Name a Britney's song that COULD be great, but completely missed its mark

Guest Diamond Horse

Guest Diamond Horse

I think Body Ache has a great chorus, for instance :mhm:  (By that I mean of course what the song could have sound like, but the popularity-wise scenarios are also welcome :))

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply
29 minutes ago, SoulSilver said:

Slumber Party. All the people I've played it to really liked the song. It just so happened they had no idea it existed because they have never heard of it on the radio or at least talked about. They also thoroughly enjoyed the video.

So much potential WASTED, ugh why didn't Britney promote.

Guest Diamond Horse
Just now, ohoney said:

The only reason why Exhalers seems to 'hate' on SP is because it 'flopped', those brag queens :wannadie:

I remember when everybody loved it.. I loved it too. And I thought it had hit potential. And afterwards I didn't think it anymore and got cold on the song for a moment. So, I am guilty of it too :mhm: But I have never disliked the song. I generally think it is with clever lyrics and with genius melody.

Just now, WeddingNight said:

I remember when everybody loved it.. I loved it too. And I thought it had hit potential. And afterwards I didn't think it anymore and got cold on the song for a moment. So, I am guilty of it too :mhm: But I have never disliked the song. I generally think it is with clever lyrics and with genius melody.

The production is so good, and also, this always happens with EVERY song that flops, before everyone loves it and then after it flops people hate on it. 

Guest Diamond Horse
Just now, ohoney said:

The production is so good, and also, this always happens with EVERY song that flops, before everyone loves it and then after it flops people hate on it. 

yeah it happens. even though usually it doesn't happen with me. Make Me for instance always grew on me. But I think it happened with me because SP is like a more laidback song or smth. And her vocals sound good in SP, but the song doesn't really highlight her vocals. :snapney:

Hold on tight has amazing verses and pre-chorus, kind of an earie dark vibe, and then the chorus kind of ruins it for me as it sounds light and corny.

Make me, could have had a chorus with words instead of oo ooo oooo and idk, a different sound - when I first heard the dancer's snippet originally her voice sounded voulernable and the song sounded RnB. To this day I like how that distorted snippet sounds better that the official. 

Just Luv Me snippet as well had less production on her voice and I think it sounded much better, more raw. 

And then a bunch of the songs she does in the baby voice I think would sound amazing in her deeper register. Like slumber party for example, could you imagine that a little deeper? Ugh heaven, Make me would also be better in a deeper voice.

Guest Diamond Horse
Just now, The_Original_Toy said:

Hard To Forget Ya,

everything but the chorus is perfection, the chorus is just bland :forkit:

I still love it :) It has got that good production.

Archived