Britney Spears: 20th Anniversary

Roger

What to expect from the queen of pop anniversary next year?

Will they go big or will they go the not-so-big route again?

A 10th album would definitely fit well :scalped:

This will be the last time we can hope for some success, if they do it RIGHT :scalped:

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well rumor has it Britney wants to release B10 next year, but we'll see.

Honestly I would be fine with a compilation or boxset as long as it's a cool one. Like I would kill for them to release an album of unreleased material, they could call it something like 20 Years Of Hidden Gems and it could have 20 unreleased tracks from throughout her career or a boxset of all of her albums (including all bonus tracks) would be cool as well........or both where the album of unreleased is sold separately as the standard version and then included in the boxset which would be the deluxe version!  

Will it be next year though because they celebrated her 10 year anniversary in 2009? Its confusing because her first single BOMT came out in late 1998 but her album didn't come out til January 1999 so it depends what anniversary they want to celebrate. I personally think it would make sense releasing her 10th album first. I don't think we're going to get that this year so will probably be about March/April 2018

I honestly think we'll just get a greatest hits album and DVD in 2019 and then itll probably be a good time for Britney to take a couple of years break. If you think, if rumours are true Vegas will end December  this year then shes apparently touring in 2018 if rumours are true on top of I think releasing B10.  so by 2019 she'll probably be knackered so will release a greatest hits album and DVD, do a wee bit promo and then have a 2 or 3 year break

24 minutes ago, The Greatest Show said:

it will be desert performance 2.0 and the meltdowns will be glorious.

I predict a countdown who will lead us to the announcement of Britney: In The Mix 3, live on ABC and BritneySpears.com simultaneously :scalped:

Can we get a new BOMT version with new vocals. Honestly it would give her a new recording to lip to for the next 20 years of her career :meltdown:

Anyways my dream would be vinyl release of all her albums (not on her shitty, overpriced store), BOMT album rerelease interview with Britney and new unreleased songs from the time, and B10.

Reality: Probably a greatest hits with no new songs. 

2 hours ago, lustwecantcontrol said:

Honestly I would be fine with a compilation or boxset as long as it's a cool one. Like I would kill for them to release an album of unreleased material, they could call it something like 20 Years Of Hidden Gems and it could have 20 unreleased tracks from throughout her career or a boxset of all of her albums (including all bonus tracks) would be cool as well........or both where the album of unreleased is sold separately as the standard version and then included in the boxset which would be the deluxe version!  

I love this! :ahhh:

My dream for her 20th anniversary would be a compilation of her greatest hits. She could release a Megamix on youtube - a 10 minute music video of her performing and recreating the most important hits/music videos of her career, like a modern version of them. That would be mind blowing and everybody would ******* love it.

She'd do the Superbowl Halftime Show and the production would be top notch and then she'd release a new album in like March and announce her World Tour afterwards.

I'm not expecting much. I definitely don't want another album just for it to get the no promo strategy and for her to barely talk about it ever. But with POM ending in December and her possibly taking a break, maybe she'll come back from the break refreshed and ready to be the pop star she should have been the past 8 years. Who knows?

I would ultimately love her to do like a weekly special or docuseries on HBO or something giving a behind the scenes look at each album process, including old interviews, old TRL clips, what she thinks about certain songs now,  her best performances from each era, like a whole thing. Then on the last night of the special have her do something very unexpected, maybe an acoustic set of ballads, or debuting a new song, or something. Like I think reminding ppl why they fell in love with Britney is a good idea, but she has to deliver something iconic at the end to remind them why she still slays. And it shouldn't be on a flop station like MTV. It has to be HBO or ABC or something that delivers the big ratings. And then if they edit it and it's amazing, she can be Emmy nominated :-)

Archived