Femme fatale is her biggest era". Just don't call it an uber successful era. My problem with you as that you're using words like "gigantic",  "monster" and "uber successful" for an era that's just cute in terms of success, nothing more.

In terms of commercial success the order will always be the following and you there's nothing you can do about it:

1) Bomt 2) Oops 3) In the Zone 4) Britney 5) Circus 6) Blackout 7) Femme fatale

http://chartmasters.org/wp-content/uploads/2016/08/CSPCBritneySpearsTotals-1.png

No one gives a damn about what you were hearing or lived through. In the Zone and Britney had major album sales and that alone puts them several leagues above Femme fatale. Toxic (93M audience, #1 pop radio) and Everytime (70M audience, #3 on pop radio) were both big radio hits. How was the radio interest lacking during In the Zone? You just don't know what you're talking about. You have no credibility whatsoever.

In fact, I'm not even sure if you understand those numbers I posted. They aren't from her "previous eras". They represent how much airplay Britney's songs are getting today. You claimed TTWE is still played on the radio when it actually has close to 0 recurrent airplay. You were clocked. The audacity to claim TTWE is on par with Toxic.

So now your rethoric has changed. You're now adding the context of Britney being 13 years into her career? Is that your way of admitting that FF was only successful for the standards of a popstar with a long career and that it wasn't as big as you were making it out to be? Alright. Glad we agreed that Femme fatale's success wasn't monstruous like you were claiming earlier. Going on a world tour when your boxscores and audience numbers are mediocre isn't an achievement.

I don't think anyone is checking for your opinions either considering your thread flopped and half of the posts aren't even about your OP and are discussing something else. :queenriri:

On 4/13/2017 at 2:55 PM, button said:

They weren't talking about her music though, much less her videos.

Blackout was a big commercial underperformance and Femme F/succersful theatale was a fairly local era with weak album sales.

If we're being completely honest, she had 5 truly "explosive" and eventful albums: the first four + Circus.

were you even out of diapers when Blackout came out ? What are you talking about ???? EVERYONE had Blackout on their tongue. Do you want me to poast Youtube videos of artists, radio dj's ect all talking about the album ?? The album had a #2 single, the album was supposed to debut at #1 but BB ****** her over with that literal last minute rule change. Piece of me sweeped at the VMA's that year. Sit your hating *** down :staysalty:

And really ? Femme Fatale was fairly local ? Again what fuckery ??? HIAM debut at #1 in 17 countries. Which was a record at that time. Till The World Ends was a massive success and was voted the song of 2011 in the state. and I Wanna Go had her longest radio run up until that time. FEmme Fatale had 3 top 10 singles. 2 of them being top 5. And don't get me started on the reviews the album got. Britney started the dubstep wave in pop music.

Album sales in general are down for almost everyone minus Adele, Beyonce, Taylor Swift and maybe 1 or 2 more artist. Everything else falls on streaming. You're trying so hard to make Britney seem less relevant/succesfull then she is.

Archived