Supposed Singles for each album

1 hour ago, Disney Princess said:

I think Britney pushed for Perfume to be the second single, I remember she said "the perfume song" was her favourite song off the album or something like that.

The one she acctually sang :snapney:

I know I was hating DYWCO back then, but I think it could have been a very good 2nd single option, it's classic sluty Britney that people wants

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest $elfish
2 hours ago, BoyToySoldier said:

In the Zone - I Got That Boom Boom / Outrageous (Lead)

Outrageous Is a single tho

its just that the  mv was scrapped 

and brit never preforms it live anymore :britdrown:

was it actually supossed the lead single :lostney:

4 hours ago, PokemonSpears said:

Alien definitely needed to be the third one, actually, it should've been the second one. I'll never understand why they released Perfume.

Perfume is not a bad song (it's way better than Alien imo) and wasn't a bad single choice the problem is she didn't promote it what so ever! Had she promoted it it would've done a lot better than it did, she sounds beautiful on it and the song is very relatable plus it was personal which was the whole marketing campaign for the BJ era. Several non fans that I played it for loved the song, the problem is that they had never heard about it because radio play wasn't strong and there was no promo!  

2 hours ago, Blackout in the Glory Zone said:

Yeah it was going to be the lead single until Britney got Madonna on MATM!

She performed it on the Onyx Hotel Tour

Fun fact: because it took them so long to release a 2nd single my local Kiss station started playing Outrageous for a little bit as the 2nd single off of ITZ and my other local Pop station started playing (I Got That) Boom Boom which was the originally planned 2nd single. 

1 minute ago, pieceof15yearold*loveyall said:

Then they're promotional efforts should have showed that... Public knows she's doing something in Vegas.

There was promo and at ever point it was like they forgot to promote the album and instead just promoted Britney herself and Britney didn't exactly help with her effort to talk about glory. Larry got her the Gigs its her decision not to actually talk about the music she is putting out in detail  :sassybrit:

4 hours ago, lustwecantcontrol said:

Perfume is not a bad song (it's way better than Alien imo) and wasn't a bad single choice the problem is she didn't promote it what so ever! Had she promoted it it would've done a lot better than it did, she sounds beautiful on it and the song is very relatable plus it was personal which was the whole marketing campaign for the BJ era. Several non fans that I played it for loved the song, the problem is that they had never heard about it because radio play wasn't strong and there was no promo!  

Still, Alien was more Britney-ish. Perfume should've been, if any, a 4th, or 5th single, and the Dreaming Mix, which I believe was the original mix, should've been the main version. I still believe other ballads were better, like Don't Cry or Hold on Tight.

3 hours ago, PokemonSpears said:

Still, Alien was more Britney-ish. Perfume should've been, if any, a 4th, or 5th single, and the Dreaming Mix, which I believe was the original mix, should've been the main version. I still believe other ballads were better, like Don't Cry or Hold on Tight.

Well I do love Don't Cry, but Perfume i guess resonates with me because I've been in the situation! I feel like a lot of people have therefore it's super relateable and perfect for a single! Honestly Britney and her team were so obsessed  with Perfume I thought for awhile it was going to the lead single. 

OIDIA:
-Satisfaction was considered as a single

Britney:
-ILRNR was considered as a US single
-Before The Goodbye was like Radar - if she was going to put it on the album, it contractually had to be a single. That's why it's not on the album. Plus I'm pretty sure BT wanted it as the first single.
-the label wanted Bombastic Love as a single

ITZ:
-rumor has it that the label wanted Outrageous or Shadow (wtf?) as the first single
-MATM became the first single when Britney got Madonna on it (she always wanted it as the first single)
-Boom Boom, Breathe On Me, TOMH were considered for singles

Blackout:
-Hot As Ice was considered as a single
-I'm assuming that Radar was considered as a single from Blackout bc it contractually had to be - my theory is that they ditched the entire Blackout era to focus on Circus hence why it was on and released from that album

Circus:
-Out From Under was considered as a single

FF:
-Inside Out was considered as a single

BJ:
-Alien was going to be the 3rd single (they said it IABJ)

Glory:
-Clumsy, Private Show, DYWCO were considered as singles

BOMT - It's rumoured Thinkin' About You was planned as the album's 3rd single before Crazy was chosen

OIDIA - When Your Eyes Say It was planned as a single (either the 4th or 5th) and there is even a rare radio promo of it and of course that infamous video filmed of it that is unreleased. And it's rumoured Satisfaction was planned as a single too

Britney - Before the Goodbye was the original lead single before Slave was chosen. Britney's team/Jive wanted Bombastic Love as a single but Britney didn't want it to be, there is that remixed version that can be heard in the Making of Crossroads segment on the Britney: The Videos DVD which was rumoured to be a single mix.

ITZ - I don't know if Boom Boom was planned as the 1st single but it was supposed to be the 2nd, 3rd and 4th before Britney chose Toxic and Everytime instead and Outrageous became 4th single when it was chosen as the Catwoman theme. I think it was on hold for a possible 5th single as well as Breathe On Me as there was rumours of a 5th single but this never happened when Britney injured her knee and then GH:MP was released instead.

Outrageous was the original lead single but Britney wanted Me Against the Music and it was released when Madonna agreed to appear on it.

There was also rumours of Touch Of My Hand and Shadow being a single as well.

Blackout - Get Back was the original lead single before Gimme More, Hot As Ice was the 3rd single before Break the Ice was chosen and as we all know Radar was the original 4th single but cancelled so Britney could work on Circus and it was released as a single during the Circus era instead

Circus - There is rumours Mannequin and Out From Under were both planned as singles

FF - 5 singles were originally planned but only 4 released, Inside Out and (Drop Dead) Beautiful both rumoured to be the 5th single

BJ - Britney wanted Alien as the 3rd single but no more singles were released because her team wanted her to focus on Vegas

Glory - #JusticeForDYWCO

17 hours ago, MX3 said:

do u wanna come over was def supposed to be single #2 off glory 

Man i really wish it was instead of Slumber Party. I love Slumber Party but it was NOT the right choice for single #2. I tried to tell most people on this forum this :moorangu: 

I dunno anything about BOMT or OIDIA.

Jive wanted Bombastic Love; Britney insisted on Overprotected. Jive had the better judgment in this case!

Jive wanted Outrageous or Boom Boom; Britney insisted on Toxic. Britney had the better judgment in this case!

I dunno anything about Blackout.

Out From Under and Kill the Lights were seriously considered as singles. Fans pretended Unusual You was seriously considered, but it wasn't!

Drop Dead Beautiful was a strong contender for Single #4 from Femme Fatale, but Criminal won a fan poll and apparently was Britney's pick, too. Trouble for Me also had a feature at some official important music site and was speculated about, but that never happened, either.

Britney apparently wanted Alien as a third single from Britney Jean. They tried it out in Vegas for a few shows but they had no routine for it and it was awkward. Someone I know told me that Britney was pissed off about the fans being unsupportive of Britney Jean after the chart disappointments and that she personally requested no more singles to focus on Vegas for that reason.

Dunno anything about Glory.

23 hours ago, Blackout in the Glory Zone said:

She admitted in an interview that it was one of her least favorite songs on In the Zone

Archived