Britney's personality explained

MaPlayz

I don’t know if you guys are familiar with MBTI or typology at all, but I’m really interested in it and have studied it over the past couple of months while researching for a book that I’m writing. In short, MBTI divides people into 16 different categories and to me, it’s astounding how accurate the results are.

One of the ways I realized this is when comparing Britney’s specific type (ISFP) to her actual personality. Many qualities she exhibits are stereotypical ISFP and I thought it might be interesting to some of you.

Some typical struggles of the ISFP:

“[ISFPs are] great, lively, if not extroverted performers on a stage, photography, dance -- but often struggle with bouts of shyness, social awkwardness, or deeply held introspection.”

This is so Britney. She’s said multiple times how she becomes a different person on stage and while being extroverted on stage, she’s really shy off stage. Also, social anxiety and awkwardness seems to be something she deals with quite often.

“ISFPs struggle to feel like people actually know them due to all the performance energy.” Britney has said multiple times how she’s weirded out by people saying they love her etc. when they actually don’t even know her personally.

“Feeling as though constantly under a mask and unsure whether that masks needs to be removed to let people really know who you are.

I think that Britney, especially given everything she’s been through, is very hesitant to be open about her true feelings, personality and what she’s actually thinking. Simon Cowell said she’s a mystery and you never know what she’s actually thinking. Many times, when we say that we have no clue what she’s actually thinking/whether certain things even register with her – it’s because she’s afraid of being hurt (again) and would rather give away a shallow persona than reveal her inner-most thoughts and feelings and have them demolished by the public and people in her surroundings alike.

“An affinity for animals over humans. Why hang out with the humans when you can play with a lovable dog or curl up with a nice cat? They won't criticize you!”

I’m not so sure if that’s the case with her regarding animals but certainly when it comes to children. She knows children are pure and innocent. She doesn’t have to worry about them hurting her or being mean. She feels safer with them and is less anxious around them in M&Gs as we’ve seen time and time again.

“Being bored too early.” I think this doesn’t even need an explanation. Boredom seems to be her No.1 culprit to doing everything. If she’s busy and feels like there’s something new and exciting, she’s in the best of spirits. But when she starts to get bored and restless, that’s when trouble starts to arise.

“ISFPs have a massive disdain of criticism. It hits them in the heart. Try to see criticism as a chance to grow, blossom, and be better. If the ISFP does not learn how to deal with this perceived criticism, the ISFP will begin to shut out the incoming information that causes them pain.”

Britney’s been really hurt by criticism in the past – criticism regarding her daily choices, her choices as an artist, a woman, a wife, a mother. I think now she lives in this fairy bubble where she only listens to and pays attention to positive news and things that inspire her. Criticism and negativity is repelled by her self-built bubble.

“Under great stress, may feel out of control and fearful, dwelling on the "dark side" of things. This can cause an ISFP to make incredibly irrational decisions like an impulsive house buy, a sudden girlfriend, or too much interest in alcohol.”

2007. Nuff said.

The list goes on and on and on. I don’t know about you but I think it’s really interesting how much about a person you can deduce from certain psychological characteristics.

If you wanna know more about Britney’s type or figure out your own, let me know and I’ll post links for you guys  ;)

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, falka said:

actually I was thinking about this MBTI thing not so long ago:squintney:

I am really fascinated by it. There's so many stupid personality tests out there like "What cupcake are you?" lol But this one's actually scientific in nature and everyone that has taken this test (and I made all my family and friends take it) have said how eerily accurate it is.

9 minutes ago, The Greatest Show said:

I generally dont like it when people try to "explain" the personality of a person they have never met before. 

tumblr_o58p82Svor1sjt7gio1_500.gif

Well, I guess I should rephrase. I'm not saying "I know Britney inside and out." What I meant was that many of her personality traits and why she is the way she is can potentially be explained by her innate cognitive functions. ;) I agree with "Don't judge a book by its cover." I'm not really judging her though, I simply look at her life choices and most of them make sense when comparing them to her type. Just like my life choices and my friends' can seem more understandable and make more sense when looking at my and their types.

Oh and btw - that quote from the MEME is ISFP personified due to their introverted feeling function.

1 hour ago, MaPlayz said:

I don’t know if you guys are familiar with MBTI or typology at all, but I’m really interested in it and have studied it over the past couple of months while researching for a book that I’m writing. In short, MBTI divides people into 16 different categories and to me, it’s astounding how accurate the results are.

One of the ways I realized this is when comparing Britney’s specific type (ISFP) to her actual personality. Many qualities she exhibits are stereotypical ISFP and I thought it might be interesting to some of you.

Some typical struggles of the ISFP:

“[ISFPs are] great, lively, if not extroverted performers on a stage, photography, dance -- but often struggle with bouts of shyness, social awkwardness, or deeply held introspection.”

This is so Britney. She’s said multiple times how she becomes a different person on stage and while being extroverted on stage, she’s really shy off stage. Also, social anxiety and awkwardness seems to be something she deals with quite often.

“ISFPs struggle to feel like people actually know them due to all the performance energy.” Britney has said multiple times how she’s weirded out by people saying they love her etc. when they actually don’t even know her personally.

“Feeling as though constantly under a mask and unsure whether that masks needs to be removed to let people really know who you are.

I think that Britney, especially given everything she’s been through, is very hesitant to be open about her true feelings, personality and what she’s actually thinking. Simon Cowell said she’s a mystery and you never know what she’s actually thinking. Many times, when we say that we have no clue what she’s actually thinking/whether certain things even register with her – it’s because she’s afraid of being hurt (again) and would rather give away a shallow persona than reveal her inner-most thoughts and feelings and have them demolished by the public and people in her surroundings alike.

“An affinity for animals over humans. Why hang out with the humans when you can play with a lovable dog or curl up with a nice cat? They won't criticize you!”

I’m not so sure if that’s the case with her regarding animals but certainly when it comes to children. She knows children are pure and innocent. She doesn’t have to worry about them hurting her or being mean. She feels safer with them and is less anxious around them in M&Gs as we’ve seen time and time again.

“Being bored too early.” I think this doesn’t even need an explanation. Boredom seems to be her No.1 culprit to doing everything. If she’s busy and feels like there’s something new and exciting, she’s in the best of spirits. But when she starts to get bored and restless, that’s when trouble starts to arise.

“ISFPs have a massive disdain of criticism. It hits them in the heart. Try to see criticism as a chance to grow, blossom, and be better. If the ISFP does not learn how to deal with this perceived criticism, the ISFP will begin to shut out the incoming information that causes them pain.”

Britney’s been really hurt by criticism in the past – criticism regarding her daily choices, her choices as an artist, a woman, a wife, a mother. I think now she lives in this fairy bubble where she only listens to and pays attention to positive news and things that inspire her. Criticism and negativity is repelled by her self-built bubble.

“Under great stress, may feel out of control and fearful, dwelling on the "dark side" of things. This can cause an ISFP to make incredibly irrational decisions like an impulsive house buy, a sudden girlfriend, or too much interest in alcohol.”

2007. Nuff said.

The list goes on and on and on. I don’t know about you but I think it’s really interesting how much about a person you can deduce from certain psychological characteristics.

If you wanna know more about Britney’s type or figure out your own, let me know and I’ll post links for you guys  ;)

Wow... yeah... interesting. Thanks for posting! :)

I find it really interesting, thanks for posting.

I like to think that everyone is a sum up of a lot of those interesting things, including numerology and astrology. I made two threads here once where I explained why Britney acts the way she does accoarding to numerology and astrology.

Everything she does involving children is explained through her midheaven in cancer sign and her life lesson of number 6 (family) in numerology.

Another aspect I like to analyse is a persons sun and moon signs combination. It says a lot and detaches Britney, for example, from other sagittarius people.

Britney is a sagittarius with aquarius moon.

Check out what this combination tells about her:

Pathfinder

You can expect the unexpected when a Sagittarius-Aquarian is present. You are very unpredictable and set quite high goals for yourself. You generally follow them through, with honesty and devotion. You get unnerved when anyone tries to restrict your freedom but you are good-hearted, nice, and warm. Freedom is your favorite expression and no one can order you around. People seek you out because you are unlike people they know as well as captivating, charismatic, and friendly. You can at least count on your identity even if you were to have nothing else on earth. Activities that suggest change and innovation attract you as do being involved with others. Your greatest gift is foresight. You seem to know instantly what tomorrow has in store and you are always tuned to the future. You often say and do things that are designed to shock people and you are restless and unconventional because you hate nothing more than arrogant satisfaction. You get mixed up and impatient when others cannot keep up with you and you are generally a few steps in front of everyone else. Though you are open minded and forgiving by nature, your impatience can give you an air of conceit. It is difficult for you to be totally open in your partnerships with others because your essential emotional nature is a bit detached and remote. You have some pretty crazy friends but friendship is very important to you. Your compelling charm generally works to your advantage as does your positive approach to others, but there are occasions when a shrewder perspective is better. Eagerness and amiability may take you a long way, but they will not bake any bread. You must have choices in whatever you elect to do for a career. Intellectual pursuits draw you and you have an intellect for the theoretical. Fields, which may attract you, are politics, urban planning, and social ethics. People look up to you and try to emulate your freedom. You need to stop now in order to allow the rest of the world to catch up, but you do have certain leadership possibilities. Surprisingly, you have somewhat authoritarian, sanctimonious attitudes even though you verbalize open minded and democratic visions. After you have formed some of those revolutionary notions and beliefs they stick, so you also have a stubborn streak. Always keep your mind open, but particularly later in life. You have more wisdom and pragmatism than other Sagittarians because of your Aquarian inner nature, but you are still a bit naive.

3 hours ago, ifuseekari said:

I'm INFJ

Not sure if Britney is ISFP I mean she could be but it might be different now? Unless she does the test herself, there's no way of knowing what her personality traits are fully, I think.

But this is interesting. 

Aw, glad you enjoyed it :yay:I'm ENFP, we're both NF types .. the guy (Carl Jung) who came up with the whole thing calls NF types the "Idealists." :)

Regarding her changing her type - I don't think one can really change one's preferences. It's pretty complicated but basically there's 8 functions total, and any individual only has 4 of those 8 functions. You can't have less or more. The 4 functions combined with the order they're in (based on which one you use most often) make up each of the 16 types.

Of course there's no way to know absolutely for SURE what type Britney is unless she takes it herself. But with her, it is pretty obvious and about as stereotypical as you could get with typing, which is definitely a good thing because it proves she knows who she is and remains consistent from a morals/values kind of view

1 minute ago, Nando. said:

I find it really interesting, thanks for posting.

I like to think that everyone is a sum up of a lot of those interesting things, including numerology and astrology. I made two threads here once where I explained why Britney acts the way she does accoarding to numerology and astrology.

Everything she does involving children are explained through her midheaven in cancer sign and her life lesson of number 6 (family) in numerology.

Another aspect I like to analyse is a persons sun and moon signs combination. It says a lot and detaches Britney, for example, from other sagittarius people.

Britney is a sagittarius with aquarius moon.

Check out what this combination tells about her:

That's interesting and I think that some of it definitely holds true for her. I'm a libra with aries moon. Could you gimme my description if you know where to find it by any chance?? Would be interesting to read :)

1 minute ago, MaPlayz said:

That's interesting and I think that some of it definitely holds true for her. I'm a libra with aries moon. Could you gimme my description if you know where to find it by any chance?? Would be interesting to read :)

Of course!

Agitator

You love to play the devil's advocate and take the differing side in any conversation. If the discussion becomes slow, you will come up with some outrageous and contentious statement. Tomfoolery is your hobby. Some of that restive disquiet can be handled through self-discipline, which counteracts it. Centering your enthusiasm on a destination or interest is vital. Rather than wasting your vigor and talents in numerous directions, try focusing your activities and concentrating on one thing at a time. Disproportionate reliance on fantasy is one of the risks you face. You may appear to be the mild, passive, and laid-back Libran, but deep inside burns the scorching spirit of an Aries. All the exhilaration and motion immediately tells people that you are there. You find it hard just sitting quietly and there is no time for silent meditation or relaxation. Nevertheless, like all Libras, you want peace of mind and emotional equilibrium. Your constant craving for originality upsets your Libra scales and brings about tension. You are fidgety and autonomous. Your unvarying enemy is boredom. Things never seem as lively as you like them, so you dream of worlds full of adventure and romance. Fantasy is good for you, but to an extreme it can be very hazardous. You will be in better shape if you keep your attention fixed on future ends instead of dwelling on passing upsets or defeats of the moment. Your sparkling vigor, used correctly, can also take you to wonderful heights, but Libra-Arians have to deal with anxiety. You are a little self-absorbed but also have a very romantic character. The Libra-Aries must have as many distractions as possible to battle that inclination to withdraw into illusion. Your two signs are so opposite in nature that you may find yourself the victim of repeated mood swings. Your Aries inner being is unruly and just plain bothersome, however, as with all Libras, you believe in peacekeeping and benevolence. The result is alternating between shyness and assertiveness as well as ecstasy and despair, cheerfulness and anguish. You should attempt to keep away from overly anxious situations that bring about these mood changes. It is imperative that you give your Libra side a chance too, by taking time out for meditation and contemplation, even though you may secretly flourish with stimulation and tension. Be careful also about morose self-pity.

Archived