POLL: Is Britney respected by the GP?

celebration2009

Is Britney respected by the GP?  

95 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply
23 hours ago, Pedro Dantas said:

What's the problem with what I said? :weirdmeout:

nothing, I agree with you :)

I was like saying that I cant with today's generation who talk **** about britney and madonna and thinks ariana grande and taylor swift are the queens of pop

On 4/13/2017 at 10:53 AM, Pedro Dantas said:

True. She's just seen as an old joke. But today's kids also say Madonna is too old, Mariah can't sing and they drove Closer, One Dance and Shape of You to number 1.

One Dance and Shape of You are bops as annoying as Ed Sheeran's rejected cabbage patch doll lookin *** is 

I think people respect and admire her as a person, like they root for her (after hounding her for years) and like her music but don't see her as an innovator. They know she's talented but lazy and doesn't wanna do it anymore (which was true) but obviously she has people's attention after 20 years which is impressive. Vegas era has given her so much good press - too bad nobody really heard Glory but there's probably a silver lining in that. When she does come out, she slays (bbmas, vmas)

5 minutes ago, utoxic said:

nothing, I agree with you :)

I was like saying that I cant with today's generation who talk **** about britney and madonna and thinks ariana grande and taylor swift are the queens of pop

Oh ok :)

It's amazing how disrespectuful this generation (mine) is to people like Madonna or Mariah. Were the 2000's teens like that or were they more respectful to the legends that shaped modern day Pop and R&B?

The charts have been tragic since 2014. I need the 2000's generation (Britney, Xtina, Shakira, etc.) to make a comeback ASAP. I can barely turn on the radio nowadays.:meltdown:

Just now, Pedro Dantas said:

Oh ok :)

It's amazing how disrespectuful this generation (mine) is to people like Madonna or Mariah. Were the 2000's teens like that or were they more respectful to the legends that shaped modern day Pop and R&B?

The charts have been tragic since 2014. I need the 2000's generation (Britney, Xtina, Shakira, etc.) to make a comeback ASAP. I can barely turn on the radio nowadays.:meltdown:

It's kind of my generation too. I'm 20 now, I grew up with Katy Perry, Lady Gaga and Rihanna, but I started listening to Madonna when I was like 10 years old, and I feel in love with her, and then with Britney next.

I don't listen to Mariah, Cher, Christina or Whitney, but I respect them because I know they have a big legacy and were important to pop culture, and that's what is missing on our generation. Most people don't respect the artists that came before the ones that are relevant now. :nyheadache:

19 minutes ago, utoxic said:

It's kind of my generation too. I'm 20 now, I grew up with Katy Perry, Lady Gaga and Rihanna, but I started listening to Madonna when I was like 10 years old, and I feel in love with her, and then with Britney next.

I don't listen to Mariah, Cher, Christina or Whitney, but I respect them because I know they have a big legacy and were important to pop culture, and that's what is missing on our generation. Most people don't respect the artists that came before the ones that are relevant now. :nyheadache:

I listen to Madonna, Mariah and Christina (if you're talking about Aguilera). When it comes to Cher, Celine and Whitney I only know one of their songs: Believe, the Titanic song and I Will Always Love You, respectivly. However, I have lots of respect for them because they are legends and very talented ones.

I agree with you, our generaion does not respect their ancestors. The way Mariah was treated after the NYE fiasco or Madonna after releasing *****, I'm Madonna was absolutely awful.

I can somewhat understand why this generation does not like or respect Britney: she never sings live, doesn't dance anymore and auto-tunes the living **** out of her songs. However, is that any different from today's popstars? Britney needs a reinvention.

6 minutes ago, Pedro Dantas said:

I listen to Madonna, Mariah and Christina (if you're talking about Aguilera). When it comes to Cher, Celine and Whitney I only know one of their songs: Believe, the Titanic song and I Will Always Love You, respectivly. However, I have lots of respect for them because they are legends and very talented ones.

I agree with you, our generaion does not respect their ancestors. The way Mariah was treated after the NYE fiasco or Madonna after releasing *****, I'm Madonna was absolutely awful.

I can somwhat understand why this generation does not respect Britney: she never sings live, doesn't dance anymore and auto-tunes the living **** out of her songs. However, is that any different from today's popstars? Britney needs a reinvention.

Yeah I feel like part of it it's Britney's fault, since she doesn't do the same level of performances she did in the past. So, the public only see the current performances. Also, she and her team don't give a **** about her image (which is really important these days, look at Beyonce), most of her current videos and album covers are bad, so people aren't interested in her.

It's sad because she has a lot of pontential :crying1:

7 minutes ago, utoxic said:

Yeah I feel like part of it it's Britney's fault, since she doesn't do the same level of performances she did in the past. So, the public only see the current performances. Also, she and her team don't give a **** about her image (which is really important these days, look at Beyonce), most of her current videos and album covers are bad, so people aren't interested in her.

It's sad because she has a lot of pontential :crying1:

Everything post-2009 has been as mess. I still dream of a big comeback but I'm not keeping my hopes up.

1 minute ago, Pedro Dantas said:

Everything post-2009 has been as mess. I still dream of a big omeback but I'm not keeping my hopes up.

Me too.

At least she is ending Vegas and going on tour, and I'm happy that maybe I'm going to see her again if she comes to my country :mcry:

Not in the US. And internationally it's like 50-50. Most people, like especially in the media and stuff, respect her as an artist, as the international star that she is, even thought they're not really aware of what she's done these past years. But another big amount of people also think she's bald and crazy and even more tragic, believe she's only famous because of that. But what I mean is that, at least what I've seen in Mexico, they at least still treat her as a singer, like they don't question her talent or capabilities, and they still have that idea that she keeps having mega hits and such.

Archived