I can't believe I've been sleeping on "Intimidated" for this long...

DignifiedLove

A ******* UNDERRATED MASTERPIECE. Her vocals in the second verse and the FLAWLESS Darchild-esque bridge. :overwhelm:

I'm literally having early 2000's / Jimmy Neutron flashbacks and I just want to go back in time to my childhood. :overwhelm: Ugh, I wish Britney worked with Darkchild more on her third album. His work is so amazing and he's always been my favorite producer.   :wendycry:

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply
8 minutes ago, Someone Who Knows said:

This is one of my least-fave Britney songs lol it's very messy 

Hun, that's what I thought too until I gave it another listen and I was just like WOW. :brityeah:

If she wanted to go down that Darkchild route, It would have been a FAR better single choice than ILRNR.

Her vocals in the second verse alone > 

Just now, DignifiedLove said:

Hun, that's what I thought too until I gave it another listen and I was just like WOW. :brityeah:

If she wanted to go down that Darkchild route, It would have been a FAR better single choice than ILRNR.

Anything would have been a better single than ILRNR. The Britney-era singles were so terribly chosen! But yeah this could have been more interesting than ILRNR on the track list.

Just now, Someone Who Knows said:

Anything would have been a better single than ILRNR. The Britney-era singles were so terribly chosen! But yeah this could have been more interesting than ILRNR on the track list.

Agreed

Mid-late 2001 and post-9/11 was just a very messy and transitional time in the music industry in general. I said something like this in another thread but after the teen pop craze, you had more of these branded artists crossing over to a more urban audience with hip-hop influences.

Problem with Britney's third album was that she recorded a majority of it during early-mid 2001 while tailoring it to "Crossroads" and by the time she was ready to release the album, a majority of the work didn't sound as fresh and up-to-date with what was popular on radio at that moment hence why they practically remixed all the singles and chose the urban-influenced tracks to be released over the Max Martin signature pop sound.

It's a shame because a lot of the material Britney recorded during 2001 and 2002 was left unreleased because her team probably saw a potential to release them at a later time post-Crossroads, but by the time her 4th album came along, that sound had also weared off. 

23 minutes ago, DignifiedLove said:

Agreed

Mid-late 2001 and post-9/11 was just a very messy and transitional time in the music industry in general. I said something like this in another thread but after the teen pop craze, you had more of these branded artists crossing over to a more urban audience with hip-hop influences.

Problem with Britney's third album was that she recorded a majority of it during early-mid 2001 while tailoring it to "Crossroads" and by the time she was ready to release the album, a majority of the work didn't sound as fresh and up-to-date with what was popular on radio at that moment hence why they practically remixed all the singles and chose the urban-influenced tracks to be released over the Max Martin signature pop sound.

It's a shame because a lot of the material Britney recorded during 2001 and 2002 was left unreleased because her team probably saw a potential to release them at a later time post-Crossroads, but by the time her 4th album came along, that sound had also weared off. 

Also why she recorded Outrageous and Boom Boom -- thank God she fought for her own vision for the album and era.

Man, I was so bummed when Boys was chosen as the fourth single when I was 12 LOL

14 minutes ago, Someone Who Knows said:

Also why she recorded Outrageous and Boom Boom -- thank God she fought for her own vision for the album and era.

Man, I was so bummed when Boys was chosen as the fourth single when I was 12 LOL

Boys (Co-Ed Remix) is flawless sis. WYD?? :nobitch:

I really wanted Lonely, Let Me Be, and WILTBM as singles as well. Cinderella was one of my favorites too. :brityeah:

This could've had a spot in the 'Britney' album had they not scrapped the 'Crossroads' soundtrack and threw all those songs in the mix. I love the "show me...I must confess" and "B-R-I-T-N-E-Y" bits,  Great song, made no sense in the Jimmy Neutron movie/soundtrack though, weird placement. lol

3 hours ago, DignifiedLove said:

If she wanted to go with a Darkchild song, ''Lonely'' would have been the best choise, that one was a lost Hit

16 minutes ago, PBoy said:

If she wanted to go with a Darkchild song, ''Lonely'' would have been the best choise, that one was a lost Hit

Oh my God.......................... :waitwhat:

Why am I just finding out that Darkchild produced "Lonely"? :meltdown::meltdown:

I've been a HUGEEEE "Lonely" stan for years and I'm now just finding out. OMG. And yes that's true. It's truly the hit that got away. 

OMG AND HE PRODUCED LET ME BE.

No wonder why those two are my favorite tracks on the album other than I Run Away.  :wendycry:

Archived