Why did you stop buying Britney's Music?

lcortes88

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 hours ago, Бри́тни Спирс said:

Are we talking about the same woman who lips while moving around not even trying to dance in front of people who PAY to see her?

And do not talk about how good Glory was 'cause it brought nothing new to the table, it just followed trends and has major flaws on it as well and second of all, a Britney Spears album is not good thanks to her but thanks to people around her. She is nothing more than a product. She never was, and never will. Yet still she has the guts to disrespect people so openly.

And, by the way, I've never paied to see her "perform" and I do not feel sorry or try to defend, by bashing her, those who pay to see her. It's not my fault they are that naive.  

Then why are you here? :plzexplain:

7 hours ago, Бри́тни Спирс said:

Are we talking about the same woman who lips while moving around not even trying to dance in front of people who PAY to see her?

And do not talk about how good Glory was 'cause it brought nothing new to the table, it just followed trends and has major flaws on it as well and second of all, a Britney Spears album is not good thanks to her but thanks to people around her. She is nothing more than a product. She never was, and never will. Yet still she has the guts to disrespect people so openly.

And, by the way, I've never paied to see her "perform" and I do not feel sorry or try to defend, by bashing her, those who pay to see her. It's not my fault they are that naive.  

My question is, if you are so unsatisfied by her, what are you here for, she is not asking you anything, she doesn't own you a thing, i think it's funny when people like you try to make the worst scenario on everything but yet you never stop watching the movie, and no matter how bad you may try to make her look, you're more hypocrite than bad that she'll ever be just for the fact you're here

5 hours ago, Isla. said:

Why would you think people on this forum would have stopped? We're all fans, we all support Britney and will buy her music. 

And it's very shallow to think one music video is going to determine whether or not you buy an album. 

Sis trust me some of these Exhellers aren't :bey::bey:

I always wondering why Britney always win those stupid polls, but no one actually buying her music.

Usually I buy 5 or 6 different copies from different countries... I just bought 3 'tis time... I think it's because of the make me Music video. But I did bought that single when it's released. 

6 hours ago, Erreur 2 La Nature said:

I didn't stop, I'm starting to buy.

Never bought before. First song I ever bought was... Pretty Girls :meltdown: Just to support it. Then I bought Tom's Diner and Make Me. Then Glory.

Same. It's not until I become a full on STAN where I end up buying the music on iTunes

I stopped buying albums after Circus... it wasnt exciting anymore and she lost so much of what made her Britney Spears that I couldn't bear to listen to the music since she had been my idol growing up. I remember wanting to support her so much after the breakdown...but idk, FF and BJ werent good, they were generic and I didn't care .. I havent felt excited about an album until Glory and I bought that immediately when it came out. Honestly... I'm still not as excited after a few months with Glory... it isn't as playable as her older albums. It just doesn't have the magic. It is good and I respect the direction, it's a step up in terms of what she's been delivering.

That said, I will always put money into albums or singles if I enjoy them enough or I get excited about them.

1 hour ago, Justney said:

I stopped buying albums after Circus... it wasnt exciting anymore and she lost so much of what made her Britney Spears that I couldn't bear to listen to the music since she had been my idol growing up. I remember wanting to support her so much after the breakdown...but idk, FF and BJ werent good, they were generic and I didn't care .. I havent felt excited about an album until Glory and I bought that immediately when it came out. Honestly... I'm still not as excited after a few months with Glory... it isn't as playable as her older albums. It just doesn't have the magic. It is good and I respect the direction, it's a step up in terms of what she's been delivering.

That said, I will always put money into albums or singles if I enjoy them enough or I get excited about them.

Your post is the most make sense for people who stopped buying her music/lost interest in her, without you being shady/disrespectful :queenflopga:

Glad you bought Glory sis. Indeed it is a step in the right direction for her. I hope B10 will even be a better album. At this point, she should stop caring about what radio/GP wants and focus on making a great album instead

Beyonce did it and she gained more respect. Gaga did it, although Joanne was average but it succesfully erased her image as that weird lady in weird dresses

• Super Mods
7 hours ago, Erreur 2 La Nature said:

I didn't stop, I'm starting to buy.

Never bought before. First song I ever bought was... Pretty Girls :meltdown: Just to support it. Then I bought Tom's Diner and Make Me. Then Glory.

Wtf!

source.gif

jk sis, I hope your purchases Make ha albums rechart! :queenflopga:

12 hours ago, lcortes88 said:

This is a legitimate question and I don't mean to drag our queen in any way. Please don't give me negatives! I'am just asking a real question and hope to get an adult discussion without childish insults. 

Why did you stop buying Britney's music?

For me i honestly don't know why i stopped. The last time i was supper excited for Britney's new music was right before glory and before make me music video and when that mess of video came out, it just killed my excitement (The hype was through the roof for me and i was expecting a lot for me make me because of that red glitter scene). Make me was the first Britney video that I didn't watch completely. Before that i was excited about scream and shout but i never got to see her perform it and it killed my excitement. THE LAST time was truly excited was Circus era. Right when Womanizer Music video came out, i remember i immediately bought 2 womanlier singles after the music video and 2 albums when it came out. Based on this i guess I stopped buying her music because my excitement was kept being killed. What is your reason? 

Uh... I haven't and I will never stop buying her music.

19 minutes ago, radar89 said:

Your post is the most make sense for people who stopped buying her music/lost interest in her, without you being shady/disrespectful :queenflopga:

Glad you bought Glory sis. Indeed it is a step in the right direction for her. I hope B10 will even be a better album. At this point, she should stop caring about what radio/GP wants and focus on making a great album instead

Beyonce did it and she gained more respect. Gaga did it, although Joanne was average but it succesfully erased her image as that weird lady in weird dresses

Thanks sis!

I love Britney and always will, and her older work holds such a huge place in my heart and life and she still is someone who has inspired me. I've had and currently am in an incredibly low point in my life and seeing her conquer what is probably one of the shittiest things to go through publicly and still manage to come out through it, it's very inspiring. So I would love to support her through every era in some way, even if I don't necessarily buy the album. For instance, I didn't like FF and was tight on money anyway but I ended up picking up the concert dvd at some point.

But I think the fact that every era gets messier and messier it's almost like Britney Spears is no longer...she's gone, she's a distant memory and we have this new Britney trying desperately to fill her place, but isn't ever going to be Britney Spears again. It's such a mood killer. It's like she's been stuck with this horrible luck for a decade now..and we too as a fanbase and we can only hope it'll get better.  Glory made me super excited because she was getting her fire back again and if she can continue to grow and harness that fire maybe Britney will be Britney Spears again. Her team is just sooooooo bad though...I'm afraid if things wont ever change. SO yeah.. I love Britney, I couldn't be shady towards her because she's still human and is on her own path and unfortunately it doesn't serve the millions of fans waiting for her return as the artist she used to be. And I do hope that no matter what she continues to put out music and can give us inspired, good music. She should just focus on making a good album, but her label might not agree. Beyonce is on her own label so she can do what she likes.. not sure about Gaga but I think Britney's been locked in with a bad label and team for awhile. I still have hope though. The Glory era was certainly exciting before the Make Me debacle! I think her 20th anniversary will end up being satisfactory too. :giggleney: Fingers crossed.

Archived