Britney's singing technique is being studied in my school

Itachi

11 minutes ago, neel21 said:

I once wrote an essay about how paparazzi/ media can destroy a person, so naturally Britney came to my mind, and so I wrote a full paragraph about 2007. I got 24/25 in the essay, and the professor read it out loud to the class, and said that my essay exemplified his point. 

P.S. It was free chance for Slumber Party/ Glory promo, and I milked it hard....

I think you put your soul into that essay  :otears:

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply
9 minutes ago, morango said:

Such a cool topic, thank you for sharing! Britney has a huge influence in the pop world indeed, it's good to know she's being studied and respected as the icon and artist she is.

She is very respected, in my country 99% of people love her,  but unfortunately she's not respected by her fans :otears:

I loved reading this! Thank you for sharing your story with us :clap: 

I remember a task in my french text book when I was in 8th or 9th grade which was about Britney. I don't remember exactly what we had to do (I think it was about a phone conversation we had to write down) but I know that it had a pretty big picture of her in it and I loved it so much that I just kept the book. You usually have to pay for a book when you don't hand it back after the school year is over but somehow I got away with it. Britney made me a criminal :shhh:

5 minutes ago, MrLovett said:

I remember a task in my french text book when I was in 8th or 9th grade which was about Britney. I don't remember exactly what we had to do (I think it was about a phone conversation we had to write down) but I know that it had a pretty big picture of her in it and I loved it so much that I just kept the book. You usually have to pay for a book when you don't hand it back after the school year is over but somehow I got away with it. Britney made me a criminal :shhh:

The things we do for Britney. Lol. I am a sociology major right now in grad school and I always find a way to relate her to our topics such as Neo-Weberian Theories and Social Movements while the rest of my classmates talk about urban poverty, **** trafficking, etc. :forkit:

11 minutes ago, MrLovett said:

mama im in love with a criminal

5 minutes ago, Darna said:

The things we do for Britney. Lol. I am a sociology major right now in grad school and I always find a way to relate her to our topics such as Neo-Weberian Theories and Social Movements while the rest of my classmates talk about urban poverty, **** trafficking, etc. :forkit:

Yasss, educate them hoes :flawless:

2 minutes ago, Dynasty said:

mama im in love with a criminal

tumblr_lt8vje9WkR1qzgghfo1_500.gif

:gobaby::gobaby::gobaby:

Guest Diamond Horse
18 minutes ago, Mayenaise said:

I call BULLSHIT on this entire story. You basically just put all of exhale opinions into one story for the reputation :weirdmeout:

Call it like I see it I know what you are, what you are BAYBEEEEE :rihstare:

You should go listen to Liar now :foh:

6 hours ago, Darna said:

Hello everyone! I'm new here and this is the first topic I am posting. :brit: I'm not sure if similar posts about this were posted and discussed before but sharing this with you anyway because it makes me really happy and proud as a Britney fan. 

My sister is a 1st year voice major in the Conservatory of Music of a university here in Manila. According to her, they have been studying different singing techniques such as singing in your chest voice, head voice, stomach voice (I really don't know what's the difference among those). Naturally, vocalists such as Minnie Riperton, Mariah, Whitney, Celine Dion, Toni Braxton and even Adele are the most common performers they study. To my surprise, they also study nasal voice, and while there may be other artists who sing that way, they only exemplify Britney. :queenflopga: She's gotten to a point now that she can sing like Britney (better than I do). :(

According to her, it is one of the most difficult singing techniques and requires precision when executed, that most of them would revert back to their chest/head voice when singing high notes because of the tendency to crack your voice and that vibrato is impossible. However, they do advise students against using nasal voice too much because it does damages the throat and was never intended for pop shows where you sing and dance, apparently it is used more in theater shows. (So I assume the reason why Britney no longer sings live is because her voice is totally damaged already). :sobbing:

Anyway, my sister told me that Britney is respected as an artist in their college. they study her not as Britney the celebrity but as Britney the artist, and the professors recognize her impact and influence in the music world. She's being studied alongside Andrea Bocelli, Beethoven, Aretha, Mariah, Queen, etc. I felt really proud as a fan. :crying1: 

Lastly, they (especially the professors) do not respect Beyonce the artist. They know her for stealing lyrics, art, performance concepts, and everything else and even they can tell that she lipsynchs just as much as the other pop artists during her live performances. :staysalty: they study Christina too and exemplify her as an artist who oversings. :ricackle:

Anyway, I'm just really happy and proud that professional musicians and music students do not only recognize Britney but they respect and study her artistry. (In my school at least). :)

Image result for trump university building

sounds legit.:beysip:

Archived