Glory Era Autopsy

celebration2009

2 hours ago, cheri said:

don't try to tell me what i do or don't know sweetie. i think glory is ******* trash.  there's many effective ways to make people lose their marbles on this site rather than something as trivial as calling glory ****. just because you enjoy it doesn't mean i'm obliged to praise it, so **** off

come on!!!!!! you know glory is good! You gotta like it like everyone else!!!

it's impossible to dislike the album!!!!

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I knew it, I knew it that after a couple of months of no success, people here would start trashing Glory :tiffanynod:

Too lazy to find my comments about it when it was released. Haha a lot of people here judge the quality of music with sales and promo, not with their ears. :queenflopga: 

FYI, it's like a Britney classic. It's an album with very typical modern, yet so "Britney" sound to it. If you don't like it - it's fine. I don't judge your taste, but I wonder why would you like Britney then? Since Glory truly represents her style with most of the songs in the album 

34yd65h.gif

i keep saying this but

Britney shouldve pulled a Bieber and did a Purpose video thing for most of the Glory songs.

Obviously work isnt a priority for her, and Bieber is only in a couple of the Purpose videos. They are creative, not necessarily expensive and they promote alot of views. Most of the Glory songs are single worthy and this couldve been a great way to promote her album.

I really do love Glory and I wish the GP heard it. 

9 hours ago, BoyToySoldier said:

Glory has a few clunkers honestly. Stop calling it the third album in the trinity because it isn't.

ITZ and BO are considered her best because they elevated her artistry and pushed a new focus into mainstream pop that is still prominent today.

Glory was just following the trend of whatever Selena Gomez's mediocre album and Bieber's Purpose was pulling out, only just experimenting with it (Coupure Électrique).

It's still her best album since Circus, so there's that.

but "blackout" and "in the zone" (<- which is my fav) aren't considered her best either. maybe by exhale, but that's it.

"oops!...i did it again" and "glory" remain her critically most acclaimed records, like it or not. they're also 2 of her 3 strongest. 

btw, i really don't see the Selena-comparisons. "revival" was highly influenced by britney, so there's that. the queen was humble enough to mention liking/being inspired by it, and y'all end up saying "glory" was following her lead? lmfao that's like saying kelis was copying britney when she released "milkshake", bc the sound was reminiscent of what britney had done prior to that, when we all know they've worked with the same ppl and will therefore have the producers' recognizable sound included. 

the truth is, if this album had succeeded, y'all would be on. your. knees. and you know it.

The level of delusional and hatred for Britney on this board sometimes it astounding. :nyheadache:

I don't get some of the members who are psychotically obsessed with Britney yet just come here to bash her nonstop :rihit: Glory era could have been better, but the music was great. Psychotic mentally unstable haters can remain pressed :queenflopga:

Spoiler

No wonder Britney is scared of her fans, some of them are like rabid dogs who have been tied up outside in the heat too long :nothavingit:

21 minutes ago, justkeepdoingit said:

but "blackout" and "in the zone" (<- which is my fav) aren't considered her best either. maybe by exhale, but that's it.

"oops!...i did it again" and "glory" remain her critically most acclaimed records, like it or not. they're also 2 of her 3 strongest. 

btw, i really don't see the Selena-comparisons. "revival" was highly influenced by britney, so there's that. the queen was humble enough to mention liking/being inspired by it, and y'all end up saying "glory" was following her lead? lmfao that's like saying kelis was copying britney when she released "milkshake", bc the sound was reminiscent of what the neptunes had done with britney already.

the truth is, if this album had succeeded, y'all would be on. your. knees. and you know it.

Blackout and In the Zone are considered her best by pop music standards. Ask any pop fan in the internet community or outside at any gay bar or music festival and they will say either ITZ or Blackout.

Metacritic scores were based on reviews in the current timeframe of when those albums were released. Oops, while a great album has that high of a score because the public was high on Britney post BOMT.

We all know reviewers love to drag when the reviewee in question is a hot topic in the media.

In the Zone was off putting at first for the ****** maturity and many conservative families started to ban Britney for their children and teens. There's reviews that call the album garbage because essentially she grew up and stopped singing about puppy love. They wanted her to stay a child forever in that chavunistic mindset.

Blackout has reviews that focus on her personal struggles instead of relating to the music. In the case of the reviewers that do actually focus on the music, a joke is thrown in there regardless and they half heartedly give the album a B at most, because they don't want to be the publication that gave crazy Baldney an A.

Regardless if Selena inspired Glory or not, the fact doesn't change that it's mostly a trend following album that doesn't push the envelope like the other two have. That doesn't make it bad by any means, but it'll be forgotten in the next 5-10 years.

6 minutes ago, BoyToySoldier said:

Blackout and In the Zone are considered her best by pop music standards. 

i'm sorry, but says who? your friends agreeing with you doesn't mean anything. 

"blackout" and "in the zone" are loved, but it's delusional to say they're more popular with the GP than "oops", because they're not.

Just now, justkeepdoingit said:

i'm sorry, but says who? your friends agreeing with you doesn't mean anything. 

"blackout" and "in the zone" are loved, but it's delusional to say they're more popular than "oops", because they're not.

That's delusional to think, when Toxic is the song getting more streams and radio airplay than Oops. On VEVO there's a 100k stream gap between the two.

I mean, does anyone you know that isn't a Britney fan actually listen to the Oops or Baby albums with any reason other than a nostalgia trip?

People are much more likely to give ITZ or Blackout a spin for the fact that it's music doesn't sound like it's stuck in one era. It's aged well, they've passed the test of time.

Reading the Selena comparison and it is there. 

I feel like ever since FF they have been trying to follow the trends which for FF turned out great but for BJ and even though great Glory they are late to the party. 

They sit on it too long instead of releasing it when it is popular. PG could have turned out different if they would have released it much quicker. 

I still love Glory to this day. Ppl saying ppl are hating Glory now but it's literally two ppl and they have opinions so...

4 hours ago, Wiggle said:

having a different opinion =/= bashing the album and calling it the worst names. :awkblink:

what do you mean?

that is basically having a different opinion though..

I love Glory, but they hate it.

Thats a different opinion...

It is better than Frozen Pizza, but let's be honest: I had more fun with Circus and Femme Fatale. I miss one hitsong and it feels like RCA went with Clumsy kinda songs, but Britney wanted Make Me kinda songs, what we got is a mixture.

And i am sure Slumber Party was the best idea for a second single.

It isn't a bad album tho.

On 7/4/2017 at 6:18 PM, Pedro Dantas said:

Glory is dead. No third single (hope Team B proves me wrong). It's time to ask:

1) What mistakes were made during the era?

2) What could have been done better?

3) What was done well?

1) Combining Vegas + Glory was a mistake. Glory wasn't a proper area because of PoM holding her back. No solo single -> WTF ? Making such publicity for such performance at the VMAs. The album cover?

2) She should have ended PoM before the release of Glory. The album cover should have been more than just a screenshot from the MM video. Glory's tracklist -> 0 emotion. People said she acts like dead from the inside and that's what she provides musically with Glory. VMAs' performance should have been a Glory medley. ONE SINGLE LIVE PERFORMANCE could have CHANGED the way she's seen by GP. (she can provide good vocals at least for a ballad stfu)

3) Musically the album is great with A LOT of (good) songs. Her body is on point. Her hair looks a lot better than 2015.

Archived