Jump to content

Britney's singing technique is being studied in my school


Itachi

Recommended Posts

Hello everyone! I'm new here and this is the first topic I am posting. :brit: I'm not sure if similar posts about this were posted and discussed before but sharing this with you anyway because it makes me really happy and proud as a Britney fan. 

My sister is a 1st year voice major in the Conservatory of Music of a university here in Manila. According to her, they have been studying different singing techniques such as singing in your chest voice, head voice, stomach voice (I really don't know what's the difference among those). Naturally, vocalists such as Minnie Riperton, Mariah, Whitney, Celine Dion, Toni Braxton and even Adele are the most common performers they study. To my surprise, they also study nasal voice, and while there may be other artists who sing that way, they only exemplify Britney. :queenflopga: She's gotten to a point now that she can sing like Britney (better than I do). :(

According to her, it is one of the most difficult singing techniques and requires precision when executed, that most of them would revert back to their chest/head voice when singing high notes because of the tendency to crack your voice and that vibrato is impossible. However, they do advise students against using nasal voice too much because it does damages the throat and was never intended for pop shows where you sing and dance, apparently it is used more in theater shows. (So I assume the reason why Britney no longer sings live is because her voice is totally damaged already). :sobbing:

Anyway, my sister told me that Britney is respected as an artist in their college. they study her not as Britney the celebrity but as Britney the artist, and the professors recognize her impact and influence in the music world. She's being studied alongside Andrea Bocelli, Beethoven, Aretha, Mariah, Queen, etc. I felt really proud as a fan. :crying1: 

Lastly, they (especially the professors) do not respect Beyonce the artist. They know her for stealing lyrics, art, performance concepts, and everything else and even they can tell that she lipsynchs just as much as the other pop artists during her live performances. :staysalty: they study Christina too and exemplify her as an artist who oversings. :ricackle:

Anyway, I'm just really happy and proud that professional musicians and music students do not only recognize Britney but they respect and study her artistry. (In my school at least). :)

Link to comment
  • Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

In my book of english (i'm from Chile, so I speak espnnniol) there was Overprotected as a lesson, and then we had to sing it (all my class)

I don't know where the book is, it was in highschool and now i'm so old :crying1:

Nice thread btw! I'ts very nice that kind of appreciation for our princess:bigkiss:

Link to comment
1 hour ago, Darna said:

Lastly, they (especially the professors) do not respect Beyonce the artist. They know her for stealing lyrics, art, performance concepts, and everything else and even they can tell that she lipsynchs just as much as the other pop artists during her live performances. :staysalty: they study Christina too and exemplify her as an artist who oversings. :ricackle:

Poor Locál. :howiroll:

Link to comment
16 minutes ago, bchile said:

In my book of english (i'm from Chile, so I speak espnnniol) there was Overprotected as a lesson, and then we had to sing it (all my class)

I don't know where the book is, it was in highschool and now i'm so old :crying1:

Nice thread btw! I'ts very nice that kind of appreciation for our princess:bigkiss:

I had so many lessons about Britney in school... God, Now I remember :idkney:  ...

in 7th grade my teacher gave us a homework to write about our favourite song and I wrote about Stronger.... in highschool, I had a lesson in my english book about Britney and Justin... in University I had to learn an article about pop music and Britney had a whole paragraph :quirkney: and I had a project about my idol, I spoke about Britney, my teacher have said that she had problems with drugs and I told her that this is not true, almost had a fight with her :quirkney:

 

so many memories :otears:

Link to comment

I once wrote an essay about how paparazzi/ media can destroy a person, so naturally Britney came to my mind, and so I wrote a full paragraph about 2007. I got 24/25 in the essay, and the professor read it out loud to the class, and said that my essay exemplified his point. 

P.S. It was free chance for Slumber Party/ Glory promo, and I milked it hard....

Link to comment
1 hour ago, Denise said:

I had so many lessons about Britney in school... God, Now I remember :idkney:  ...

in 7th grade my teacher gave us a homework to write about our favourite song and I wrote about Stronger.... in highschool, I had a lesson in my english book about Britney and Justin... in University I had to learn an article about pop music and Britney had a whole paragraph :quirkney: and I had a project about my idol, I spoke about Britney, my teacher have said that she had problems with drugs and I told her that this is not true, almost had a fight with her :quirkney:

 

so many memories :otears:

Britney educate us! That's the deal :lessons:

Link to comment

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

×
×
  • Create New...

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :badthoughts_gun_kris_genner_thinking_debating:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block